Fill the pet db: 30 missing old ones pg5, new pets pg7

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Fill the pet db: 30 missing old ones pg5, new pets pg7

Post by Jazzy »

Since people have asked for this, I have set up a system in which you can enter the URLs for post-customisation pets. Currently, I am only looking for clothed pets. I will move on to unclothed pets once I know how well this system works. The images we will be using are the 150x150px ones available on people's userlookups.

The important thing is the format. Say I want to enter my female Orange Bruce's URL, it looks like this:
and the URL is http://pets.neopets.com/cp/3n7twl8s/1/2.png
All pets start with http://pets.neopets.com/cp/, so to save space, I don't need that. Then, the /1/ refers to the happy pose (2 sad, 3 angry, 4 ill, 5 faceless), and the 2.png refers to the fact that it's a lookup pose (as opposed to 1.png, which is the small picture for the Neoboards).

So, to enter my female orange bruce, I would only submit 3n7twl8s into the form, and that will automatically in future let me display all the expressions for it. Does that make sense? To enter my female Royalboy Zafara instead (yes, they have the eyelashes) I would submit xjtbt7hr.

For all pets, the link to enter a Customisation code is available from viewing an entire species or colour (it is not available if you view an individual pet). For example, if you go to this page:
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php?colour=rainbow&species=all&pose=happy
you can see that each pet has a link to submit a male or female version. Once one has been submitted, the link disappears - you can see there is no link to submit a male rainbow lenny, for example.

If you put in the wrong Customisation code for a pet, please post here so I can fix it. There is a check in place to ensure all codes are 8 characters long, but the system can't check to see whether those 8 characters are accurate. If you have a pet which doesn't have an 8-char code, please post here as well, since the system won't allow those through.

Any questions go here, too. Currently, you can't see the images which have been submitted; I will display them once there are enough for it to be worth it. On the submission page, you can see how far we've got - as of writing, we have about 3960 images left to find. (I suspect the final number is lower, since unreleased pets are in the db but won't be available through Customisation, which is why the page says it's an estimate).
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Re: Call for help: post-customisation URLs

Post by zebru »

Just a question - where do we submit codes for pets released after April? I wanted to submit my halloween poogle along the other pets but couldn't find where.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

Oops- I was going through my pets and submitted my Desert Cybunny, who did NOT have a headdress on or in her closet after customization. (I looked, I was angry, I sent a note a week or two ago complaining about how she wanted her hat back, when I noticed that Jellyneo showed that the item was on the servers.) I went in to take an item off of one of my other pets, and suddenly ... there's the headdress in my closet! o_O

So the post-customization female Desert Cybunny should be zffl6nhw , not whatever I submitted. Many apologies!

Now if only they'll put the cape back on the Halloween Cybunny...
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Idiot question of the century: Where do we submit pets? I don't have many but figured I may see if I can help. But I couldn't find a link to go to submit mine.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

zebru wrote:Just a question - where do we submit codes for pets released after April? I wanted to submit my halloween poogle along the other pets but couldn't find where.
I'm not sure that Jazzy's coded that up yet, because the post-April pets are using a different system and aren't part of the main database of pets. You're right, though, that the pets all need to be submitted again because the images used for the news (which are where the images are from in that list) aren't all the same format or expression.

Seerow, to submit a URL you need to go to http://www.neocolours.me.uk/petcolours.php and choose either the species or the colour, then find the pet and click on the link for male or female as applicable. I think if you choose both colour and species then there's no link on the pages in that format.

I think I'm right in saying that there's no way to view the submitted images yet, apart from the confirmation page right after you submit. I submitted for my male Christmas draik, then because I have the lab ray on that account I labbed him to female and submitted that image. However, I think the two urls might have been the same... but I don't know now, and I don't know if that's correct or not.
Neopets wishlists: here
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Just a note: if you have an unconverted pet, you can still get the URL for it by clicking on the link in quickref to
"learn more" (it won't actually convert it unless you click the button on that page, so... don't.)

Edit: Also, I may have submitted the wrong url for the male spotted meerca - I forgot to copy it so I pasted in the one for the orange grundo. I hit the back button and submitted the right one, but I don't know whether it overwrites it in the database or what. The correct url is roh327hw.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Just a question - where do we submit codes for pets released after April? I wanted to submit my halloween poogle along the other pets but couldn't find where.
You don't just yet. Basically, the old pets and the new pets are stored separately and always will be (saves headaches). When this is available it will be via a similar system, but accessible via the page which shows all the post-customisation pets. I'm going to leave it for a few days, in order to get this established first.

Auri - thank you, fixed :)

Seerow - sorry about that, in order to stop my example URL truncating I had to turn off clickable URLs in my first post, so the submit link's not so clear. For anyone else still looking, this is it:
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... =&pose=all
and choose a colour or species from there. Should work via any pose; the thing you submit is the same.

Daisy - the female one was the same, so I deleted it assuming that the first one you submitted was probably correct and this one wasn't. I looked it up and it appears that the lookup version hasn't updated, though the Flash one has - the lookup one has the male lack of eyelashes. (you labbed your Christmas Draik??)

Ooga - the one in there's correct.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Ah, no- my bad. I fought the lab scientist instead. But the lookup images don't seem to update properly, and I can't work out how to force them to update. I have a feeling that in the process of fishing up images I may have put in a female for a male, possibly the red flotsam- because firefox had seen the code before when I put it in the box, only I was stupid and didn't realise that was a problem until I'd submitted.

Having separate genders is a real pain in the arse.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

What I plan to do is when there are enough images, I'm going to make them available on a page, and if all female pets of a species are displayed together it ought to be fairly obvious if one's male since they all use the same eye template. Similarly, once all pets of the same colour or species are displayed together, it'll be easy to see which ones are wrong (because some will be, I've no doubt about it). Right now, I'm not so bothered about possible mistakes, as long as it remains a low percentage of the total - they'll be easier to fix later.

(Known mistakes on the other hand, I'd still prefer to be told, because they'll have to be fixed at some point and now is as good a time as any.)
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I was wondering, can we submit pets that we don't own? For example if we search random names for pets that are on inactive accounts and aren't wearing anything, or would you rather we used our own pets?
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Well, I've been doing that, Adi and Jazzy knows and hasn't objected. I've just finished off all the blue pets using a method Cranberry suggested, which is really good: search Google for

Code: Select all

"the blue usul" male site:neopets.com
(changing colour, species and gender as necessary)

Of course, you turn up some pets which are in the Pound, or wearing the wrong clothes etc. but usually there's one uncustomised one in there. Finding some of the opposite gender royal pets will be very difficult, though.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Ok. :) I was hoping to help out a bit more, I only have four pets and one is a Zombie Usul and can't be added yet.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

As long as you're certain that the pet is fully clothed, with no extra accessories and none missing, I don't mind whether you own the pet or not :) I suspect at some point we're going to have to try the Neoboards to fill in the gaps.
Feathercircle

Post by Feathercircle »

daisybell wrote:Ah, no- my bad. I fought the lab scientist instead. But the lookup images don't seem to update properly, and I can't work out how to force them to update.
I had the exact same problem, but after a few minutes of fooling around, I seem to have found a method that works.

Step 1: Go into the Customization menu and add or remove any accessory. Save your changes.
Step 2: Undo whatever change you just made and save again. The image on your profile should be properly updated now.

Saving any changes at all should force the profile to update itself, but it still takes two steps since the system won't let you submit it if you don't actually change anything.
ImageImage
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I accidentally entered the wrong code for green male tonu, it should be replaced with stm2vvmq (ctrl+c failed me so I pasted the code of the pet I already entered before that). Also the code entered under female orange usul needs to be deleted (it lacks accessories) - I failed to find a female one with a bow and earbands anywhere.

That's my cue to take a break - I've been doing just this for a couple of hours, and both these mistakes snook in during the last 5 minutes.
Last edited by zebru on 17 Jan 2008 03:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta