Forum upgraded to phpBB 3.0.0

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Forum upgraded to phpBB 3.0.0

Post by Jazzy »

Finally, a stable version of phpBB3! As a result of the upgrade, the forum header and footer aren't quite displaying correctly and the display of things next to posts is distinctly wonky; I'll fix those tomorrow, but I'm going to bed now. If there are any other glitches, please post here.
Aqua

Re: Forum upgraded to phpBB 3.0.0

Post by Aqua »

Is the "display of things next to post" meaning the box that av/name/etc are in? Since it's super wide for me right now. *pokes it*
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

When did this update happen, precisely? Because I was on just a few minutes ago and the user info most certainly wasn't on the right side of the screen...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

NC was only down for a little bit. Dunno exactly how long: no time sense, hee. But either you went away for the duration, or you loaded from cache briefly. (That happens to me on occasion in Firefox, but not IE, except for my main forum link, which is "new posts.")

And I'm pretty sure that the stuff-being-on-the-right is exactly what Jazzy means she'll be fixing tomorrow, no worries.
Image Image
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

Sig font sizes are a bit bigger than they used to be, also, but you prolly knew that, Jazzy.

I like the new quote box.

Also, and this is a big one: 0 new messages! Hallelujah!
EofS

Post by EofS »

Enriana wrote:Also, and this is a big one: 0 new messages! Hallelujah!
Omg. Marry me Jazzy? I've only had the stuck messages a couple of weeks and they've driven me insane enough in that time - I really feel for people who had them from the start. (On the other hand, clearly they are more popular than me, wah!)

If anyone's haven't cleared yet, just click to view your inbox. That flushed it out for me.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Is it me, or did this just now crop up too...?

The border for forum sections is divided dark gray and blue. Er, what for? Hm. I also just now noticed the very subtle different colors as the "table background" for the different forum sections as well.

It was also odd that while it was loading once, the "bold" colors all looked bright blue just long enough to notice it and then turned to how I see it now. It was definitely different, wish I could have caught it in my memory in that flash moment to describe it accurately.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Enriana wrote:I like the new quote box.
Y'know, I'm not keen on them. There's an opening quotation mark, but no ending one. I feel off-balance every time I read a quote.
Image Image
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Ack, Ty- now you've pointed that out, I won't stop seeing it. It's possible to adblock the background, though, which is what I just did... but now I've lost the quote button (all I can see is the report button). It might, however, have been missing before but I just wasn't looking for it.

I wondered at first if having avatars on the right was deliberate. It's very odd and it makes me think we should be writing in Arabic or similar.
Neopets wishlists: here
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yes, I know about the quote box; I'd edited the style before to take out the opening quote. I was sort of surprised phpBB did that, given how bad it would be if they left a quotation mark unclosed in their coding.

Actually, avatars on the right is the default, and I had to do a fair bit of tinkering before in order to force them to go to the left. I'll be putting them back to the left later, yes.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Jazzy wrote:Actually, avatars on the right is the default, and I had to do a fair bit of tinkering before in order to force them to go to the left. I'll be putting them back to the left later, yes.
Perhaps PHPBB hope to encourage us to read all forum posts without preconceived bias based on who wrote them, then get a pleasant surprise at the end ;0)

Also, it interests me that they're obviously still coding for 800x600, although elsewhere the page stretches to fill whatever resolution. Funny.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm fairly sure they're actually coding for 1024x768 (have a look at the official forums - the roughly 800x600 was a mistake caused by a conflict between the stylesheet and the layout of the html), whereas this layout ought to stretch at bigger resolutions if I've done it right.

Tell me if anything's displaying strangely? I think I've fixed everything bar the quote box, which now only has a closing quote going the wrong way, but that's intentional to remind me.

edit: quote box should be fixed.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I just noticed that post counts are displaying now. Is it possible to hide those again?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Done. For what it's worth, they've been displaying for the last three months, but I did always intend to get rid of them again, so :)
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Heh, well, apparently I'm very unobservant. Thanks :)