New AAA Challenge

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Teragram

Re: New AAA Challenge

Post by Teragram »

Huh. Actually, that was great advice. I was like, fine, I'll do the first level until I get a hole-in-one. And then I got one on my first try. So, I'm done with that. And I can hopefully never, ever, ever play that game again in my life.

Hey, I got a robotic golf club! So I can smash into tiny little bits, and grind the tiny bits into the ground.
varii

Post by varii »

I am quite horrible at Usul Suspects. I read the required score as 300 and spent way too long trying to get my score up, couldn't even break 200. Then my mom (who was playing across the table) was like, 'You must be really bad, I could score 100 pts while watching TV.' Then I felt pretty stupid.

I had actually never sent a score for the new version of Tug O War, but dang that game is an easy 1k.
rei @ neopets
Fury

Post by Fury »

I don't see the problem with Tyrannian Mini Golf?

Make sure you select 'All 18 holes', the beginner putter and the dung ball. I got to 300 without completing all the holes, and I got a few bogeys and double bogeys too. You should be able to reach 300 easily. :D
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

My GOD I hate Tyrannian Mini Golf. I managed to get it the second time 'round by re-starting until I got a hole in one on the first hole, and even then I only scraped by with 340 points.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Yeah I got it the second time with a hole in one on the first and I quit the SECOND I had 300 points. Blech that game is unfun.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Well, on day 2 they already came up with a decent challenge (Tyrannian Mini Golf).
I hope TNT is not saving an uber difficult task for the last that we will only have a few hours to complete. *shivers*

On a GOOD note I must praise the trophy system of this event.
Knowing from start how trophies look and have them updated as soon as you complete enough tasks is very cool.
I hope it will become a standard at least on non-plot events.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Darigan wrote: On a GOOD note I must praise the trophy system of this event.
Knowing from start how trophies look and have them updated as soon as you complete enough tasks is very cool.
I hope it will become a standard at least on non-plot events.
It actually used to be standard :) You'd get your trophy for plots/wars/etc at the start, and the more points you got your trophy would automatically update to reflect that. I really miss that about the plots, heh. I believe the Maraquan Plot was the last to do this but it could have been the plot before that.

It took me over an hour to get the stupid Tyrannian Mini golf one. If you ask me, it should have been switched and had the Wingoball need 300 and Golf need 50. Cause really, getting 50 points in Golf isn't an easy feat either :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Madge

Post by Madge »

But... you can get 180 points in golf without actually sinking a single ball, because with 18 holes, you get 10 points for each of them, even if you use your maximum of ten hits per hole. I used the dung ball and the person called "perfect putter", if that matters. Of course, 180 < 300, but as has been said previously, you just need a couple of good holes.

In other news, I love this challenge - for starters, it's when I've got free time, you can do the challenges the next day, and there seems to be a difficulty curve - the first day was really easy, but today's was a bit harder, and when the new one is released in an hour it'll probably be harder still.

Are the prizes uniques (except, y'know, for the cheeseburger), or are they just items that I've never seen before?

----

TODAY'S CHALLENGES

http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=659 Score 100 points

Score 400 in Jelly Blobs of Doom - http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=359
Score 300 in Bouncy Supreme - http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=532
Score 250 in Attack of the Gummy Dice - http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=685

Score 400 in Faerie Bubbles - http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=358

And try typing petpet, or 'the', or 'snow' into the search bar.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Again, the highest of the triple game challenge scores is proving, well... challenging. I'm sure it isn't beyond me, though. A couple of useful cheats for jelly blobs of doom: typing rainbownegg and fishnegg will bring up said neggs which will get you extra points- you have a limited time to go and eat them, though- five seconds, I think. Do it at the beginning and then if you fail you can restart without losing a lot of points.

I don't find bouncy supreme easy, though some people do- if you don't then bouncebouncebounce is a useful cheat, it gets you an extra life.
Neopets wishlists: here
Madge

Post by Madge »

I did jelly blobs with no cheats, ha, the secret is to stay still, and to only go for blobs you know you can eat. Really, staying still and in the middle is the best advice I can give you guys.

Bouncy supreme kicked my arse, but I did it eventually thanks in no small part to my extra life.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Haha, I spent ages without reaching 400 on Jelly Blobs of Doom and then got over 800 in the end. I never want to play it again. :x
EofS

Post by EofS »

Ooh, I love the search term one. What a clever idea. It also took me a second to get the "this challenge doesn't exist" -> jelly games *grin*

That said, I'm horrible at Bouncy Supreme, so that'll be a fun one to get. I see my high score is 370, I'll bet that was for the last AAA.

(Also, the jelly games don't show up in the list of eligible games. Heehee.)
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Gawd I hate sponsor games.

I can't seem to breach 55 points in "The Water Horse:" either I keep hitting stuff (and some of these obstacles seem unavoidable... or maybe I'm mistaking scenery for obstacles...) or I run out of time. Any advice?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Whose brilliant fucking idea was it to make the game SO DARK, that you cant tell wtf is an obstacle or foreground object. Im not watching this movie.

Edit: Lol, public bitching FTW. I think eating the fish makes you faster, actually..I made it to the end of the first level, and up to the 8th, with no problem after eating them.
Last edited by Goldenchaos on 22 Nov 2007 06:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
Teragram

Post by Teragram »

Um, are you eating the fish? For a while I thought I was supposed to avoid the fish, but I think eating them gives you points, as well as sometimes eating one makes you faster, so that might help. And the scenery is totally confusing, some of it is bad and some of it isn't, so yeah.