Pirate & Plushie Ruki

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Pirate & Plushie Ruki

Post by varii »

ImageImage

I really like the plushie ruki. The colour scheme is nice and to me it actually looks plushie like, something a loto f plushie pets have been lacking since 2.0. Pirate is throwing me off a bit. The jacket and hat are really cute, but it doesn't seem to match the standard pirate theme. It's almost too fancy, like it could be the captain of an honest crew aboard a legal vessel, but lacks the attitude for a pirate ship.
rei @ neopets
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Re: Pirate & Plushie Ruki

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Pirate looks... kind of awfully princely-polite and civilised. Kind of like the old RoyalBoy Zaf to me. Seeing as I loved the old Royalboy Zaf, that's one good thing, but it doesn't really look *Pirate*. Just pretty. I'm divided on it. :| Part of me actually really wants one *because* it's so good-and-gallant looking.

I'm not as big a fan of the plushie... it actually has sort-of button eyes and all, but too many, too bright colours for me.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

The fact that plushie exists in 2.0 pisses me off. There's no point in one of the only original (and one of the best) colors being around anymore. The new plushies are "About face!", standing upright, making a fist/flipper/appendage. 2.0 plushies, don't look the least bit "Plushie", and seeing one reminds me of wishing I used my FFQ on a plushie Kacheek instead of a grey Peophin. I'm sorry, I couldn't help but bitch wildly about that. It's the one single color that will keep my mind refueled with anger, and stuck in the past about the revamp. (/rant)

Pirate on the other hand, is nice for a change. It does look like a 'civil' pirate, and it's certainly not cookie-cutter like 90% of the other pirates. IMO, neither is worth saving up for.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The only good thing about the Plushie Ruki is the fact it's clearly based on the TCG card of the same name, and I liked the concept on the TCG card.

If you wanted to see what it could have looked like in v 1.0, you could always search for it in the sidebar. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I agree with varii. The pirate looks nice. Too nice. My first thought was "gentleman"... which != pirate.

I like the eyes on plushie. But the color is totally lackluster these days. I used to see that there was a new plushie pet, and even if it wasn't that good, I felt that the site was richer. Reposes rocked. =(
Image Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Pirate looks more like Royal than anything, but it's still nice. I love the outfit.

I miss the days of being excited by new Plushie pets, too. :( It used to be one of the most unique and interesting colors in how different it made the pet look from its base colors, and now... heh, they might as well rename it to the "Random Colors and Patterns Paintbrush", haha. Still, this one's cute for a post-2.0 Plushie, anyway. I like the colors.
Veo

Post by Veo »

Pirate = Royal, and Plushie makes me sad. 2.0 for the loss. However, I like the "Royal" sceme. Kinda cute, really.

However, THIS . . .

I almost want a Ruki so I can dress it up like this and name it "Dr. Horrible." :mrgreen:
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I really like the Pirate clothes, but I agree that it doesn't look very pirate-ish. I find the colors on the plushie pet to be too garish and it's a complete turnoff to me; there's no way I'd pay the price of a plushie brush for something like that, especially in the standard 2.0 pose.
Razzbunny

Post by Razzbunny »

Mmm not to fond of either of these, but saying that, I am not a Ruki fan at all. Plushie pets are nothing special now, and yeah, Pirate looks more Royal. But I like the clothes, wouldn't be too upset if I got them from the lab. :)
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

The plushie has the eyes of a whore. I approve.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Veo wrote:Image

I almost want a Ruki so I can dress it up like this and name it "Dr. Horrible." :mrgreen:
PLEASE SOMEONE DO THAT.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I made a Ruki named DrWilliamHorrible....

(Don't expect me to get his clothes for another 6 months or so, though, at the rate I'm making NP. :P )

I really like how Pirate came out, but I agree that it doesn't look very "pirate-ish" and probably would have been better suited for Royal. I actually hate this plushie pet; maybe if the pose were different I would appreciate it more, but those colors don't work for me.

Post by 23639377 »

Hm I think the plushie is quite good since the revamp.
And I love the pirate! The clothes, and the base colour.
Not enough make me get one of them, though.
(Forum set is under construction)
betti666

Post by betti666 »

I actually really like the Pirate pets, pretty much all of them, but I still don't understand why they aren't giving more for them. A sword or even (perhaps not on this character but a more deckhand one) a mop and bucket :p or a telescope or something!

The brush costs so darn much it would be nice to have more than just clothes.

And plushie is, as it has been said, pretty much pointless in 2.0.
"They're not 'just pixels'. They're my[/] pixels!"