Lasirus possible revamp! - Revamp now complete

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Re: Lasirus possible revamp!

Post by shaelyn76 »

It looks snarky again! I like that. It has an evil gleam in its eye that was missing in the first revamp. I also prefer the darker stripes to the lighter ones and adding them to the back gives better continuity. I was never a real fan of the Lasirus, but I really like this newest version. If I ever got more pet slots I would seriously consider this as an option now and that never would have happened with the older one.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Goldenchaos wrote:The only thing that bugs me is the extra finger at the elbow..looks odd there.
That's the thumb, and it's attached to the bat's "hand", not it's elbow:

I still like this revamp, although I too preferred the old expression. The new mouth line is almost too wiggly.

Edit: Ooooh, now I see what you were looking at. Yeah, that is definitely odd and not anatomically right. :? But anatomical arguments never win on Subeta.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I really don't like the new mouth, so much that I no longer intend on getting a Lasirus when the revamp goes through, but apart from that it's good, the darker stripes look much better, as do the darker tips on the ears.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Edit: Ooooh, now I see what you were looking at. Yeah, that is definitely odd and not anatomically right. :? But anatomical arguments never win on Subeta.
Yeah, but...it shows up in fictional art all of the time. Especially in dragons. Looking at my Dungeons and Dragons Dragon Species poster, I can name three (Bronze, Green, and Copper) dragons that have a wing-spine coming off of the elbow. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere else, too...

It's not like having a leg that looks like it can never exist, it seems more of a stylisic thing. If we were going along that route, I could say that the lack of wing-webbing between the feet and the tail is distressing.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

A lack of a feature is not evolutionarily impossible; doing charts, you often have to classify a feature as "absent." Creating an entire extra joint where it shouldn't exist? Much, much harder to accept. And I really don't take the "but others have done it" argument as convincing, when it comes to anatomy issues. Too many biology classes in my background. ^_~
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I also like everything but the new mouth. Not so much that I wouldn't get one, but the smirk cuts into the cheek too much. It really stands out as cartoonish on an otherwise more semi-realistic revamp.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I was looking through the revamped images, and erm, found a few of them rather hideous with their accents. The cream one is, in my opinion, killed by the obnoxious blue. I am also not a fan of the dusk, dawn and field's colour schemes.

ImageImageImageImage
Subeta: Thomas
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I agree with you on all of those, Tom. Field is particularly ugly out of those for me - the fact that every other color seems to use its main color for the wings but field uses the accent color makes it particularly ugly.

I am also not fond of Arid...

Which I think has way, way too much of the pinky-red on it. I liked it better when accent colors were for uh, accents. Not a major part of the pet's color.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I seem to be in the minority, I love nearly all the colors. Only one I'm not terribly fond of is Arid, as Jessi is right, has too much pink. I really really like the gold though, enough to paint Samuel that color. The eyes look really really pretty with the gold.

I can't wait to see what Nestly does with some of the redraw colors.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Lasirus possible revamp! - Revamp now complete

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Arid's actually my favorite of the bunch ^_^'. I thought Nestly used the purple/pink accents in just the right places... but then, I'm just really fond of that particular shade of purple. I agree that the other mentioned colors could be better, though. Arid, Common, and Marsh are really the only three default pose colors I like.

I'm really eager to see the redraws, too, especially Bloodred and Nightmare.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

My favorite one has to be lilac. I like it when purple pets are purple and not green or clashy shades of blue. That, sun and gold are probably my favorites out of the bunch. Dusk would be better if the eyes were blue or purple. Dawn is disgustingly clashy. I wish they'd just change it to pink or make a new pink only color. There's no consistency with dawn and the orange and pale pink or whatever they pick is hideous. Cream is also funky in a bad way with that ruff. I know there's some sort of rigid pattern artists have to follow, but when it doesn't look good, they should be able to forgo it.

Anyway, I'm kind of hoping but doubtful that galactic will be redone with brighter gold accents.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I like the lasirus much better now. Such an approvement from the way it looked before. I can't wait to see how the redraws are going to come out.
As for the regular colours, I quiet like marsh, twilight, lilac and gold...which is a shock to me, I usually can't stand gold. The other colours are meh. Cream would of been nice without the random blue. I still don't get why the blue is there (though it does look nice on some pets). I usually love the arid colour. I don't know why but it's usually my favorite out of the regular colours. But I just don't like the arid on the lasirus. Like Jessi, I find there is to much of the pink on it.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I guess I'm the odd one out here. I think cream is gorgeous; I adore that shade of blue, and I think it has just the right amount. I really like lilac, gold, and dawn as well. Nuclear is nifty too; the personality of the pet, to me, really works with that color. It totally looks like something that clawed its way up out of the apocalypse. xD

So far I've really liked Nestly's pets and I'm very much wanting to see the redraw colors for this guy, once she gets around to fixing them. I'm especially anxious to see bloodred. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Huggles wrote:Anyway, I'm kind of hoping but doubtful that galactic will be redone with brighter gold accents.
Oooh. It's been redone. New on the left, old on the right. I approve. *pokes Moonkin*

Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

No longer tarantula-ish! That's a bonus. The gold seems too bright in some places, but I guess you can't please everyone all the time. ;P
Image Image