Pruning, February 28th (edit:done!)

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Pruning, February 28th (edit:done!)

Post by Jazzy »

On February 28th at approximately 4pm GMT (8am NST), I will be carrying out the following prunes:
- Prune all of Aesthetics before April 2007
- Prune all of Subeta before February 2007
- Prune all of New Features before August 2006
- Prune all of Miscellaneous before August 2006

This means that you have a week from now until I permanently delete all topics older than that in those forums. If you want to save anything at all (ie, by saving the webpage, copying into Word, or bumping the topic), do it now, because I will not respond to requests to retrieve things after that without a very, very good reason.

There is a possibility this will actually take place on the afternoon of February 29th instead, but don't count on that. If you ask me to retrieve posts because you thought you had til the 29th, tough; I'm not going to do it. It's a difficult, time-consuming process, and I will only do it for people with genuine reasons. Don't ask the mods, either - they won't be able to do it because they have no access to backups.

I will be leaving this thread unlocked, but please only post here if you have a very good reason as to why the pruning should be delayed or not take place on a certain forum, or you are experiencing problems with a thread you'd like to save. (Nostalgia, unfortunately, doesn't count as a reason - I'm not exactly happy to be deleting all these posts myself, but it has to be done in order for us to stay under the database size limit.)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Pruning, February 28th (edit:done!)

Post by Jazzy »

Posting again to say I've now carried out the prune - before I did it, the database was 119.7mb, and after the prune, it's now just 95.7mb :) This means we're a lot further from the limit of 150mb, so hopefully I won't have to keep deleting threads so often in order to keep us under the limit. I have a backup of the forum, so if anything really strange has happened, let me know. I'm aware some of the prunes haven't actually gone back as far as they ought to (in Aesthetics, for example) but I can't see why, and repeating them doesn't help, so I'm just going to leave those topics.