New pound with transferring feature going live Monday!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Larkspurlane

Re: New pound with transferring feature going live Monday!

Post by Larkspurlane »

Lemme get the implications of this straight:

-Say I own a desert and a royalgirl peophin.
-I put some of desert's clothes (tail rings) on the royal peo cuz they're pretty.
-I decide I want to move my desert to a side.
-new rule means my royalgirl peophin is now going to lose her Desert tail rings.
-this is extremely sucky because I paid for both pbs & why the hell can't I do what I want with the clothes without needing to think of repercussions if I decide to move a pet later? Possible loophole: paint the desert something else (red) and then transfer her = RG keeps the rings? But I lose a desert peophin in the process.

Do I have this right?

I'm guessing this was done to avoid people taking off clothes and trading pets stripped of their gear? :|
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Rah

Post by Rah »

Mmn, I think that's basically the gist of it Larkspur. And the annoyance of it! You can risk a pound transfer, or you can repaint your pet as far as the loopholes go I believe.

I was going to transfer a tyrannian aisha to my aisha account for the collar, and then transfer it back. But now it will take it's collar back with it, making the transfer pointless. So I might just pound I suppose.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I guess this'll make crosspainting a better option (paint royal OVER desert, keep the stuff and don't have to worry about transferring later).

Well I can't say I'm thrilled but at least it'll make trading safer -- people won't be getting robots without the casing or something.
Larkspurlane @ neo
EofS

Post by EofS »

Rah wrote:I was going to transfer a tyrannian aisha to my aisha account for the collar, and then transfer it back. But now it will take it's collar back with it, making the transfer pointless. So I might just pound I suppose.
You could transfer it, strip the collar, then pound. That way you'll still get to keep the collar. (If I'm reading it correctly - that you're now considering just pounding the pet, I assume it's a lab zap or something?)

I can see why they've done this but it doesn't half suck. Especially as in your example Larkspur, which I hadn't even thought of. Ouch.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

And just when I'd found the kindest person, who was going to let me have their desert Draik clothing. *stabs at Neo*

I'd paint it and get it myself, it's not that, it's that my Draik is ice, so there's no way for me to get back to the original, desired color.

I suppose I could look for a basic color Draik to borrow, paint it desert, strip it, repaint it whatever color it came as, and then send it home.

Yeah, that's not too complicated. For no damn good reason I can see. Especially when, as in Larkspur's example, you are trying to move around clothes from pets you personally paid to paint.

Gotta love Viacom Neo, they do keep bringing the wacky. >.<
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

So that's why there's a glitch with trading my own pets today.

As boring as most naked desert, royal, etc. pets look, this is not the answer. I think the answer is to leave them looking naked.
Image Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

EofS wrote:
Rah wrote:I was going to transfer a tyrannian aisha to my aisha account for the collar, and then transfer it back. But now it will take it's collar back with it, making the transfer pointless. So I might just pound I suppose.
You could transfer it, strip the collar, then pound. That way you'll still get to keep the collar. (If I'm reading it correctly - that you're now considering just pounding the pet, I assume it's a lab zap or something?)

I can see why they've done this but it doesn't half suck. Especially as in your example Larkspur, which I hadn't even thought of. Ouch.
Oh yes, that's what I meant :) That I'd strip the collar, and THEN pound xD I was going to offer the aisha up to someone from the pound boards or here, but if it means I can't keep the collar, then I'm going to be selfish about it!
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I don't remember... is there an actual pet trading system? One that is apart from pet transferring? Like where you specifically input "pet a for pet b" or something?

If so, can't they make it so pets who are getting *traded* are forced to take all clothing (so no one gets traded a nekkid pet & ripped off), while pets being moved using the transfer system can just move with what they're wearing?
Larkspurlane @ neo
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

There is in fact a trading system now, and it's quite useful! For the most part, heh. But I think that'd be a better idea, Larkspurlane.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Yeah, I don't see this as being a great thing, either. It sounds very inconvenient, and although I can see how it would help with trading, I still find the thought that they're limiting us highly annoying. But what could I expect? That's all they ever do. If a few people are beind dishonest, the way to deal with it is to punish everybody on the site. x.X

Actually, Rah, I wanted to talk to you about your tyrannian aisha. XD Would you prefer a PM here or a neomail?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I don't like this change, either. :-(

I guess the thing to do is to either paint or morph the pet before trading it back.
covet

Post by covet »

Wow. I know of at least one person who was trading all kinds of great pets for differently painted draiks, planning to strip the clothes for her own draik and then retrade. Now she'll have to paint them another colour first and they'll be worth less. It seems pointless and ridiculous to me.

I've always thought that pets losing their clothes in the pound was ridiculous, too. Plain bruces even losing their bows? It's killed zapping and pounding with a lot of species.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Its still all glitchy, I can't adopt my pet.
A friend had borrowed my battle pet to beat some challengers for avvies and such, and being an Elephante, she had clothes. I must have sent her out right before the change was made as I didn't have a problem then. For the past two or three days though he's been trying to send my pet back to me but couldn't. I sign on earlier to see the transfer event and run over to the pound to adopt her back and find it odd that she only cost 1np, but whatever. Click to accept the trade and I get a message saying an error occurred while processing the adoption. *Sigh*
I just want my pet back @@

What's the point of allowing safe transfers and trades if you are going to make it such a hassle for the users? Smooth move TNT, smooth move.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Madge

Post by Madge »

What happens if you pick the pet up from the pound in naked form, so you don't have clothes on the account? If you transfer it, do the clothes suddenly re-appear? O_o
covet

Post by covet »

Not sure Madge. I saw one account of the boards of someone transferring a robot pet they got from the pound (so it had no casings) to another account, where it showed up with new casings.

I've read far more accounts of pets losing their clothing altogether for no reason. It seems safe to say things are being ironed out and we won't know 'til later. I'd like to know what happens if you transfer your RG Peo naked, while your red peo is wearing all her things, for example. Id suspect their system can't strip clothes being worn by another pet.

But seriously, what is with this naked pound pets thing. If you're target zapping aishas you might end up with 20 basic collars in your wardrobe before you get what you want, and you can't even dispose of them. I basically hate the way neo's wardrobe system is set up and (un)organised.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris