Angelic Terracoon and Angelic Kerubi

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Angelic Terracoon and Angelic Kerubi

Post by shaelyn76 »

Here they are:

Image Image

I like them! But the Kerubi's front paws look injured the way they are held. that and the tail doesn't seem to actually attach anywhere on the hind of the Kerubi either. It looks like a mass of fur laying next to it. The Terracoon is actually cute enough to make me consider getting one at some point. My only complaint is that I wish its halo were a bit higher above its head as it looks like it is attached to its curls as is.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

Injured? Hm, I guess it's all in your perspective. I see it as a cute begging dog pose, similar to how the old otter had its paws.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Dammit, Rah, I don't have room for more pets! Even when I have five more spots, those are all already taken and I don't have room for that terracoon. Or that kerubi. *flails*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The terracoon looks LOADS better - very, very cute. I rather like it.

The kerubi is nice, but not nice enough for me to even contemplate getting - its face looks rather off and I'm not sure why. Still a HUGE improvement over the last one (which I thought was rubbish), so that's nice. Good job on these, Rah, assuming you did both xD
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I tend to forget what the old Terracoon looked like, so that means it was probably forgettable. This, however makes me want to get one, maybe. I just can't see myself or my mum allowing me to spend $260 to get 5 more pets. Bleh, sadness.

I don't like the Kerubi as much, but I still really like it. I remember the old one was coloured lineart with a squished looking face. But this one looks so innocent and like Luxe said, begging which makes me want to give it a cookie.

*hands Rah candy*

I think there are certain other Angelic pets which need updating soon, maybe if I show them here Luxe will be shocked at them and whip her artists. :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Fever

Post by Fever »

I really adore the Kerubi! And Im not a kerubi fan in general but something about this one is really tempting me to get one. I think its the eyes. The terracoon is also loads better :) Kudos to Rah, did she do both?
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

Sadly, I despise most angelic pets because they are all the work of the same artist. I just wasn't too keen on her style. ;x
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I didn't like them before and I don't like them now. Honestly, I don't remember what they looked like before, so I suppose they're better now? *shrugs*

The torrent needs to be a flying fish, without feathery wings.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I like them. They look very much like the old versions in attitude and pose, but they've been updated and are much cuter. Great work. :)
tallan

Post by tallan »

They're both cute. The Terracoon very much so. Not anything I'd want, as I'm only interested in Angelic when it's something more than angelic, but they're not bad.
I second shaelyn on the Kerubis' tail, though. Where does that thing attach? Looks to me like it's growing out of the middle of the back, which is just weird.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I'm actually surprised by how few angelic pets I like. You'd think a potion that expensive would have some art that really stands out. I think the Terracoon is pretty cute, but I guess I'm not a huge fan of this colour in general.
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

*Sobs*

Why was my Varia re-vamped?!

My angelic kerubi was the ONE pet I joined subeta for... and now she's gone. Seriously though, the art was beautiful for that pet - and it had such an amazing attitude and pose that is just completely not there anymore. I really loved the colors of the old angelic kerubi as well - the soft purples and very understated blue/lilacs were what made that pet special - now it just looks like a common kerubi with wings. I'm really upset with the face - it does't hold that same coy little grin with the almost sultry-looking eyes. Even the ears aren't flattened back in that 'Is being a Diva such a bad thing?' attitude.

I'm so very, very dissapointed. I'm sorry Rah, but I was devastated with the darkmatter re-vamp, and this one just kills a little piece of me inside. Varia was quite possibly my favourite pet out of my bunch, and now I'm wondering if I should potion her into something else or pound her. :(

The Terracoon looks nice though. At least the pose and personality/attitude on this pet stayed the same.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Anyone have the old images for comparison purposes?
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

I have the old Kerubi:

New:

Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Old

ImageImage
New

For comparison - hadn't cleared my cache, heh.

I dunno - the new terracoon is nice, but I miss the feel of the old one. I think it's the shape of the eyes. The tail's a bit funny as well.

I like the kerubi, but its tail shading just looks too smooth - plastic almost. And the tail's not quite fluffy enough. But neither of these two make a huge impression on me.

For the "old pets" page - could we have the old versions of the redraws up there too? It's just that I've always wanted to see them.