What items would you use to make a volcano?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
varii

What items would you use to make a volcano?

Post by varii »

So I'm toying with an idea for a new gallery but now I'm not sure it'll work the way I imagined it. Before I give up and start thinking about another theme, I wanted to check to make sure I wasn't missing something. So yes, the question is if you had to help your neopet tomorrow to make a volcano, what items would you use?

The standard real life make-your-own-volcano recipe includes the following..
-Liquid Soap
-Vinegar
-Baking soda
-a container of some sort
-water

Those are the real life ingredients, but I'm not against creative interpretation. :)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Honestly, I'd use none of that. I'd steal some volcanic rocks from ICKessler, maybe some red codestones, some rope, coconut masks, spears, and some plushies of Hanna to use as sacrifices to the fiery gods. In other words, I'd go the Mystery Island native route. It leaves you a lot more room for personal interpretation.
varii

Post by varii »

Oh, I would too but this would be for a very specific category. How to make your own purely science wise. Sacrificing Hannah surely deserves it's own category. :)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Ahh. Well... there's semolina that could take the place of baking soda, lots of bottles of water, maybe some shampoos for liquid soap, and quite a few bowls around. Try doing some generic searches on neoitems.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

If there's any item named/described as acid, that'd be good for vinegar. Semolina is a bit grainy, but could indeed potentially work for the powder. I'm not sure it'd work in real life, but I don't know what other options exist on Neopets.
Image Image
uncharted

Post by uncharted »

i would use paper mache. and glue. so newspapers, magazines. and then I would paint it and add plastic trees to the base.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I've never actually heard of making a volcano, on Earth or in Neopia, so I'm intrigued.

There's a Soap Bottle grooming item, but vinegar would be harder. There's brown sauce but I have a feeling that's NOT what you're after.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

What about cola of some kind? That's often acidic and might make a fizzy volcano type thing. It's the baking powder/soda which is harder to replicate- there aren't many basic (or alkaline) things which are normal household things like sodium bicarbonate is.

I know if you leave urine to sit for a few days you get ammonia but I think that's probably not at all helpful.
Neopets wishlists: here
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Finely Ground Bean Powder, one of the Shenkuu medicines, could be an alkaline baking powder substitute...in reality, it's unlikely to be since most edible things are neutral/acidic, but its closest real world equivalent could also be powders used in medicine. Calcium carbonate- used in Setlers and so on- is a weakly alkaline substance used to treat indigestion and can come in a similar powder form.

Alternatively, this site seems to suggest you could do it with a Can of Neocola and Strong Mints.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Soda-Bottle-Volcano
varii

Post by varii »

dandelions wrote: Alternatively, this site seems to suggest you could do it with a Can of Neocola and Strong Mints.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Soda-Bottle-Volcano
That looks like so much fun, I am totally going to have to try that sometime.

I think that unless TNT decides to release baking soda and vinegar as items, if I go throughh with my idea I'll probably use Exploding Powder as a subsitute for baking powder and maybe..an Exploding Potion or maybe Noxious Nectar..I'll have to think about it some more.

Thanks for all the input!
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

Ok remember way back from 4th grade science faire if not longer hers what my group did pretty much. Though might been different but hey it was long time ago.

Soda bottle or a container thats deep in the bottom but thin at the top.
Baking soda
Vinegar
Red and yellow food coloring.
Lots and lots of playdoh or any sort of molding clay.

Then cover said container with clay before of course either put the baking powered or vinegar which ever is easiest. Paint clay desired color then erupt away. After a while due to the clay getting wet it'll currode and look more life like volcano if I remember right we won too with it. :D

As for neo stuff I think they do have darigan doh not sure if there is any "clay" that isn't a silly weapon of sort. OR like another nc'er suggested soda and mint candy! :D

~ Chibi