New domain name?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.

What kind of URL do you want to see?

Something using the full word "neocolours"
52%
Something using "thenc" or a variant thereof
45%
Neither--explain below
2%

Total votes: 86

bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

^votes for neocolours.net as well, if it's possible.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

jeti wrote:
Kamil wrote:Again my question, which almost NO ONE is responding to -- if I can get us http://neocolours.com/ would that be fine with the collective that is us?
jeti wrote:That being said, if we can get the resellers to back down, .com, .net, and .org are all very nice, although I think I like .com and .net better than .org, and .net the most, aesthetically speaking.
I said "almost" no one. And you must admit, jeti, you were one of the few people who responded the first time I asked. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Kamil wrote: Again my question, which almost NO ONE is responding to -- if I can get us http://neocolours.com/ would that be fine with the collective that is us?
Wingsrising wrote:I'm perfectly fine with neocolours.com if it's available for a reasonable price.
Don't look at me, I answered, too. :-)
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Okay, Wingsrising, you're off the hook too. =D

So I wrote Robin to ask her about how to start talking to Network Solutions -- since they're a reseller, if they get the idea that we really want it they'll start jacking the price up, and we don't want that o.0 -- and she pointed out a domain that I don't remember seeing before now.

http://neocolours.me.uk

Have we seen this one? Do we hate it? It's avaliable for ten bucks a year if we don't.

If we have seen it and we hate it, I apologize for missing that part. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

What does the me stand for?
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Garrett wrote:
What does the me stand for?
According to Robin (I just asked):
the me part means just that... me. As in, myself. It's intended to denote individual sites, as opposed to company sites, business sites or organizations, but there are no restrictions on who can register it. The co.uk is supposed to denote a commercial business site, but there are no restrictions really on that, either, just as with .com.
And there you have it. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

I think that would be perfect! :D

Yes, I know that I didn't say something until now, but that's mostly because I'm not that long here and don't feel very qualified to put in my two cents.
But this adress would be really good, because it's almost identical to the old one and we keep the neocolours part. And it doesn't cost us the world. *g*
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

I like the .me.uk -- in my head it sounds the most similar to the old URL, so that's the best for me!
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

It seems a little weird, since I've never seen that before, but I think I could get used to it and it is very similar to the old one, which I like...
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Oooh. Neocolours.me.uk would be cool with me.

Well, I still worry about Sam, but we can hope all the "thenc" options don't expire by the time we might need them.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I quite like neocolours.me.uk. Neocolours me! Beer me!

What about some of the free things--like no-ip.com? Derek and I use that a lot. The free ones include no-ip.org, no-ip.biz, zapto.org, etc. You can pay to use no-ip.com, no-ip.net, etc. So, I mean, we could have neocolours.no-ip.org for free. (I've snatched that up, for now, just in case.) It's not just a simple redirect (like the neocolours.doesntexist.com is), though it can do that. It's a DNS host or web redirecting, whichever you prefer to do.

The only downside is that it says no-ip in the URL, though I don't care. But then I don't care that it says kamil.slashcity.com, hee. It's not as if I tend to type it out--I just click on a favorite.

I should have mentioned this earlier; it kept slipping my mind.
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Because I'm suspicious and twitchy I went ahead and snapped up http://neocolours.me.uk for the next two years -- which is in no way me saying "we have to use that now!!one!" - err, no. It's just I'd hate for one of the resellers to grab it too at this late date.

I still haven't heard back from the twits holding http://neocolours.net - I suppose if I don't hear back soon I'll mail them again at the end of the week.

Don't want to appear too eager. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.