Possible Ruffie revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
sezrin

Possible Ruffie revamp

Post by sezrin »

Obviously anything would be an improvement on the current but I just don't like it. The raised paw looks wrong and the ears don't seem to line up right
Kari

Re: Possible Ruffie revamp

Post by Kari »

Yeah, the raised paw looks broken. I wouldn't know how to fix it, maybe turn the paw a bit? I also don't like that blue and brown together, it looks like someone dipped it in blueberry jelly. I think a darker brown would be nice.
derp
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Something about it doesn't look entirelly right somehow. I think it's the ears, they look a bit odd and the fact that they're a different colour fro mthe rest of the body really doesn't help matters. I wouldn't mind it so muuh if it was just the tip of the ears that were that blue colour, but the whole ear being blue iis very off-putting. That front paw isn't properly angled either, the poor thing looks as though it's about to drop off 0-o. It is a lot better than the pet we currently have, but since there are some issues regarding those ears and that paw I'm not too keen on it.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I don't really like the contrasting ears and eyebrows. I agree something about the raised paw looks a little off to me, too.

Other than that, it looks fine to me.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I think if the brown were switched to light blue, and if the paw were fixed, it'd be fine.

Other than that, I really don't care. I'll take just about anything over the current one, at this point.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

..just as long as the reborn isnt horrible maimed and cutesified.. <_<

Redlined it a bit..
Image Image
ImageImage
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

I don't like it very much, although it is an improvement. The colours just don't appeal to me. I think it'd be better if it were blue. The body could be a light shade of blue and the spots a darker blue. The feet look off, especially the raised one. I also think the eyebrow spots should be taken off. It makes the face look rather strange to me. I just hope the darkmatter ruffie isn't changed too much.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I think that this proposed revamp is a good look, but I think the redlining Goldenchaos did is essential if this is going to look right. I also agree with Fuzzy, thinking that the eyebrow spots should go. The colour scheme looks good though, I like that it's not just a blue puppy now.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Huh..I just noticed the eyebrow dots. Yea, they need to go. I wonder if a more pastel colour scheme would be fitting..though thatd be too cream..ish , probably
Image Image
ImageImage
checkers

Post by checkers »

The uplifted paw is obviously a flaw so I won't go into that. But what really is iritating me is that it looks like and old man/puppy to me, does it to anyone else? The overuse of spots and lots of them remind me of liverspots and them eyebrows are small and bushy like an old mans eyebrows. It just looks like it has an old mans features, Liverspots, Small Bushy Eyebrows. It's a nice revamp but maybe it could undergo another one and either cut the eyebrows out or make them longer, fix that paw and maybe not so many (liver)spots..

Basically,
Image Image
I think my edited one looks a lot younger and more puppy like.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I voted for it, just because it's not eye-hurty or crazy, and it's a whole lot better than the current one. But there are a few things that could be done differently, in my opinion.

My first "huh?" was the raised paw. Maybe we should see a little bit of the pads, but certainly not full-on view, maybe like the corner of the innermost pad. The hind leg could be shaded differently, like where the "hock/ankle" joint is, and tone down the curve of the upper leg. The massive bits of contrasting color REALLY change the look of this pet, and I don't like when pets are redone that dramatically. That's because the people who like *insert pet* liked the style or character and probably wouldn't want that to change so much.

After reading this, I too noticed the ears. They're HUGE. But more than that, they're very oddly-angled, especially the right (our left). The left (our right) ear has that piece "under" the highlit edge, and that's making me scratch my head a bit. What exactly is that supposed to be?

I liked seeing those eyebrow spots taken out, but I do like the way real dogs have little "eyebrows" - so maybe if they were smaller and a different shape they'd be OK. And taking out the shoulder spots helped cut down the "bold color clutter."
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

*boggles*

I hated Ruffies already, and this is definitely not an improvement. I don't understand how this is released as even a potential revamp.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

The eyebrow spots would look much better if they actually looked like they were where they should be.

Really, the entire point there was to post a picture of my puppy xD
varii

Post by varii »

Besides the paw issue, I think the coloring is really off. Like, it reminds me of a friar or a really bald dude. The ears are just really weird..like very flappy? Or there should be some under ear in there. The contrast between the eyes and the ears really bugs me.

This is just a really weird redraw.
rei @ neopets
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Hm. I like this better than the current ruffie, but that's not saying much. Like others have said, the raised paw is twisted too far and the eyebrow spots are a little too large and oddly-placed. I'm not fond of the color scheme, but since only common will have this scheme, I don't care about that too much.

The thing that amazes me about this and the feli revamp are that these are the two Subetapets that are based on VERY common animals (pets, even!). It is so easy to find a picture online of a cat lying down, or of a large or small dog with eyebrow spots, or a dog with its paw raised (awww... and awww again). We shouldn't even be able to criticize these problems, because they shouldn't exist.

(And yeah, I know that's easy for me to say, because I'm not an artist... but at least a couple of people look these over before they go up for polling, right? Someone should catch the bigger issues.)
Last edited by Cranberry on 10 Apr 2008 01:54 am, edited 1 time in total.