Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

New Maraquan Petpets

Post by Kamil »

Geb, Ghostkerchief, Albat, and Floud.

Image Image Image Image

On first glance I like them all quite a bit (although less love for the Geb, which is unusual for me, I usually love them, and even less for the Ghostkerchief, which is not unusual, as I usually don't care for them, although here I adore its colors), as the colors are bright and pleasing, and quite evocative of shiny creatures flitting about in the ocean's depths.

*stares, to see if I'll change my opinion on any*

After further thought, I adore the Albat and wish I had a pre-revamp maraquan Techo or Eyrie to put with it. The expression on its face is love.

And the Floud is quite cute - although I have to keep staring at its name, as I don't find it terribly Floud-like, and therefore keep forgetting what species it is.

Oh well, I still think it's cute. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

The albat would go perfectly with a maraquan eyrie-though I have no idea what the revamped maraquan eyrie looks like. :(

I like the ghostkerchief and the geb, but not the floud...that is a floud, right?
Though, after pondering for a second, the floud would go fairly well with a maraquan pteri
Last edited by danceu4ia on 17 May 2007 01:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

That Ghostkerchief owns SOBAD. I would get one in a heartbeat if I had any pet that matched it.
ImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

That Albat is going straight into gallery.

Same with the Ghostkerchief

I like the hermit-crab Geb, and the Floud is the "Could do better" of the bunch.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm actually not fond of the Ghostkerchief: from the head up it's awesome, but the legs don't look right to me; like their thickness is inconsistant or they were outlined by a five year old. :?

The Albat is gorgeous, though. Heck, I love the detail on all of these petpets.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I can't put my finger on what I don't like about the ghostkerchief which is a shame, because I love the colours and the concept. The eyes bother me certainly. Just something seems to be off somehow in the general... drawingyness of it. Same with the geb, which seems rather flatly coloured.

The albat... is a bit like a magic eye puzzle - I have to keep shifting it in and out of focus to work out how it works in 3D. I *think* I like it, but I'm having to force myself to see it the way I think it's meant to be seen, if that makes sense.

The floud is cute - a very obvious transformation of the normal petpet. Colours don't do anything for me, but they do remind of something. Is it the maraquan Pteri? It's similar colours to the <strike>shark</strike> Maraquan grarrl too.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Oh. My. God.

That albat is BEYOND gorgeous! I wish wish wish I had something, ANYTHING to put it with! Agh!

The others are nice, but they pale in comparison next to the albat for me. So beautiful!
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

My favourite of the bunch is the Floud. Because... it deosn't look like a Floud. It reminds me of some sort of puppy.
varii

Post by varii »

I LOVE the Geb and the Albat. Although I'm not totally fond of how they made it mimic the maraquan eyrie so exactly, but it's very pretty anyway.
Veo

Post by Veo »

ALBAT = WIN
amazonvero

Post by amazonvero »

Aaagh, that Maraquan Albat is amazing. It's going on my Mara Eyrie as soon as its able to be painted (tried a second ago and it didn't work). The Mara Eyrie looks like crap compared to the original btw
ImageImageImage

I actually really like the Geb, it makes a great little crab. Don't know what you could put it with though. The Ghostkerchief is a miss for me too, I don't know what it is either - I think it might just have too much: creepy eyes, tentacles and that dangling thing.
PETA: People for the Ethical Treatment of Apostrophes.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

The Floud doesn't quite... look like a Floud, but it's cute. The eyes are a bit hard to make out, though.

As everyone already said, the Albat's gorgeous and all. Yeah. I don't think I have anything else to say.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Oooh, I'm going to post a broken one-liner! All beautiful, I approve!
Bif

Post by Bif »

The Floud looks very much like a Floud, it has the wings/fins and most of all, the signature nose. The Floud is as graceful as a Floud can be and the colours are clean and bright. Finally a redraw colour for a petpet which has been on Neopets for longer than I have, yet still only has 5 colourfill colours (including the original). Much love.

Although the colours on the Maraquan Albat are amazing, my liking of it stops there, it's expression is that of a dear in head lights and I can't help but feel crowded when I look at it, it is all squished up.

The Ghostkerchief is awesome! I love it's mouth and the detail of the suckers on it's tentacle. Along with the extra glowy thing on it's cute little round head. ^_^ Look at those big eyes O.O

The Geb I like, except that it's eyes may have looked better black, despite this I like it's colours and concept. :)
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I'm very impressed by these colours, all of them are wonderful additions to the petpet puddle.

But there's a nag I have about all of them, without Kamil or any of you posting what species they were I would have thought that they were 4 entirely new petpets.