almost entirely useless, but...

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

Even though I don't like the pet at all, the maraquan gelert would look nice based on colour alone -- shades of purple for all three. (Yes, I know the flotsam is predominantly teal, but for some reason she always seems purple in my head.) But I was thinking maybe baby buzz. Or faerie pteri. One of those pets that everyone loves unconditionally.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Figment wrote:But I was thinking maybe baby buzz. Or faerie pteri. One of those pets that everyone loves unconditionally.
I think Faerie Pteri would look better next to the Royal Flotsam, due to the elegance of both of the pets.
Darigan Eyrie is elegant in a dark-way, so it all fits. In my head, anyway. =P

I love it, what a nifty 404. I think it really adds to NC's personality, too. Don't ask me to explain, I simply couldn't, but when I think of NC I think of a nice simplistic, but artsy, appearance, due to 'colours', y'know?
Told you I couldn't explain.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I think the Custard pet fits us rather brilliantly *pokes horse picture*. The dari Eyrie I took into acct because it was Sam's avatar, and always reminded me of him. The royal flotsam is pretty, and there is never enough flotsam love.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Illuen wrote:I think the Custard pet fits us rather brilliantly *pokes horse picture*. The dari Eyrie I took into acct because it was Sam's avatar, and always reminded me of him. The royal flotsam is pretty, and there is never enough flotsam love.
I thought that was the reason for the custard pet as well, because of what we say custard pets are really covered in and, well, all our other, erm, custard-like threads, and, yes, I thought that was the reason.

"Abandon your innocence, all ye who enter here", or some such. =D

EDIT: But if it's annoying to too many people here then I'd prefer the faerie Pteri instead. It would look lovely with the other two pets and I can't think of anyone here who doesn't like it.
Last edited by Kamil on 23 Feb 2006 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Deku

Post by Deku »

I think anything but a custard pet or pets with sexual connotations would be fine. There's a lot more to the forum than sex threads etc (well, to me, anyway), and I don't want us to just look like a forum full of perverts who do nothing but laugh at suggestive pets and stuff.

Faerie Pteri is a nice idea. I thought maybe the Rainbow Lenny, but IMHO, the 80x80 pic of the Rainbow Lenny looks really bad :P
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Nah, what about a Maraquan Grarrl? I read the thread for that one and it was praised as the "greatest redraw since the Mutant Draik" in that thread. You guys worshipped it! :D (I, on the other hand, wasn't around then)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Dude. People. It's a 404 page. Jazzy was kind enough to put it together; we don't need to bug her to change something that (hopefully) we won't be seeing much.
Image Image
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

AngharadTy wrote:Dude. People. It's a 404 page. Jazzy was kind enough to put it together; we don't need to bug her to change something that (hopefully) we won't be seeing much.
*worships Ty*
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

AngharadTy wrote:Dude. People. It's a 404 page. Jazzy was kind enough to put it together; we don't need to bug her to change something that (hopefully) we won't be seeing much.
On the other hand, given that it would literally take 10 seconds for someone to change it, no reason for people not to submit opinions. :shrug:
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Wingsrising wrote:
On the other hand, given that it would literally take 10 seconds for someone to change it, no reason for people not to submit opinions. :shrug:

Well, it would probably involve pulling up each error page (Unless she is using PHP?) and changing it. So... five, ten pages? Then, if I'm remembering the FTP system right, each would have to be reuploaded.

So it would take more like five minutes. Maybe 10 if your computer was running slowly or you decided to change something else.

:P

*is slapped*
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

thelonetiel wrote:
Wingsrising wrote:

Well, it would probably involve pulling up each error page (Unless she is using PHP?) and changing it. So... five, ten pages? Then, if I'm remembering the FTP system right, each would have to be reuploaded.

So it would take more like five minutes. Maybe 10 if your computer was running slowly or you decided to change something else.
I suppose that's so. Though I guess it depends on what kind of server it is. You might be able to edit the live pages rather than downloading and re-uploading them.

BTW, it's an awesome 404 page.

What are the other error pages for, anyway?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm reluctant to touch it because I have to turn off my firewall to get into the cpanel. I specifically didn't choose the faerie pteri (considered, rejected) because a) two birds on the page and b) I actually don't like the lemon yellow. I was going to use the dari pteri- associations with unreleased pets, good colour- but again with the birds, plus it's darigan too. I really don't like the mara grarrl, either :)

400- bad request
401- authorisation required
403- forbidden
404- page cannot be displayed
500- internal server error.
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

Meh. You can actually just FTP to them as well. Permanent versions can be found at, for example, http://www.neocolours.me.uk/403.shtml, for those who want to look at all of them.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

For the forum, if people do not like the custard pet, what about the Dari Poogle?
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

I think it should be a snot pet -- only because every single time I look at the new url I think "neocolours.meuka" Sigh...neopets has addled my brain

(I'm kidding about changing it, by the way -- I think it's fine and pretty as it is. And also, snot pets are this hideous shade of green.)