Daily Dare 2008

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Goldenchaos

Re: Daily Dare 2008

Post by Goldenchaos »

Man, that was hard. But I did it. The trick is to NOT get ANY gems on your first life. Just go through it , dodging and the like, till you reach at leas 700 points. Seeing as how the max gems you can collect are 470-500. They increase the difficulty, so its best to get as many normal points as you can before you go for the bonus ones.
Image Image
ImageImage
Kari

Post by Kari »

Abi's good enough for me today, but that's out of laziness. This game takes sooo long to get high scores.
Spoiler: open/close
She gives a wearable anyway, Stylish Volcano Run II Shoes
Last edited by Kari on 08 Mar 2008 05:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
derp
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Damn, I need the AAA prize, since it looks the same to the one that was given last year. :( And, they both look very pretty.
Fury

Post by Fury »

YES! Ultimate Bullseye! I got the avatar not long ago, so I beat AAA with a score of 106.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Goldenchaos wrote:Man, that was hard. But I did it. The trick is to NOT get ANY gems on your first life. Just go through it , dodging and the like, till you reach at leas 700 points. Seeing as how the max gems you can collect are 470-500. They increase the difficulty, so its best to get as many normal points as you can before you go for the bonus ones.
thanks for that tip. by doing that and also playing on full screen, i was able to improve my score to 1160. still not in aaa range, but it's good to know that i can still do ok in what was once one of my favorite games.

i think i should be able to beat aaa today without any problems. and it's yet again a remake of one of my favorite games (even though i never got the avatar until the new version was released).
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I got 97 on AAA, which would have frustrated me if I didn't have the avatar already.

However, it was more than enough to beat him
Feathercircle

Post by Feathercircle »

Guh. My all time record score on Ultimate Bullseye is 3 points.

There goes my chance at Uberiffic.... and possibly even at Spifftastic. :(
ImageImage
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Feather, keep trying! D: don't give up!
Image Image
ImageImage
Kari

Post by Kari »

It's really a lot of luck. I went with not aiming, but having power as the only variable. I was lucky and got a bullseye on my last shot, and then hitting the apple on the punchbag to get me 91 points. Hitting a balloon and then the target really, really helps.
derp
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

And this is probably already common knowledge here, but just in case: typing "catapult" before you launch your first arrow gives you an extra power up.

I haven't played this game since they first revamped it; it didn't take me long to realize how much I suddenly sucked at it. I'm not looking forward to trying to beat AAA, but damn it, I'll try.

ETA: Gah! The lag on this game is killing me.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 07 Mar 2008 09:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Since my interest in Neopets had plummeted, I never got the chance to properly play UB2. Being... extremely bored, I thought I'd give it a go, and after reading a little advice, managed the avatar third time around, the second getting 94 and beating AAA. I found not aiming to work wonderfully, except if I was firing at a balloon, sometimes.

I participated in the MJB challenge, too, but couldn't really be bothered after that.
Subeta: Thomas
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

YES! Ring of Fire bonus + balloon + near-bullseye hit gave me 64 points! :D I ended up missing the avatar by 2 points, but I got AAA's prize!

(And oddly enough, I actually aim for the bullseye. 80% of the time, it's futile, but if I don't bother aiming then I almost never hit the board.)
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I used to be quite reasonable at the old Ultimate Bullseye so I thought this would be a breeze - but it appears it's the first time I've played the new one. And I'm... not very good at it.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Bif

Post by Bif »

Well I played multiple times trying to get close to AAA's score - my closest was 40ish(on my third try) because of a few lucky balloons that turned up - and I couldn't get past that. :(

Oh well, it's not the first time that I had to go for Abby, I just wished that I have improved whilst playing is all.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Tips for Meerca Chase: Type in 'superextrahypergravitymode' on the main screen and play in that mode. Wait until a high-point negg appears and just go for it - I got a power negg after about 20 restarts and beat AAA instantly. Just be patient!

AAA prize:

Meerca Negg

Abigail prize:

Negg Candy Bracelet (Wearable)