The Return of Dr. Sloth (Plot)

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Goldenchaos

Re: The Return of Dr. Sloth (Plot)

Post by Goldenchaos »

Im confused with that control rod part. Currently Im putting the numbers together so I can multiply them..
Image Image
ImageImage
Kari

Post by Kari »

I wouldn't mind a group of NCers somehow pulling together ^^ Though I'm still figuring out the part where you place the singularities on that grid.
derp
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I'm not sure if it's been posted, but I found this link very useful for working out the gravity stage, if you have Excel it should be easy.

So far I've done everything except the Dissolving Test. I can't say I've gotten through a whole process of going to the rooms in one stage. I've done a few of the heat testings but then people leave and stuff so I quit. Then there are times where I've entered late into the game and helped them finish. It's just really difficult to find a bunch of users who can do all 3.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Do you have to do all 3, one after the other, to qualify? If so... bollocks. It's difficult enough to find 3 other users who know what they're doing.

For an easy-to-use calculator for the dissolving test, head on over to http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=sloth&id=day07 at JellyNeo!

EDIT: I really don't get the whole Excel thing. D: If anyone can explain it to an Excel-illiterate, I shall love you forever.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I'd like to have a go at the testing with other people, though I might really fail at it. I'd rather fail at it with you guys than with random people who might shout at me, though. Everyone has to do it for the first time, after all.

This would be an ideal time for the IRC chat room... however, we could still use it. If you have an IRC program then you want to direct it to irc://irc.blitzed.org/neocolours and the channel is #neocolours.

If you don't have an IRC program, go to http://cgiirc.blitzed.org/ and pick a username, and put #neocolours in the channel. I'll hang out in there for a couple of hours and hopefully we can find enough people to have a go at the testing.

Suttle- the Excel instructions on http://www.neopets.com/~Grimlex are simpler than on Inedyn's page, but they're not quite correct on Grimlex. I'll try to keep the instructions really simple. Start a new worksheet and click on cell C1. Paste into it the code below:

Code: Select all

=(A1^2-B1^2+400^2)/800
Now click cell D1 and paste in

=ABS(A1^2-C1^2)
And then click cell E1 and paste in

=SQRT(D1)
That's all prepared for when you need to put the figures in.

EDIT: I forgot to say- the figures you need for the co-ordinates will be in cells C1 and E1- you can ignore the one in D1 as that's part of the working out. You need to enter the numbers from the co-ordinate 0,0 into A1 and from 400,0 into B1, and then press enter or click on an empty cell.
Last edited by daisybell on 06 Mar 2008 08:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets wishlists: here
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Finally, got a control rod. Wow, that's a pain the butt. And, I've found a few singularities. No one seems to know how to do the acid and I haven't tried the group activity yet.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Thank you so much Daisy, that's much easier to understand. =)

EDIT: It appears JellyNeo have now created a very simple, easy to use calculator for those who don't have Excel/can't be arsed with it! Go here to use it:

http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=sloth&id=day07
moonsyne

Post by moonsyne »

Jellyneo's calculators is very handy, but I have yet to find a group that has other people using them. Is this just 'busy work' like the graveyard digging, or is there an ending to it?
Image Image
Bif

Post by Bif »

ok, everyone else seems to understand everything so much better than I do. So I have some questions:

Can you do tests more than once? - does that give you more points?

Everytime I tick the 'Pick a station randomly for me' box it takes me to the gravity testing room - where I have no idea what to do, or why there is a counter that counts down twice, or the red/green lock. What am I supposed to do?

And how can I get into a different room, like the heat one everyone is talking about.

:( Help, I don't understand how everyone knows how this is working and how do we have to work together?:S I feel dumb.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

You can do tests as many times as you want to, and presumably it will give you more points if you do more of them. You do have to wait for a while (180 seconds, usually) after some tests before you can do the same one again if you're successful, and also sometimes if you fail there's a time out period.

There are three stages to the token testing part, and each has three rounds. In the first two parts- moving rods and acid making- you have to do each round successfully three times. In the gravitic testing part it's a bit different- there are three rounds and in each you have to place a singularity. But the first two rounds, you don't need to calculate where they go, you just put them at 0,0 and 400,0 and it's only the third singularity whose place you have to calculate. Most people are using Excel for that calculation, but other spreadsheet programs or programmable calculators work too. For a guide to all of those parts, try http://www.neopets.com/~Grimlex

Once one of the three sections is completed, if people leave then anyone new joining will join at the start of the next section- so if you're joining at the acid or singularity parts, then the rods part has already been done by some other people and won't need doing again for that station.

Personally, I find working with other people rather frustrating and slow, and it's very time consuming as well. The individual tests are easier if you don't want to spend a long time doing them. The heat rods aren't too hard to calculate, and there's a guide at http://www.neopets.com/~Nikitachi and a calculator and list of the constants on Jellyneo: http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=sl ... ay07_tests

The dissolving test is still not solved yet- some of the elements have a known constant but not others- read the Neoboards.

Gathering singularities is completely random, it seems, and is just a case of lots of clicking- which everyone can do.
Neopets wishlists: here
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

If anyone wants to form a group to work on this with, my e-mail address is jamie321@gmail.com. I'll be very glad to find some competent workers to work with.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

luckily i've been able to coordinate with some of my neofriends and get through a couple group testings successfully from start to finish. i think we maybe did 3-4 from start to finish.

the rod one is by far the worst for me since i can do that by sight 99% of the time, but still mess up occasionally. also, i think if the flashing white part wasn't so blnding, it would be a big improvement. it just gets really hard for me to do after five or six tries if i or someone else keeps messing up.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

So... apparently the token has been found, but they're still letting people do testing. And as far as I can surmise, no one still knows how to do the acid dissolving tests. :/
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

They have done some of the dissolving ones correctly.

http://www.neopets.com/~SchwoazzaToifl
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Oh, cool. I was following JellyNeo's guide so I hadn't seen that yet. Thanks.