Possible Malticorn Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Obaba wrote:P.S. Or you could just put wings on it. =P
No. I hope that was a joke because Subeta doesn't need another pet with wings thrown on it to make it k00l!

Wings may look good on a part Unicorn pet, but there a so many pointless wings on pets (Tutani, Torrey, Feli etc.) that wings are just over done in my opinion.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

well, if it had wings...wouldn't that make it a Pegasus instead of a Unicorn? I agree on the no more wings thing and I also agree that it is nice and heartening to know that the artists do listen to the users and try to make reasonable changes to their redraws. I'm sure with a few tweaks that the Malticorn will be beautiful!
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

adi_gallia wrote:
Obaba wrote:P.S. Or you could just put wings on it. =P
No. I hope that was a joke because Subeta doesn't need another pet with wings thrown on it to make it k00l!

Wings may look good on a part Unicorn pet, but there a so many pointless wings on pets (Tutani, Torrey, Feli etc.) that wings are just over done in my opinion.
d00d, the Tutani has BUTTWINGS. Buttwings are win.

...*hides*
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Well..buttwings are good, I have a Tutani in fact. I still stand by my statement that they are pointless though. The only possible use for them would be to try and act like fins in the water or something.

I suppose my problem is that some artists may be like "Hmm..that looks too much like a (insert real animal here). How do I make it more like a fantasy creature? I know! ADD WINGS!"
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I too hope that was a joke. The amount of useless wings added to Subeta pets (and i'm sorry, the Tutani's wings are stupid) is rather disgusting. The last thing it needs are more pets that shouldn't have wings to.. have wings.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

On a tangent, Shaelyn, I think the correct term for a winged unicorn is called an Alicorn? Alicorns can also refer to the horn. Or a Unipeg, but that sounds pretty dumb.

And, to be more on-topic, I like wings. I wouldn't mind if everything had wings, I lieks them.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jag

Post by Jag »

Hahaha, there's no way I'm adding wings to the Malticorn. XD So don't worry about that part.

About the Tutani... the pet itself was a suggestion of a friend who was once staff. The wings are meant to be there, and not because I "couldn't find anything better to make it original", honest XD Although I do agree it's pretty plain (I wish I could add stuff on it o3o), I didn't want to make it TOO busy, because then Hydrus would've looked... quite like the common.

And. I like to believe the Feli's wings are magical. And that they can somehow lift that big kitty body. Somehow.
jessibean wrote:I too hope that was a joke. The amount of useless wings added to Subeta pets (and i'm sorry, the Tutani's wings are stupid) is rather disgusting.
And that was plainly rude, just because of the choice of words. Disgusting? Nah. Pointless, useless, to one point, maybe ugly, but certainly not "disgusting". :/
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

"Disgusting," while a very charged term, is entirely personal, so you can't tell someone that they do not, in fact, find something disgusting. I find bare feet disgusting. I <i>do.</i> They are maybe ugly. Yes. And they also make me feel like my gorge is rising and I have to turn away. Because, to me, they <i>are</i> disgusting.

It wouldn't be polite, of course, for me to walk up to someone and say, "stop wearing sandals, you are disgusting me." But if I were talking in a general sense about, say, a sandal convention, I would surely use the term "disgusting."
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Jag wrote:
jessibean wrote:I too hope that was a joke. The amount of useless wings added to Subeta pets (and i'm sorry, the Tutani's wings are stupid) is rather disgusting.
And that was plainly rude, just because of the choice of words. Disgusting? Nah. Pointless, useless, to one point, maybe ugly, but certainly not "disgusting". :/
Um... Wow, okay. I'm not going to start a debate here, because this is hardly the place for it, but... frankly, I can say I think a pet is disgusting if I want to O_o We say the graveyard pets look disgusting all the time, and of course, then its a compliment. But what difference does it make?

"Disturbing" is the word I meant to use, but either way - who cares? I think its disgusting that so many pets on Subeta have incredibly pointless wings and think several would look better without them.

...so what?
Obaba

Post by Obaba »

I was kidding! The Angelic has wings already. So you have a choice with or sans wings.