New feature requests?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: New feature requests?

Post by Jazzy »

I think I can't, because it's a fairly substantial change to the way in which the page works - I don't know how to make it redirect on to the page you were looking at two pages before, but only if there was one, and only if the page had directed you to a login page in the first place.
Madge

Post by Madge »

The page that redirects you has a link on it saying "return to previous page", which returns to the page I think it should redirect you to, so that might be a place you can grab the location from?

Anyhow doing the "logout" thing has made it stop asking me to log in so it won't be a huge issue for me anymore, but still, it might be handy.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

Thanks for the new posts link! Life is good.
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

The new post link really is amazing. I don't think I'll be using much else now. Thanks for all the work Jazzy!
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I haven't read the thread, so pardon me if this was already suggested.

I think we could do well with a good spoiler bbcode. You know, the code that hides the "spoiler" content until the user clicks on it. You could use it to hide, of course, spoilers ... and you can also use it to hide some images if you're posting a lot at once (like if you're posting new avatar wearables in the Subeta subforum, which can get out of hand sometimes.)
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Yeah, we use that at IDB (example thread here), and it's great.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Done.
Spoiler: open/close
Here's some spoiler text.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Unless I'm missing something (which I do frequently) right now there's no way to get to the page to run an Advanced Search on the forum without running a quick search using the little search box first. I don't know about anyone else but when I run searches I almost always need to use the Advanced Search (because I want to contrain the forums the search is running on or whatnot)?

Is there a way to put a link to the Advanced Search in the forum header thingy so that we don't have to run a basic search first? (Assuming there isn't a way to do this already that haven't noticed, of course.)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Done. I've had to take out the email/print buttons to make room, but I doubt anyone will greatly miss them.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Awesome. Thank you!
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

I have a Subeta suggestion: Make the pet images onsite link to their colors and vice versa. For example, right now, if I search for all Bloodred pets and then click on the Bloodred Cadogre, it takes me to a page that shows only the Bloodred Cadogre, which I find a little silly as there are no other poses or anything to display. Wouldn't it make more sense if, when I click on the Bloodred Cadogre, it would take me to the Cadogres page? Just a little thing but I think it'd be worth it.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I agree with Foghawk - I think that'd be a great idea, since like (..she? ;__; I've forgotten since WW XD) said, it's not like there's other poses to see and what not.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Done. For future reference, though, please don't refer to things as "just a little change", because while they might well look like little changes, they aren't always that little to implement, especially given that this very much isn't holiday time for me anymore as it was when I created this topic. I'd done it deliberately as I had in the first place because that was the easy way round. Also, if they're only "little" changes, it makes me wonder if they are worth doing for enough people, which is why I waited for a reply before doing it.

If I've broken anything, let me know.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Jazzy, don't worry, I would never assume that -anything- you do is just a little change! XD I can only imagine how long it takes something that seems little to -us- to do for you.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Eep! I didn't mean that it would be little to implement; I meant that it would appear little to us (and therefore might not really be worth doing) - just what you said, really. I guess I should explain myself better. ^^;; But thank you for doing it anyway.

(yes I am of the female persuasion.)