New AAA Challenge

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Ailiel

New AAA Challenge

Post by Ailiel »

New gamesmaster challenge went up today! http://www.neopets.com/games/gmc/index.phtml

From the looks of it we will get new ones every day though I'm not sure on that. Today you have to send a score in a flash game, send a flash game invitation, send a score of 350 in korbats lab, send score unknown in game unknown, and then there are two scores we have to send for unknown petpet related games. I will begin trolling the neoboards to find out if the unknowns are known.
EofS

Re: New AAA Challenge

Post by EofS »

The unknown is Meerca Chase, 150 is the score.

Petpetpets are Itchy Invasion (125) and Cooty Wars (150) - or very possibly the other way round.

Oh and it's not a flash challenge card (ie, after you send a score) you have you challenge an actual Neopets user. Badly worded.

The prizes aren't worth it thus far, but I liked the one for challenging someone.

I'm happy to see this back, and I like the new format, but at the same time I think another week would have been a better idea. Surely lots of people are stuck doing family stuff for Thanksgiving? Or in my case, just happen to be busy/away this weekend ;0)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

The prizes are fantastic! I'm currently treasuring the cheeseburger I won.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I played Meerca Chase 5 times today, so, I'm at 4/5
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Thanks for the heads-up, I forget to check the News before I went to bed, I might have missed it.

At least we get a trophy for doing this?
Kari

Post by Kari »

If only I didn't come home early from school, I would've gotten 5/5 games for today. Anyway, I'm happy to see the challenge back, gives me more of an incentive to play games for my money.
derp
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Jazzy wrote:The prizes are fantastic! I'm currently treasuring the cheeseburger I won.
My sarcasmeter almost exploded with this one. :P

Well, they needed a slow start to help people who abhores games to at least get the trophy.
I expect the tasks to get harder throughout the week, and the prize for completing all 35 will be worthy it.
Either this or the tasks and prizes will be all lame and it will all be just an excuse for us to have another trophy on our hp while TNT takes the time to do some real plot/event. :wink:
Teragram

Post by Teragram »

I love the AAA stuff. It made me hang out on neo for the first time in months. I'm competitive, it makes me play games I otherwise wouldn't, and I love clicking the little presents and getting something random, even if it isn't so great.

Also, dude, when did the five-play-a-day thing start? And why did no one tell me?? :P
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

We get to play five times per day for Neo's birthday week, which started on the 15th. I always like this time of year. :)

Edit: For day two, get a score of 200 in Edna's Shadow, 300 in Tyrannian Mini Golf, 200 in Wingoball and 50 in Tug 'O' War. All Gamesmaster games are linked here. :)
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

What the... so I missed out because I live in a different time zone? Really, not fair. Not fair at all. It wasn't announced in the news until after I went to bed, so I missed out on a day's prizes. It's a good idea to have another one, but for fuck's sake, don't set it live and stop the people who aren't awake at midnight GMT and afterwards from doing the first day's challenges.

What were the items I missed out on so I can grab them cheaply?

RRRRRARGH! I scored 299 in Tyrannian Mini Golf. RARRRR. Daisy not happy >:|

EDIT: okay, so apparently I can complete yesterday's challenges and still get the prizes for them. Fair enough- I was thinking it was like last time there was an AAA challenge and we had to do certain things on certain days.
Neopets wishlists: here
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Today's secret game challenge is Edna's Shadow with a score of 200.

The sport games are:
Tyrannian Mini Golf at 300 points
Wingoball at 200 points
Tug 'O' War at 50 points

I like that they're giving people whose schedule may not allow for daily play a chance to get everything this time around =D.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I've got everything except the sport one - Tyrannian Mini Golf is what's holding me up. Highest so far is 270 but damn it, I hate that game. I might try again later but I'd happily forfeit the trophy/whatever end of challenge prize if they give one as long as it meant I never had to go near it again.

Also, that is one scarily long list of qualifying games.
Teragram

Post by Teragram »

Totally! I HATE tyrannian mini golf, and i want to strangle it. I'm at 255 now...it's so slow, I don't know how to do better. *stabbity* Pretty much they give me ten 'points for trying' on every level and beyond that, i'm screwed.

Anyone have any tips?
Kari

Post by Kari »

I was lucky and got a hole-in-one on the first hole, which was 75 points plus my 25 point time bonus. That helped a TON, since I have no concept of golf angles and power.
derp
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Same as Kari.

Try to get the three first holes as quickly as possible, they're the only easy one, along with...I think it's #10 or #11 who is quite simple.