Two Redos and One New Color

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Two Redos and One New Color

Post by Kamil »

Behold the new darkmatter Kerubi, the new bloodred Torrent, and the brand-new chibi Illumis:

Image Image Image

I am so glad to see one of the existing Torrent redraws getting such lovely attention; I can't wait to see what she does with reborn. Torrents have the potential of being my favorite species, so I really am anticipating the remaining redraws. ^^

I really like the Kerubi (wasn't it more or less a colorfill before?), but I don't own one, so those who owned one might feel differently, if it changed the personality of the pet. *hopes Zebru still likes hers*

Hee, look at the ickle Illumis. *fluffs its floof* As usual with your pets, Aqua, I want to pluck it apart in sections so I can store the prettyful parts in my gallery. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Crap. Old dark matter kerubi was among my top 5 pets on subeta, and new one doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. It looks like a neopets grey pet - like it's suffering a severe anxiety attack. Also its body looks a bit like a raccoon and I don't like the lack of symmetry in wings. I'd live with that if its expression stayed the same though. I loved the vacant eerie look old one had. I hope Galactic Kerubi ends up looking as lovely as spectrum one so I can repaint Nea that *sighs*

EDIT: Kamil guessed my thoughts on this one *snugs* Personalty doesn't match anymore sadly.

Torrent I like, shark attack pose is working lovely - can't fault it whatsoever. Illumis is cute in a good way - the only thing that bothers me a bit is that the transparent part of wings makes the rest of wings colour look washed out.
Last edited by zebru on 06 Jun 2007 01:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Whoa the Torrent is a vast improvement, if I ever wanted a Bloodred pet that would be the species I would choose, it looks so evil.

The Chibi Illumis is cute, but not a pet I would own, sorry Aqua. I like it and all, just not as striking as the Torrent, but it's only a Chibi pet, they aren't very good in the best of times.

I don't remember the old Kerubi, so I can't comment, I don't mind this one though.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Damnit, I had a Bloodred Torrent, and I pounded him just because I didn't think they'd get a revamp, I like the name but I just let one go, now I really wish I didn't. They look mega cool now though, as if to say 'I know where you live' xD definitely going to make it onto my account someday.

Bleh, I loveeeeee Chibi Illumis, I have a Spectrum Illumis, and I have this well I suppose phobia(Sp?) of having two of the same species pets on one account, although I think this may just break it because it's so damn cute and exactly what Betza(first Subeta pet) was meant to look like, but now I might make Bettza a Chibi Illumis, but then again I might want a Chibi Aeanoid.

^__^ I've seen the Darkmatter Kerubi on my brothers PC, but as for now I wont clear my cache to see the new one on mine, I think it's rather nice.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I don't mind adi, I'm not a chibi pet person either. :P Seemed like a suiting illumis colour somehow though.

I bet arbor's glad they finally used that torrent. XD
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

Considering I finished that Torrent months ago, and the users who know my AIM have been ragging on me for not having any new colours done? XD Yeah, you could say that, Aqua.

The chibi Illumis kills me with its cuteness. XD I'm not much for chibi pets either, (I think.. I've only ever actually liked the Hikei and Devonti,) but something about it just makes me grin. I'm trying really hard not to picture real bugs; giant, furry with huge eyes, staring at me. Really, really hard.
Kytsune

Post by Kytsune »

That torrent is the greatest thing ever. o_o It's fiftytrillion times better than the old one. -worship- The blue part kind of bugs me because it doesn't really match, but the pet's so awesome that I don't even care. X3

I don't remember what the old kerubi looked like, but the new one's cute.

The illumis is just plain adorable. ^_^ Awwwr.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Aqua wrote:I don't mind adi, I'm not a chibi pet person either. :P Seemed like a suiting illumis colour somehow though
^__^ It's wonderful, what I'd like to see in Illumis is a reborn or hydrus :3
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Why do so many dark matter pets look worried? Aren't they supposed to be brain-washed or even evil?
Image Image
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Oh gosh... the Chibi Illumis is adorable! It's so cute and fluffy and innocent looking. It's great to see them getting some more redraws.

I approve of the new Kerubi automatically since the old one was just a recolor, and pretty much anything's better than that. However, I do agree that they should have kept the same spooky, haunted expression it had before. Sulky DM pets that look like they're plotting something sinister are one thing, but I'm not a big fan of the ones that look more angsty then evil.

And... I think I might be the only one who doesn't love the Torrent. It needed a redraw so badly, but something about this one doesn't sit quite right with me... maybe it's the blueish back fin? If it had been gray/whitish, it would have looked a lot better to me. That said, it's still an infinite improvement over the old one... just not one I'd get.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I'm excited to see the bloodred Torrent, simply because I'm waiting impatiently for a reborn or galactic one. The bloodred one isn't exactly to my tastes, but I didn't expect it to be; it is a quite lovely angry fishie, though.

I don't really have much of an opinion on the others. I don't like chibis in general, so I can't be expected to get too excited about this one. I have to say, though, it's quite adorable and fluffy. A baby bugmoththing shouldn't be that cute! It's quite disconcerting, really. =)
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Kytsune wrote:I don't remember what the old kerubi looked like, but the new one's cute.
Posted on Alpes' kerubi's lookup.

I think the new on is a vast improvement, though I have to agree it looks like a complete wimp.

I think the chibi illumis is my favorite out of the bunch. Cute little insects are always full of win.

The BR torrent's pose looks awkward to me, but it's still incredibly awesome. Not something I'm going to run out and get, though. :P
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I like the way the chibi Illumis has its front legs clasped together. With that and the big eyes it looks like it's begging for a cookie.

Not a pet I'd own, but still cute.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The expression on the Torrent is great, but I can't figure out what the heck is going on with its body.

The Kerubi is meh. Didn't like it before, I don't like now.

The Illumis is LOVE. Unfortunately, while it suits the personality for Yumigami PERFECTLY, I still like Galactic best. I wonder what a Graveyard or Reborn Illumis will look like? *hint hint*
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

The Torrent... It's looking at me... ;______;

The Kerubi... meh. =/ Yeah, the old one was a redraw, and I do somewhat like the worried look on its face, but something isn't letting me like it. As for the Illumis, I've never been a fan of chibis. It's well drawn, yeah, but something about it bothers me.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*