Site redesign.

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Okay, I've put a lighter grey up on the forums only. Contrast it with any other page and tell me what you think.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

That looks much better, although I'm sure we would have got used to the darker version - just it's so new.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Ooh, the lighter grey looks much better. I expect Cheese is right, but the lighter one is much easier to adjust to, it doesn't look so big that way!
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I will also point out here that it's no bigger than the old overall site header ;)
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

And I'm double posting just because I <i>can</i>. I just finished the Neopets pet viewer and it's on the index. You can view all of a certain species or colour by pose, as well as all poses of a single pet. All pets should link to their individual pose page. Tell me if it glitches.

Remaining:
- subeta experiments (tiel's handling, I think)
- unreleased neopets colours
- most recent neopets colours
- possibly subeta revamps (no idea how to go about that, see previous post of mine)

Keep submitting news thingies! I've now had four. Four is not a fantastically huge amount.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/kamil/public_html/viewpet.php on line 81
Got it trying to use the Neopets viewer from the pet colors link in the top bar.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I'd added some HTML and used " instead of '. grrrr. Fixed now.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

There is no circle pose?
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

...I completely forgot it existed.

edit: fixed now.
Last edited by dandelions on 14 Apr 2007 01:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I do so hate to keep mentioning things, because it makes me feel ungrateful, but I was looking though pet colors and when I'd click on, say, the yellow Aisha and I got red. I clicked on darigan and I got the non-existent custard - and it's doing the same thing with other species as well. It seems to fetch the poses to the left of the pet color you click on, whether they exist or not.

Thanks so much for all you're doing; it's great to be able to see all of the pet colors here again. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Also, one more thing, and if you mentioned this on MSN, sorry, I was away!

Say I click to look at a yellow blumaroo in the happy pose - it still shows me ALL the poses.

But it looks great, Jazzy! You (and Tiel!) are doing a wonderful job :D
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Are the photos going to be included? They were last time—I don't really care if they're left out because they're ugly—and some people might want them back.

EofS

Post by EofS »

I think this is everything I mentioned which you asked me to repeat here:

1) Aesthetically I think it would look nicer if the pictures were in some sort of grid. Just pale grey lines or something. Break it up a bit.

2) Although I know you've explained why this is, I should probably raise it publicly anyway - the lack of colour/species names under the pictures is very confusing and makes it so the site is not too useful for people who don't already know Subeta (or Neopets for that matter) very well.

3) Following from that, the possibility of having a species guide and a colour guide. Particularly important for the completely non-intuitive Subeta colours like dawn or sun. Rather than fiddling with the code I think static pages would be more than adequate for each of these in a pinch. If they could then link to the 'all species in this colour' pages (or the 'all colours for this species') that would be even more convenient of course, but not such a worry.

Don't think there was anything else was there?

*Looks at Neopets guide* Hmm.

If I look at all the poses for one pet (yellow blumaroo in this instance) the arrangement of pictures is rather peculiar. I get:

First row: Circle, Happy, Sad
Second row: Angry, Ranged Attack
Third row: Close Attack
Fourth row: Defended, Hit, Beaten/Ill
Fifth row: 80x80

This is in Seamonkey 1.1.1 - am I the only person seeing this very uneven spread? Or is it intentional and I'm just not seeing the logic. Either seems possible ;0)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm getting it too in firefox.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Huggles wrote:I'm getting it too in firefox.
I, too, am getting it, and I use IE 7.