New AAA Challenge

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Ailiel

Re: New AAA Challenge

Post by Ailiel »

Yeah I went and gave it to Faerie Bubbles because I've loved that game since it first came out and play it often. I did think about all the tens they will be getting for games that are not so great, but whatever, it's not like it really makes a difference. Although it did make me think about submitting bug reports for games, I've never actually bothered to do so but there is this snow wars II bug that bothers me.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

1. Send a score on seventy-five different qualifying Flash games. (Decorated Fruit Basket)
2. Choose three qualifying Flash games from your Favourite Games list and send in scores! (Outdoor Hoop Game)
3. Get a score of 125 in Shenkuu Warrior. (Split Lenny MP)
4. Score 1000 in Sutek's Tomb (Suteks Riches Scratchcard)
5. Score 650 in Whack-A-Staff-Member, 400 in Whack-A-Kass, 1000 in Destruct-O-Match II, 150 in Whack-A-Ghost
and 150 in Ugga Smash. (Tomato Smasher, Cymbal Bashing Mynci Toy)

Whack-a-Ghost gave me a little trouble, but it's much easier if you rotate your keyboard when the controls change. You have time to do that before each level starts, and the controls guide on the right tells you which way to turn it.

The only one I had real trouble with this time was Shenkuu Warrior, but I eventually got the hang of it. The controls are very odd. You have to think of the bottom compass as representing the character... so if the character is immediately below a cliff and you want her to shoot upwards and grab it, you have to click overtop the compass itself, not overtop your character. It was very hard for me to get the hang of that.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Yes, the Shenkuu Warrior game & the Whack a Ghost REALLY gave me trouble, but I eventually got the hang of the warrior game. I rotated the keyboard like Cranberry said and it worked like a charm. :)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I practiced myself at Whack-a-Ghost earlier this week, so this one shouldn't be an issue.

Out of all the games, Shenkuu Warrior is my least fav. My high score is a whooping 114 points, and I loathe TNT to decide to put them on the last day.

EDIT: Fuck you very much, Shenkuu Warrior

158 points. Let me mention I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. EVER. AGAIN.

Tes Meilleurs Scores

Absolu: 312
Novembre: 312

Whack a Ghost. So, really, I think I can re-do a 150 score.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Damn. Today's challenges include a LOT of games I'd already played for the "send x scores" bit because I thought they were less likely to come up as challenges. Mrrrr.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I'm stuck on 34 challenges. I just hate whack a kass, my highest ever was 412, but now I can't get past 300something. I sit here, staring at a little flag that keeps giving me negative numbers.... grrr.

I did manage to beat attack of the revenge because of the canon advice, so thanks for that!

PS E for the send challenges I just open 10 games in different tabs and then play each till the moment I got some points (1 is enough) and hit send score . It doesn't get you much NP but it goes much faster than finishing each game at your best.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

For whack-a-kass, just wait until the wind speed is 9 (deliberately swing and miss if the speed's too low; it beats waiting), then hit the kass with the tip of your bat (you'll catch onto the timing). Hold down the mouse button (or spacebar, whichever you use) as it flies up, and as it starts to descend, let go of the button. Click the button again each time it bounces (ideally you want to click and hold as it goes up on each bounce and let go as it goes down, but the game moves so fast that just clicking on each bounce usually works okay). You need to unlock the bat level to get decent scores.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I expected the last day to be a bit more challenging, but as I have very limited online time (my computer has been in repair shop for around 2 weeks now) I'm not complaining. It seams they decided to go for everyone-can-do-it approach this time around.
Split Lenny MP was a very pleasant surprise though :) It was a fun week neopets wise!
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yay, I finished them all. I was happy Whack a Kass was on there, as that is one of my favorite games. Highest score is over 1000, so I got the required score easily enough.

Shenkuu warrior though is beyond evil. It took me less time then Jelly Blobs of Doom to beat, but it was more fustrating. Only saving grace is that once you beat level one, if you fall again you are still on level two and you keep the score you got from the first level.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Woooo made it! Thanks Cranberry, I knew how to do it, I just had a hard time doing it, but I got a lucky shot, so I'm happy.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

zebru wrote:I expected the last day to be a bit more challenging, but as I have very limited online time (my computer has been in repair shop for around 2 weeks now) I'm not complaining. It seams they decided to go for everyone-can-do-it approach this time around.
Split Lenny MP was a very pleasant surprise though :) It was a fun week neopets wise!
Er... they expect us to score *1000 points* in Sutek's Tomb and you're calling it everyone-can-do-it? I beg to differ....

God I hate this game. My all-time-high is apparently 1500 so I must have beaten 1000 at least once, but that presumably involved a lot of freak luck.

Is there some sort of secret that I'm missing? I know about the time code and the pyramibread code (which takes so much time to type I'm not sure it's that helpful).
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I kinda agree with the easy thing. I couldnt beat most of AAA's scores last year, but I beat every challenge this year.

For Sutek's tomb, make sure to play it on hard, as it gets you more points. I never bothered with typing in the codes as like you said, they take forever to type. Try and get combos if you can as they rack up more points and also add more time. Not sure how helpful that is, but good luck!
And if you really really just suck at it and have oddles of free time, you can play it on zen mode and get one point per match....
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Seerow wrote:I kinda agree with the easy thing. I couldnt beat most of AAA's scores last year, but I beat every challenge this year.

For Sutek's tomb, make sure to play it on hard, as it gets you more points. I never bothered with typing in the codes as like you said, they take forever to type. Try and get combos if you can as they rack up more points and also add more time. Not sure how helpful that is, but good luck!
And if you really really just suck at it and have oddles of free time, you can play it on zen mode and get one point per match....
Well, without the codes I generally top out at around 400 points in hard mode. Maybe 500 if I'm lucky.

Unfortunately I don't have oodles of free time. Also, I gather that in zen mode it resets the score to 0 when it re-shuffles, so I'd be surprised if it's possible to get 1000 points in that mode anyway.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

*groan* My highest score in Whack-A-Ghost is 84; I can't turn my keyboard because I'm on a laptop.

ETA: Ah, wait, spoke too soon. I think I've got the hang of it.... Also those treasure chests are a lifesaver.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Officer 1BDI wrote:*groan* My highest score in Whack-A-Ghost is 84; I can't turn my keyboard because I'm on a laptop.

ETA: Ah, wait, spoke too soon. I think I've got the hang of it.... Also those treasure chests are a lifesaver.
Mine was 69 and I too am on a laptop. Basically, get as many points as you can whilst the laptop's the right way round. Hopefully you'll get the 150 you need on the first level which requires rotating the laptop - you can just about manage to see the screen and also have the keys at a half sensible angle. But it is pretty damn hard because of the staggered keys.

Towards the end of the 75 scores I started sending insanely low scores - my policy all along had been playing until I got bored, and after filling in 30 scores today "bored" was coming quite quickly. Kinda glad to have it over, but at the same time I did really enjoy it. And it's given me at least 34k from game scores which I otherwise wouldn't have made, even before any profit I might make from the items.