Desert and Jelly Bori

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Desert and Jelly Bori

Post by varii »

ImageImage
Well, I think the Desert Bori kind of looks like it is wearing a diaper. However I think the under colour looks like it could be really pretty.

I also think it is weird that Bori's seem to have a 50-50 chance of having their clothes go over their shell or under.

Image vs Image

Last year the clothes went over, this year they're under. The Pirate Bori's shirt goes under the shell and the Desert Bori's skirt goes over. Weird.
rei @ neopets
Fury

Re: Desert and Jelly Bori

Post by Fury »

I have no idea why the artists decided to place items under the shells in the first place anyway - how is that even possible? I'm assuming the shell is attached to the Bori's back? Even if it's not, it looks really stupid having clothing items beneath the shell. /rant

Jelly: I've never had much of an opinion on Jelly, haha.

Desert: Cool! The little shorts seem a bit out of place for me but that's fine seeing as how you can remove paintbrush clothes. I love the headdress, collar and bracelets and the base colour looks really pretty! The sand/blue colour combination looks great and the little tattoo on its upper arm is a nice touch.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I like the Desert Bori, it would look better with some of the clothes removed I think. The base is a bit close to the colour of the Yellow Bori though, but still nice.

As for Jelly...well the News post says it all:
To start things off, Bori can now be painted Desert at the Rainbow Pool and... well we aren't sure what that other colour is!

It just doesn't look very Jelly-like to me.
varii

Post by varii »

I really don't like jelly because it accentuates the point that the Bori may not have a 2nd hind leg. Desert is nice for me because the bangles sort of disguise that gap between the legs that my eyes ALWAYS go immediately to. And I know that the leg is theoretically hidden back there, but my brain refuses to see more than 3. :/
rei @ neopets
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

They picked a nice color for jelly. At least it's not pink like half of the other jelly pets.

I'm not too keen on desert. There seem to be too many clothes with too many clashing colors on them. I know with customization, you can take some of the clothes off, but it just doesn't look good all together like that. :/ I'm not really liking the blue claws/shell, either. For some reason, I keep thinking they're clothes, too.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm sad that desert doesn't really have any accessories that will look good alone =/ I agree, the bottom looks like a diaper. I was hoping for some nice earrings or something like that. If one of my lab boris turns Desert, I'll still steal the clothing for my gypsy-faerie bori, but otherwise I'm not too impressed.

Also, clothes going under the shell look freaking stupid.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Agreed, the clothes under the shell are stupid. I like the bandanna, though, I'll have to get that once the price drops.

I'm disappointed in Desert, actually. I don't think any of the accessories are going to look especially nice worn alone, which would be the reason I'd get it.
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

The first thing I thought when I saw the Desert Bori is "It's wearing a diaper!" I like the base color and blue accents. The clothes are okay. Not really something I regret not waiting to use my Desert PB for.

Jelly is jelly, except kinda not. It looks more plastic than jelly.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Gah that is an awful shade of purple on the jelly. Just really shows poor shading in general with those garish tones.

As for desert, I think I'd like it minus the diaper...er, pants. The bangles and head dress are nice, but I think a little cluttered. As for the upper arm, is that really a tattoo or another bracelet? Little busy to be sure, but at least its better than desert. I'd have rather there been a tail ring instead of the goofy pants.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets

Post by 23639377 »

The jelly isn't shiny at all.

And... green trousers? The colour doesn't fit at all.

As for the set of clothes for girls, the dress hides under the bori's back? Where did the artist's brains gone?
(Forum set is under construction)
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

I really like desert. I'd like to see it without it's turtle skin nappy, but I really love the blue shell and claws.

Jelly looks a bit like a rubber. I like the change of colour, but I think it's just a bit dark, you can't really see it's face.

And the clothes are just... ridiculous.
Omg Its Demi

Post by Omg Its Demi »

I quite like jelly...well..I like it more then desert...
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I love Desert. Except for the green diaper. I bet it looks really nice with just the collar on.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

I can't figure out where they got the idea that bright sky-blue shell and claws = awesome for a Desert pet. o_O And the green diaper is really weird, too. I wish they would start putting Bori clothes over the shells, where they make sense, rather than ripping the poor things anatomy up. I DO like the bird headpiece thingy, and the eye makeup though.

The Jelly one is very dark, and not shiny enough for jelly D: Nor is it translucent enough.
<3
Aster

Post by Aster »

I also think it is ridiculous/ odd that clothes can go under the bori's shell.
I do like the desert colors, but I am not a fan of the eye makeup and I am not a fan of the bottom part of the clothes (as varii says, it does look like a diaper *sighs*)