Neocolours 2008 Christmas Card Exchange!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Neocolours 2008 Christmas Card Exchange!

Post by Jessi »

[Edit: Thanks to the mod that stickied this xD]

Hey everyone!

The Neocolours Christmas Card Exchange last year was a huge hit, I think, and a lot of fun! For those of you that missed it last year, a bunch of NCers (from all over the world) exchanged addresses and we all sent holiday cards to each other. FMD and I had our apartment decorated with cards in all sorts of languages and colors, and it was overall awesome. I'm basically using the same rules from last year, so here it goes:

I am pleased to be presenting Neocolours' second Christmas Card Exchange! (and I'm using the word Christmas cause "Holiday Card" is really weird to write - there is no religious connotation here xD) The rules are simple, so here it goes!

1) You will receive a list of every participant to send a card to (it's not like a Secret Santa where you get one person xD). Please remember, however, that these people are trusting you with their real names and addresses - please do NOT do anything stupid with this list!

2) Please do not sign up for the card exchange if you don't intend to follow through. It'd be really unfair if you get 30 cards from people but don't send out any yourself.

3) Because sending out addresses to people is Serious Business, you must have 100 non-spam posts in a variety of forums (so not just the Subeta new colors forum, or something - basically, we want everyone to know you) and you must have been a member of Neocolours for at least six months. I know these seem strict, but like I said - addresses. We want it to be a little strict.

To participate:
Please copy and paste the following into a PM for me and fill it out with the appropriate information:

Code: Select all

[b]NC Username:[/b]
[b]Full Name + Address (include country, please!):[/b]
[b]Special Instructions:[/b]
Special Instructions basically means if you don't want to receive a terribly religious card or such. If a card praising the baby Jesus would offend you, please let us know! (This was not a problem at all last year :3 Most cards were just religiously neutral or handmade or had pictures of rats on them and what not! But this way, no one has to feel like they can't join because they'll be offended by a card!)

Signups will end on December 1st, since a lot of us like to send out cards early, some will be traveling overseas, and that gives you plenty of time to send me a PM with the info. If you don't want to send your address via PM (but note, I'll be sending it via PM later xD) PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address instead.

I think that's about it! If you have any questions, post here. Or PM me. Or whatever, most of you know how to hunt me down in some way xD

Also, feel free to post on the the thread if you're going to be joining, or for general discussion :3 Last year we had a general discussion thread to make sure people wanted to do it, but I figured that was unnecessary this year!
FaerieInGrey

Re: Neocolours 2008 Christmas Card Exchange!

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I'll be signing up again this year :) the cards last year were all awesome.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm signing up as well :D And I promise my cards will be more exciting then last year!
I should dig out my stack of last years cards and put them on my desk again.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm in, it was super fun last year and I'd love to do it again xD
Kari

Post by Kari »

I sent in my PM :3
derp
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

Oooh, I should do this this year, now that I have funds to buy stamps and cards and whatnot. I love getting mail :D
Subeta
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I should do this. Yes.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Hey guys, I just wanted to remind you that those of you saying you're signing up here still need to make sure you PM me your address information ;D I hope some more people sign up!!
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Giving this a little bump, since it's been a week since I posted it :3 If you want to sign up, please do so!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I hope more people signed up then posted here, or its going to be a sad Christmas!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Don't worry, Seerow; more than this have actually signed up xD Just a couple more, though. I hope a few more people still stagger in :3
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Hey everyone, the end of the month is quickly coming up, and I'm still looking for more people to sign up :D So if you want to participate in the card exchange, here's another reminder! Check out the first post and PM me your information!
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

LAST CALL FOR CARDS

If you want to do this, I'm giving you til like, 9 PM my time tonight to sign up, so i can send out PMs tomorrow. Last call last call!
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Very excited for this to start :) I hope to get my cards out really early this time, since we have notoriously iffy mail services out here with all of the colleges and holiday mail load.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Everyone should have gotten their PM by now =) If you didn't, holler at me!

Instead of asking a mod to lock this this year, I think we'll just keep it here so we can chat about cards as they come in :D Looking forward to it!