Desert and Speckled Grundos

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Desert and Speckled Grundos

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Image Image

The Desert Grundo is one of my favorite Desert pets now; I think it's adorable. And I'm pleasantly surprised by Speckled; I think they put a bit too much white on the antennae, and too few specks on the torso, but I have to give them credit for not just throwing white dots on a green Grundo.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Desert and Speckled Grundos

Post by Seerow »

Desert is lovely! The clothes are very very pretty and they aren't tiny and cluttered like they seem on a lot of pets. I really like the color combo they used, its not very common in a Desert pet.

Speckled is also nice, though I agree that they could have had a bit more green on the antennae. I think I like the color of the eye the best though, its lovely.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Ohh! Normally I dislike Grundos, but the Desert is lovely - I especially like the color scheme of the clothes. As for Speckled, I second Officer 1BDI's comment.
HalfLucy

Post by HalfLucy »

The clothes on the desert look a little tacked on because of the level of detail on them, but I think they might work on a different colour Grundo. I love the speckled for the resemblance to paint splatters :)

I do wish the Grundos were a little less stubby...

There's mold on my avocado D:

da: k e c e n (no spaces)
livejournal: k e c e n (no spaces)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

How pretty is desert?! Those are some big deep blue eyes. This is one of the better colors since Royal Peos.
Speckled is quite nice too. Probably the best 2.0 speckled because it looks like someone took 2 seconds out of their life to make it look distinctly "speckled" and not "spotted". I'll tell Heather about these new grundos because she was complaining about not being able to paint something short of faerie, and grundos are her favorite species.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'll tell you I liked the Speckled Blumaroo better than the Grundo!

These are both wonderful, good job on both. I like Speckled better, because Desert in general doesn't appeal to me :)
varii

Post by varii »

Desert is really nice. I like how it has the desert look while maintaining the intergalactic feel. It would have been even better if they had included some sort of walking staff. I don't understand why they don't utilize that fist as much as they can. If they can't redraw the thing, they might as well work with it. :/
rei @ neopets

Post by 23639377 »

The desert is having some new colours - orange and black! Great combination. However, since it's a Grundo I don't think I'll be getting one.
The speckled one's probably the best of Speckleds. The patterns are nice.
(Forum set is under construction)
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Desert is adorable. Those are some awesome clothes. He looks like an ambassador or something. So cute. Actually, if I wasn't saving for two royal paint brushes, I'd actually splurge and get a desert grundo. I don't think I've wanted a new pet since customization came.

Speckled is pretty nice, too. It doesn't just have bland white dots like a lot of them did pre-customization (and most likely post-customization). I've never really been a speckled fan, but it's a nice addition.
Omg Its Demi

Post by Omg Its Demi »

I usually hate Grundos...but these 2 are way too cute x3!
The Desert Grundo looks thinner.... but I love the head dress and the colours used, no clashing which is good, and it's eyes are a nice colour blue...
The speckled one is also awesome, like mentioned before it actually looks speckled and not just spotted...
Might just get one of these cuties....
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Wow, I kinda love the Speckled one. There's just something about it.