Pet Pics! [very image heavy!]

Non-neopets general discussion.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Pet Pics! [very image heavy!]

Post by Cranberry »

Ever since 19-year-old Patch had a stroke and I had to get her put down, I've been wanting a new kitten (I hate being catless). I was waiting until I found the perfect one, though, and now I have. Here are pics from the humane society:

They're calling her Billie, but I'll probably name her Lily instead. She gets spayed on Wednesday, and then I bring her home Friday morning. I'm excited!

I'm pretty sure she's the top one there, the sleeping one. It's neat that all of her siblings (that's another girl on the left, and then two boys) and their mom are orange tigers.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Adorable kittens Cranberry! Have fun with the kittens, I don't like kittens :P I have three fosters right now from work (I work at a humane society) and they are darn right evil! Their only redeeming quality is that kittens are as cute as a button even when they are ripping holes in your blinds.

My kitty Echo had to get surgery about two weeks ago to remove a (thankfully non life threatening) tumor from his neck and rear. He decided he really didn't like stitches in his neck though so he tore them all out. One trip to the vet later and he comes out with a highly fashionable sweater so he couldn't tear them out again.
Poor boy. He LOATHED this thing.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Haha, aww! That's really cute, though.

And I'm not a huge kitten fan, either! They're adorable, but yeah, hyper, and they wreck your stuff. I wanted to get a kitten instead of an adult cat, though, because I thought it would be easier to get her used to Crystal and get them to play (Crystal loves cats and is sad that my brother's fat cat Allin won't chase her around).

Speaking of Crystal... here is a pic of her with my brother's pit bull, Jade (Subeta Drama members might have seen this already):

Crystal's full coat is coming in nicely.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I've gained new pets since I last posted here, as I have a tendancy to do.
I can't remember who I had and who I didn't last time I posted, but all my rats are here in some form or other:

http://raffins.livejournal.com/

I now have Giblet (my mum is a chef so food names are par for the course here) and Ace, two young hairless rat boys who were taken off a woman who was......how do I say it nicely? Batshit insane. She claimed they were biters and was going to drop them off at the local RSPCA to be euthanised. Fortunately, a rescuer closer to her got to them first and they came to me.
Ace: http://www.shadowrat.com/rats/endapril1.jpg
Giblet (being reassured by Lenny): http://www.shadowrat.com/rats/endapril20.jpg

Ramsay, who was found dumped in the woods in his cage. He was terrified of people when he arrived, wouldn't let you touch him. I called him Ramsay after Gordon Ramsay because he still has a tendancy to scream blue murder at people, but in reality, he's a real softy. He's also a bit of food snob and is really picky about what he'll eat.
Being welcomed into the group by Jigsaw: http://www.shadowrat.com/rats/april24.jpg

Karni Mata and Queen Bee. They're two girls I picked up from someone who 'couldn't look after them anymore', something about having depression and kids so the rats took a back seat. They both had mammary lumps when they arrived, which I had removed.They've both recovered well and there is no sign of regrowth yet, though Im not assuming for a second it isn't a possibility.
Karni at the top, Queenie at the bottom:
http://www.shadowrat.com/rats/newgirls01.jpg

And finally, Hamilton. Hes.....not really a rat, but he was up for adoption as 'very aggressive', and I had a spare cage *shrug* He hasn't bitten me once since I've had him, but he will happily take chunks out of people he doesn't know. No-one else handles him but me as a result. Hes my first hammy. I love him, but JESUS he's thick. Makes you appreciate how smart rats actually are. Thank god hes cute.
http://www.shadowrat.com/rats/ham44.jpg
http://www.shadowrat.com/rats/ham42.jpg
EofS

Post by EofS »

Absolutely adorable! He's gorgeous. And I dunno that the dumbness is entirely a species trait - our first hamster escaped one weekend whilst we were away, and whilst he did sample bedding, cuddly toys and a pencil for food, he also gnawed a 2 inch round hole in the carpet exactly where the door met the door frame. And even the opening side, not the hinge side. We left the hole there for years and years, refusing to have it filled. Even now you can clearly see where it was.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hamsters have long been known as the Houdinis of the pet world. I've had and known quite a few--of course, this is anecdotal--and they were all morons, really freakin' stupid, but they could all escape at the drop of a pin. I always figured their brains consisted of "Eat Food" and "Escape Cage." The best thing about having boy hamsters was that they would escape merely to fall asleep somewhere handy, because they were so lazy. ^_^;
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I've also gotten a new rat addition since I last posted my rat clan here, and Ziggy's post reminded me of it :D Since Ty's the only person who's seen her anyway, it's time for an introduction:

Everyone, meet Creme Brulee - typing it with the accents is too much work, but you get the idea! I call her Brulee for short; Lindsey calls her anything but Creme Brulee, because she hates the name xD. She's a young fawn hoodie.

Brulee is a rat that was bought from a pet store (not the one I work at) to provide the family with a bunch of baby rats, then quickly abandoned (along with all of her babies - they 'didn't know she'd have so many!'. Bah). The babies all found wonderful homes as pairs or trios, but poor Brulee had lice and a cold and who knows what else. After she was all cleaned up, Lindsey and I just couldn't resist her anymore ;_; So now she's here with us! Currently in quarantine, but I'll have to post some pics of all the rats once she's with them - you guys can see how big they've gotten xD
EofS

Post by EofS »

AngharadTy wrote:Hamsters have long been known as the Houdinis of the pet world. I've had and known quite a few--of course, this is anecdotal--and they were all morons, really freakin' stupid, but they could all escape at the drop of a pin.
He escaped because the cage wasn't closed properly ;0) I was meaning the part where he only tried to burrow out of the room at exactly the right spot *grin*
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I still consider that escaping! *grins*
Image Image
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Compared to rats, hamsters are absolutely thick as shit. Seriously. I actually never thought of rats as being as amazingly intelligent as people say, until I got Hamilton and realised how low the bar on other small animals was set. If all you'd ever had was a hamster, a rat would be amazingly bright in comparison; Compared to them, rats are geniuses. Doesn't mean I don't love hamsters, I do, but I would never call them intelligent. They're good at what they do, like reptiles are good at what they're designed for, but still not actually intelligent.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

OMG Ziggy!!!!

And to make this post legit:

Turbo (or possibly Rook) in the back and Foss in the food bowl.
Image Image Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I ended up taking both Billie (now Lily) and her sister Fynne from the humane society. They're settling in great! I bought them this cat tree, and they love it.

Lily:

Fynne:

And both kittens (Fynne's in the house and Lily's outside):

They are the most adorable little things. Lily loves to be held and will purr and purr the second you touch her. Fynne likes to be patted (and will also purr), but would much rather tear around the house and scratch whatever she can find (so far today: Curtains, the couch, the armchair, a violin case and the rug).
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Cranberry wrote:I ended up taking both Billie (now Lily) and her sister Fynne from the humane society. They're settling in great! I bought them this cat tree, and they love it.

Lily:

D'aaaaw, monorail cat in training!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Cranberry, I seriously need your camera. And that tree house is spiffy! My cats would love that heh. I need to upload the pictures of my foster kittens to share with you all. They are cute as all get out even if my older cats loathe them.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

My camera's actually a piece of crap 4.1-megapixel Sony Cybershot (I often accidentally type Cybershit, which is apt), and it only takes decent pictures in natural light -- if I hold VERY still. I need to get a better one soon!

As you can see, Lily and Fynne (who have now lived here for five days) are absolutely terrified of Crystal.

Lily especially.