Subeta Neocolours User Items Gallery

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.

Would you be interested in a Neocolours Gallery on Subeta?

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes: 80

Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Sounds excellent. I must say I'm very attracted to the idea of the gallery being in a pet treasure - especially a new pet; it would really give a feel of accomplishment if we all chipped in to paint it Spectrum and get Keepsake Boxes. Whatever way we do it, I'd love to be a part. =D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Oh I LIKE the idea of the pet "Neocolours" having our treasures! X-D Spectrum Ghostly, heehee!

I wonder if Huggles would be willing. But I won't blame her one bit if not.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

The plus side of the keep sake boxes is that if sending them is a requirement for admittance, we don't have to worry as much about newbies to the forum sending things. 150k isn't a lot on Subeta, but still enough that it is less likely to be a casual thing.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Blah blah blah Huggles blah blah.

I don't mind if you want to use Neocolours treasure chest instead. She's got about 44 treasure slots already, so I wouldn't need many if any more. It might be a while before I do her lookup beyond listing what belongs to whom, unless I wait a little bit longer than I intended to take requests. I'd only repaint her if the revamp turns out fugly. Then she'd be a spectrum pherret or dillema.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

I'd be happy to do a lookup if people want to go with the treasure.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I, too, would be happy to do a lookup if for some reason Foghawk can't and Huggles doesn't feel like doing it, etc. :3
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

And I would be happy if someone else would compile the list so all I'd have to do is dump stuff in her treasure.
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

I think this is an awesome idea and I know what item I'd be sending: Image

cheap, but certainly me.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Huggles wrote:And I would be happy if someone else would compile the list so all I'd have to do is dump stuff in her treasure.
I wouldn't mind writing/editing the list of users and what items they have in the treasures, I can do that easily, frozen or not =) So.. if you want I'll do the list, and you can handle the treasure chests items ect; ^^ It sounds like fun, and I want to do something Neocolours related on Subeta.

If everyone is alright with this, Huggles are you OK with using Neocolours treasures? and are you lot OK with me handling the List? ^_^ (excited)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

No, I am very uncomfortable with it. You're on probation here, and you're frozen on Subeta. It would be better handled by someone who didn't meet both of those conditions.

(Incidentally, it's "etc."--it's short for et cetera.)
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I definitely agree with Ty on this point. We already appear to have quite enough volunteers to handle things.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

If there is anything I can do to help smooth the process, please let me know. I know I am newer around here than most of you guys, but I swear that I can make lists and such like an old time pro. :wink: Seriously though...I would be happy to help out in any way i can to make this project work as I think it is great.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Personally I don't mind who does the list, so long as we actually have a list at the end of it.

Let's just say shaelyn does the list for this example. Shaelyn would set up some kind of blank Gallery or Shop with the list to go in, I think. Huggles would then link to this shop from the petlookup of Neocolours.

Who should we then send the items to? Do we send them to shaelyn, so she knows who they are from and then let her forward them to Huggles? Personally, I think it that seems to be the best way to go about it unless someone can come up with a better idea.

Oh and we should gift wrap them so shaelyn doesn't have to find out who is who. In the message it should say something like "This is my item for the Neocolours Gallery, I am adi_gallia on Neocolours". That way the list will be easier to update and it would save the task of trying to figure out if AdiGallia on Subeta = adi_gallia on Neocolours, of course some of us here have usernames on Subeta which would be harder to match up.

What will we do about Magical Keepsake Boxes? Huggles appears to have almost enough slots. But how would we go about making some users paying and others not? Should we all send one anyway to make up for the slots Huggles already paid for?

Anyway, shaelyn was just an example, the list person might end up being Fjorab or someone else, they'll just have to work it out between eachother. The only reason I'm sticking my nose in again is because I would like this to actually end up going ahead and everything but the list dude seems to be set, minus a few questions.
covet

Post by covet »

Why wouldn't Huggles just put the list on the pet's lookup? Having a lookup that links to a gallery rather defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

And I'd say that people can just post here or pm their subeta username along with what items they've sent, rather than giftwrapping, as giftwrapping notes vanish the moment you go to another screen and it's probably better to have a more solid record of who sent what somewhere. It would save the list writer a lot of irritating item forwarding, too.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Hmmm...I would have to agree with covet. If we PM the "list maker" here with our NC name, Subeta name and the item we send in it should be relatively easy to make a spreadsheet listing everything. Once the spreadsheet is complete then the list maker can send that on to Huggles to be copied and pasted into the actual pet description so it will show on the same screen as the actual treasures. As for the Magical Keepsake Boxes, it would only be fair if each of us either sent Huggles sP vouchers for 150k or actually bought a new one. I'm sure not all of the treasure spots were created by using Magical Keepsake Boxes (some were most likely REs or just originals), but that is the only way I can think of that it would be fair to all users. Either that, or we see how many people actually turn stuff in for this and if there are already enough spots then we ask Huggles how much she feels she needs to be reimbursed for and work something out then.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image