Subeta: Escalade Revamp!

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yay! These look fabulous. I might consider getting one, although I don't know that it's the sort of must-have that the revamped Endeavor was for me.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Eee! So happy, I'm DYING to get a marsh escalade - my 12th pet slot! *goes to make!*
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

:D! Thank you!

I'm glad you all like them! I had a great time making them into a desirable pet ;o; It makes me happy to know it's well-received, lol XD
<3
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Awesome work FMD, I've been wanting an Escalade for such a long time and this is the best revamp ever <3

Just need some elixirs now ;D
checkers

Post by checkers »

:oops: Gosh I didn't see this topic, neither did my brother XD
I always did like them, the new pose is beautiful they look more posh and elegant. I think I might get a Galactic one, but I don't know ^_^ Betza is Galactic. I love them, uhm not many people did like them before.

*thumbs up*
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

An improvement, definitely. Much more sleek-looking, especially the eyes.

FMD, I had no idea you drew for Subeta! Lovely job 8)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Crystal Firefly

Post by Crystal Firefly »

I always liked Escalades even when they were not drawn so well, so this new one is lovely! The fur is so shiny.

I'm starting to wish I still had my old Escalade.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Oooh wow. I really like Escalade now. I only noticed they were revamped because I was thinking of making a Galactic one and I was looking on subetadb. I like how they look like Absol now, they are one of my favourite Pokemon. I like how this looks more elegant, I never did like the cartoon dorky type pets.

EDIT: Someone here please make Escalade Elixirs, don't make the too rare though please? I REALLY want to make Starmie a Galactic Escalade.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Oh, these are just beautiful - fur is so gorgeously shiny. I think I might be tempted by a redraw of them in not so distant future. Lovely job FMD!
Last edited by zebru on 06 Apr 2007 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

zebru wrote: I might be tempted by a redraw of them in not so distant future. Lovely job FMD!
I am tempted by the Galactic one. I really want Starmie to be a Galactic Escalade. Must. Keep. Labbing.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

She did make escalade elixirs, they're just not released yet. Hold your horses! XD

Also, she'll have to confirm this, but i'm 99% sure she didn't even THINK about absol when she made it xD That's just an odd coincidence.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

jessibean wrote:Also, she'll have to confirm this, but i'm 99% sure she didn't even THINK about absol when she made it xD That's just an odd coincidence.
It is quite odd, but I like it. Absol are one of my favourite Pokemon to look at. There are only a few similarities between them and the Escalade, but they aren't exactly 'OMG if it has that it MUST be an Absol' type features.

The similar things are:

-Slit eyes (not only an Absol feature, but the Escalades eyes have changed)
- In the two reference pics there is now mouth visible (Again not only an Absol feature, but Escalade used to be open mouthed, which I didn't like >_<)
-Pose. Their legs are positioned similarly, with the back legs looking more stong and the front two close together. The head is also looking the same way.
-Head thingy. Now the Escalades head thing looks much more curved and smooth in comparison to the old one and it looks more like an Absol now.

I'm not saying FMD based this off an Absol, I am just pointing out the similarities I noticed. I think that this revamp is REALLY good. FMD may have been subconsciously thinking about an Absol while drawing this. I think the similarities are there, but not so much that it's a big thing. I don't think she would purposely draw a Subeta pet like a Pokemon as it there would be potentially a lawsuit involved. This is not the case though, I only noticed that it looked like an Absol AFTER it was already pointed out.
EarwenAncalime

Post by EarwenAncalime »

Wow I love these now! I went ahead and adopted a pet from the Adoption place but I'm unable to find any escalade elixirs :/ Is there any? If not how do I get her from illumis to escalade?
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

There weren't any Escalade Elixirs, that's how crappy they were before XD And no one ever asked for any before. Yeah, they were pretty bad D: BUT I made some, just have to wait a few days, probably.

And I was definitely not thinking of Absol when I drew the Escalade ;_; So plz don't go crying it's a copy thx. Though I do like Absol XD;
<3
Fish

Post by Fish »

... Woo, it's walking towards the viewer and has a spikey head.

Really, the Escalade is beautiful. I reminds me of some sort of reptilian-llama-creature, with the fuzzy and the blunt legs and face.
<B>highly</b>FLAMMABLE<I>animal</i>
<a href="http://subeta.org/userinfo.php?user=158800">See: Feezl</a>