Best new items ever? Possibly!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Best new items ever? Possibly!

Post by Jessi »

Yes. Yes, I am posting an entire topic about this. Why? Because it is THAT wonderful.
Have a relaxing afternoon sipping some tea from the Coffee Shop.
Image Image Image Image
At first glance, I went, "Look at the big straws!". That lead to "Huh, that looks like the cups my bubble tea comes in..."

OH BUT WHAT'S THAT AT THE BOTTOM?!

Tapioca pearls?! BUBBLES?!

OMG.

BUBBLE TEA ON NEOPETS.

That is just truly, truly beyond amazing.

*ahem* I had to share this delight with all. Marvel at the bubble tea. DO IT. Then go get some in real life. I know this requires going outside, but DO IT. Delicious!
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I thought they looked quite pretty too! Unfortunately I don't think they do Bubble Tea here. D: ;-;

It looks tasty though. xD
miazilla

Post by miazilla »

OOoooooh. Pretty. New stuff for my gallery! I wonder what the rarities are...
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

adi_gallia wrote:I thought they looked quite pretty too! Unfortunately I don't think they do Bubble Tea here. D: ;-;
*GASP*

I bet they do! You just have to find a place that does it xD Bubble tea is usually tea with milk in it, although you can get it as pretty much ANY kinda tea here, and in slushies and smoothies and what not (I'm a ceylon milk tea fan myself). The tea is 'shaken' martini style which gives it a foamy 'bubble look', although bubbles tends to refer to the addition of tapioca pearls in the bottom of the tea glass - the 'bubbles' xD You get a huge straw, and when you drink the tea, you get BUBBLES in it, and it's AMAZING.

Seriously. Amazing.

Last time Lindsey and I were in chicago, we bought bubbles and tea to make it ourselves xD
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

They're cool. Art-wise, I'd prefer thinner lines, though. The horrible thick lines sorta ruin the item for me.

=)

And I never had bubble tea either. That's something I'd do with Jason.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

You can get bubble tea in England, it's quite nice..
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Kidnemo wrote:You can get bubble tea in England, it's quite nice..
o: where from? I would have thought I'd have seen it some where before. xD
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Bubble tea? Sounds cool, never hear about that before. :|
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I've had bubble tea in NYC. I, er, didn't really like the bubbles.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I hate tea as it is, so I doubt I'd like it bubbly =p
oh em gee

Post by oh em gee »

bubble tea (or boba tea, as we call it around here) is all over california. hee.

they also have tiny tapioca pearls instead of the huge ones, if you prefer. lollicup is the best. <3

having said that...

now i have to go back to neopets, and earn some np for these guys to go into my gallery... xP
Madge

Post by Madge »

Bubble tea can be got from some Japanese food shops here in Perth...

I don't really like the sago, though; but they have something called jelly, which is, well, jelly bits. It's pretty good.

The amusing thing is the place I get bubble tea from has this HUGE machine that does nothing else but put the lids on it. And they give you a huge straw that is the same colour as your drink :D

My favourite flavours are rainbow coconut and banana. The rainbow coconut is awesome in that you can actually *taste* the rainbow part. I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, but you have a distinct rainbow and a distinct coconut flavour. The rainbow flavour is kind of fruity and stuff.... but it beats the hell out of skittles.

As for the items: Pretty!
ICKessler

Post by ICKessler »

We have bubble tea in mississipppi, for pete's sake. I'm pretty sure that's what those are, I was thinking the same thign when I saw them.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Madge wrote: I don't really like the sago, though; but they have something called jelly, which is, well, jelly bits. It's pretty good.

The amusing thing is the place I get bubble tea from has this HUGE machine that does nothing else but put the lids on it. And they give you a huge straw that is the same colour as your drink :D
Probably Coconut Jelly - the woman who runs House of Cha, our preferred bubble tea hang out, gave that to me once during a shortage of tapioca pearls, but I was not fond of it. But you were, so yay xD

And ROFL, I know, that machine is awesome xD I'm not sure if its the same -everywhere-, but every place I've ever gotten bubble tea from, including like 12 places in Chicago, the lids have cute pictures and random Chinese or Japanese text on them saying cute things that I wish I could read and oftentimes try to make Lindsey translate for me xD

The big straw's the best part. I love those straws.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Ours has those awesome lids, too; when I first got it, it had these cute little animé type designs.

Now they have these stylised zodiac signs. All of it is of course in Chinese/Japanese (or I think both, I don't know, don't look closely being the uncaring westerner I am). The amusing thing was the first time I got the new lid, it was Pisces, which is my star sign - what are the odds? Right, 1 in 12, and confirmation bias says I remember that time rather than the many other times I've gotten Capricorn, Aquarius and Sagittarius ;)

Also, I am glad someone agrees with me about the lid machine! I mentioned it to J-san (what I call Jason, because he is the epitome of all that is Asian and I'm rambling again), and he was like "no, it shakes it up too". BUT I LOOKED AT THEM MAKING IT - WATCHED THEM LIKE THE HAWK I AM - AND THEY USED A DIFFERENT, *SMALLER* MACHINE TO SHAKE IT.

So I was right.

[/writing a paragraph solely to boast that she was right about something completely unrelated to anything]