Click boxes for great justice! (with edits)

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That is <i>so cool.</i>

Also, who are these people who like the new zafara, so mine can look at them with a dead-eyed yet faintly angry gaze.
Image Image
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Would there be any chance of adding up all the results to find the stats for a generic pet (I hope that makes sense)?. Because it looks like on the whole people prefer new version pets, and that just amazes me 8)

And muchos thank you's. I don't know why I'm so interested in stats...
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

You mean, add them all up to give a statistic something like "Overall, 55% of people prefer customised pets"? Might be doable (I know how to do it, I just need to work out a better way than adding up all the columns because that's going to be slow), so I'll have a look tomorrow.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I think I did it right, for the current stats at least. I didn't know what to do with the tied pets so I just left them out. I got:

49% prefer New
51% prefer Old
Image Image Image
Zap

Post by Zap »

Wow, I didn't realize I liked so many of the pets in the new style -- in their basic colors, anyway.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I liked quite a like, or was indifferent to, quite a lot of the new species. In blue at least. The reasons people are angry at this is because of the lack of redraws and single pose, but the basic art isn't bad. That's what I've though with this though, they improved a lot of the basic coloured pets in exchange for no redraws which doesn't seem like a fair deal.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Should we have a separate topic for discussion of the results? It seems a bit off topic to discuss what we think of the revamped pets on site suggestions.
Neopets wishlists: here
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Basic colors didn't come off so bad, overall. It's really the redraws that were punished-- and on a site like neocolours, I would say a great deal of us have/had redraw pets. Thus the large amount of bitching about revamps. Myself included in that, now! I am not pointing fingers. :P

I do think a lot of the pet art was outdated, a few pets were significantly improved in their basic forms. I was happy to see that in most cases my opinions were greatly corroborated. Most of my "main" pets were grandfathered, so I feel overall quite lucky, but I do NOT like the Hissi's wings redone as arms and as time goes on it's beginning to bother me more, not less. I liked the old one so much better. It's at least comforting to know that others do feel the same!

And I also love the new draik, so much so I have been mulling the idea of converting my faerie draik. However there aren't any clothes yet that I want her to wear, and it will be kind of neat if I stay on this site another seven years to have the old-style pets still. I imagine as time goes on it will be rarer and rarer to see.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I voted for each species as though I were voting for that pet in grey or robot or darigan, not blue. Because the pose shown in blue is also the pose now for grey, robot, darigan, etc, so I voted on the way I felt about those colors for that species now.

Also, any pet with its fist/fin/paw stuck up in the air is an automatic 1 - I will never stop loathing that part.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

The point was sort of to vote just on blue :) I'm going to see if there's a sensible way to vote on other pets later on.