(Old) Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ah, ok. I never paid much attention to the vegetation items before Emma's plot, so that's probably why I've never seen them before.

Pinstripe Bill's Bullet line was revamped a few days ago:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Actually, the shoe item looks the same, but the wearable is definitely different.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the pants were one of my favorite wearables ever nooooooooooooooooo

edit: Now that my wardrobe is fixed, and I can play with the revamped pants, I have this to say:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

They're different in bad ways. The main color is lighter and no longer matches with the male blob kitty shoes. DAMMIT. The dark part is darker, and it's so dark that it doesn't seem round, like it's going around a leg. That little line above the top hem, the hip hugging string part of the pants, is thinner, much too delicate--to the point where I'm not sure I'll be able to wear these pants ever again, like I'm thinking it's going to snap or something, I don't know, but it makes me uncomfortable. Mostly, the colors are wrong and I'm really, really sad about it because I loved those pants a stupid amount. ;_;

edit edit: I don't want to seem entirely negative. The shirt is definitely improved, and the shoes are actually wearable now. I just wore those pants a ton.
Image Image
C. Dagger

Post by C. Dagger »

Everyone probably noticed this like a million years ago, but Equilovy was redone.

It's cute, but I didn't really recognize it.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I refreshed and I got Bon to refresh and we don't think the Equilovy looks different. Maybe you're thinking of the equilovy plushie item?
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

The hibiscus look sooo good now! I have a multi coloured one, or two of them. But now I want all of them. I love the way the flour looks now, it's so cute, must get one of those too.
The bullet stuff looks nice. I really like how the shirt looks now. The pants are okay (and I totally feel for Ty **pats Ty's back**). I own the shoes and I love them now! They are just so much better. I use to have my Scythe HA wear them all the time till they came out with better shoes. Then they just got ugly and hard to wear for me. Now I shall start wearing them again. Now I hope a few other older subetatique items get a face lift that have some dated art.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

If the shirt had looked like that before they retired, I would totally have bought one...

Also, much love for the hibiscus.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Melix Flower and Merdra got revamps.
ImageImage
ImageImage
The Melix Flower is adorable now, I love its grin. Never cared much about the Merdra so I don't really care about the revamp one way or the other. The coloring sure is pretty though.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Double posting...hope that's okay.

They changed the info boxes for items and your name info and such. The boxes have a rather unattractive gray border besides just the blue one and are huge now. Same with the user info boxes. Why are they so big!? They are also taking a very long time to load now.

Seems like a rather pointless and random change to me.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Hmm, that does seem odd that they would change them. Were people still having the problem with them breaking pages? Maybe that's why they tweaked them?
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

They were still having problems in the latest IE, yes. A quick check shows that they still break the page, but it just stops loading instead of going to a complete blank error. (I.e., I could break it after three shops had loaded on the main shops page, and the rest of the page was white.)
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

It was actually changed for a few reasons (And I'll make the box slower, and work on making them show up a little faster )

1. Now they load with AJAX. How it worked before, was that on every page (this one for example) it loaded all the item, and user information, and put it into the page. When you hovered over a username, it made that information 'unhidden' to an extent, or made it so that you could see it. If you viewed the source of any page on Subeta, it was FULL of java script that was mostly just the hover information.

Now, it's loaded WHEN you hover over it. This will really decrease loading time on the user side for most pages, especially for people with slower connections.

2. We had to update the version of the javascript library we use, and the old version of the hovers didn't work with the newer version of the library.

I'll work on the styling a bit, and making them pop up a second or two faster. As it is, this is so much better on the server, and on your browsers. XD
From Keith on the feedback thread about the boxes. At least it wasn't a useless revamp of how they worked. I still don't like how long they take to load but if the page as a whole starts loading faster I can live with it. I haven't noticed the pages loading much faster myself, but some of the others have.
At least now that second border is gone :D
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

For me, everything's actually loading incredibly slowly on Subeta today. I don't know if it's Subeta or my computer, or if it's at all related to the changes (which sound good, in theory). But really. Every time I try to go to a new page, it loads at a snail's pace. And since I'm already slowing down how I navigate around the site, so I don't open too many tabs at once and miss flowers, this makes everything take about 20 times longer.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

At the time typing, Subeta has 1650 users online. So yeah.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

My rollovers have all decided its best just to give up. Poor rollovers. :( I liked them, too.
Subeta: Thomas
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

This new rollover crap is stupid x__X I'd finally learned to really appreciate the old rollovers, especially for questing, and now they take so long to load it doesn't help - and I'm certainly not noticing a faster load time with ANYTHING :P stupid change.