Petpet Park

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Petpet Park

Post by Seerow »

Huggles wrote:From what I've heard so far, there aren't that many for each individual species, even though there may be quite a lot in total. From browsing that site, that still seems to be the case. Most of the wearables are hats, necklaces, things you hold, socks, with only 15 actual articles of clothing that can be worn by more than one species. The reason pets were redrawn was so that they could wear clothes, but most of the wearables aren't things that conform to their bodies. So yeah, clothes for for petpets seems even sillier. It all just makes my brain hurt trying to think of why they didn't make customization optional if that's all the clothing they have after this long.
Ditto Huggles. Sure, there's quite a bit of individual clothing items from PBs, Pet days, the NCmall, and so on, but there isn't that much variety really. Say I wanted to dress up my Hissi. I'm pretty much stuck with getting him a Shenkuu festive dragon outfit or dressing him up as Indiana Jones, if I don't want to buy him NC mall clothes which usually look rather strange.

I do think petpet clothing is a little better and more feasible idea though, since they are making a handful of new petpets to work with. All of the new petpets are pretty much identical to each other, just with different colors and heads basically. This should make it really really easy to make clothing options that can easily work on all the different petpets. Now why anyone would want their petpet to run around in shorts and a hat is beyond me, at least it makes more sense going this route then they did with the Neopets clothing.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I will admit that the backgrounds and trinkets are cool. If customization had been optional, my gut says they lost the flash files for the ones that were autoconverted and didn't feel like redrawing them or removing the white bg, I'd have animated crap on all of my pets. I wish they had gone with making Usuki dressup instead and having a little usuki doll on your pet's lookup, that they dressed up. You'd have one body type, which would make it easy to pump out tons and tons of clothes, and all those usuki toys would have a purpose.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Agreed. I actually find I am enjoying putting clothes on my pets, but most of what I do involves (1) PB clothes or (2) neat backgrounds with a foreground item, which you can do with even unconverted pets.

There's really very little that goes beyond species-day costumes, cool backgrounds, or items like hats and purses that are humorous but can't really make up an outfit, and aren't really useful unless having a pet with a squid on its head amuses you.

I really think the whole customization system was mishandled from beginning to end.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Plus a lot of the species-specific clothing is expensive, or higher in rarity than the every-pet stuff. I like dressing my pets up, but I also find myself saving money towards paint brushes to get those clothes rather than the other stuff.
derp
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*points up* What they said.

To have completely and totally trashed the pet art they really haven't done much to forward their stated objective. Instead, as Huggles said, there's a bare handful of items for all pets to wear (and most of it is hideously ugly; potato sacks; faces full of snow; one or two scarves; and a few hats and dresses), and not even all converted pets can wear those.

I fail to see why mutants, maraquan pets, and babies were forcibly converted and yet none of them can wear anything beyond backgrounds and trinkets.

For no more effort than they've put into it, I really don't see why it couldn't have been optional.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Actually, I've used the hat-and-scarf sets and the face full of snow. :-)

But yes. This should have been optional. There aren't nearly enough items worth wearing to justify making it mandatory. The pets that can't wear items -- mutant, baby -- ESPECIALLY shouldn't have been converted.

I do wish they were putting a fraction of the effort into NP items as they were putting into NC items. (And this is speaking as someone who has occasionally spent money on NC.)
Kari

Post by Kari »

Kamil wrote: I fail to see why mutants, maraquan pets, and babies were forcibly converted and yet none of them can wear anything beyond backgrounds and trinkets.
That's another thing...you'd think by now that maybe they'd have one or two items that could only be worn by Maraquans, Mutants, or Babies.
derp
HotIceMelts

Post by HotIceMelts »

This was my first neopets 'plot' so I'm happy with my new sidebar. I'm not really impressed with the cash prize. I always hated getting cash instead of gifts. I was hoping for something more along the lines of one the park petpets in a special color that you could only get if you did the plot. Still 45K will put a small dent in my PB fund.