Neocolours 2008 Christmas Card Exchange!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Kari

Re: Neocolours 2008 Christmas Card Exchange!

Post by Kari »

I got an adorable Jazzy card today, and yesterday I got a sparkly Jessi/FMD card!
derp
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I got Daisy's card today, complete with adorable crane :D Such shiny paper 0_o
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I got RD's and Fjorab's cards today, yay! Fjorab, the artowrk on that card is just GORGEOUS! It says your sister did the artwork - did you do the actual stamping of the wood cutting? It's very, very pretty!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I got a whole slew of cards today! Fjorab, EofS, and Rainbow Daydreamer. Ditto Jessi, the wood cutting lovely, such intricate designs for wood 0_o

Rainbow Daydreamer, such pretty snowmen :P And yay, I can't read EofS's card!

Kari, your card from me got sent back :( Apparently they couldn't read your address or something. I'll get it shipped out again as soon as I can :(
Last edited by Seerow on 22 Dec 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Yay, one of mine made it :0D I sent them several days after the last posting date because I was out of the country until the 14th. So I walked to the post office during my lunch break on the 16th.

So far I've received... Jazzy (gorgeous), Daisy (I love the snowflake), RD (bob bob bobbin along), Jessindsey (ooooh, glitter), Seerow's (so lovely) and Kari's (you know that "place this sheet here to protect your card" thing? The text rubbed off onto the snowman's body. I am highly amused.)

For a minute there I was confused as to why you couldn't read my card - I thought I did my bestest big girl handwriting. Then I realised what you meant ;0)

Also, I'm really impressed that the last posting date for US to UK was the 18th. The last date for UK to UK was only the 20th! Nice work USPS.
Kari

Post by Kari »

EofS wrote:(you know that "place this sheet here to protect your card" thing? The text rubbed off onto the snowman's body. I am highly amused.)
Ahaha, how interesting.

I won't know if I've gotten anyone else's cards until after new year's -- I'm at home away from my mail until then :wink:
derp
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

:D She did all the artwork, from start to finish. I figured I'd swipe some of her cards to use for the card exchange since I really like them and wanted to send everyone something special. I sent out about 3 different ones, some also a few different colors. She teaches art lessons over a wide range of mediums. She usually creates people's presents. For the past few years, she's been carving and painting native bird species to give people, and I've gotten a few of my favorites. :)

I've really enjoyed all the cards I've gotten so far. When things settle down maybe a little after we get back from Kentucky in-laws-visiting, I'll make proper commentary about all the "yay!" cards.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I won't know about cards that I receive for a few days, either. I couldn't get to my mailbox the last few that I was home, so I'm sure that there are some in there and some waiting to be delivered.

On that note, has anyone gotten a card from me & DamionDarkheart? I wonder if the mail got picked up before the mailboxes got snowed in.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So far I've gotten cards from Kari, Seerow, Jessis, Fjorab, E, Jazzy, Daisy and RD :D

Mine are going out today, and I apologize since they're gonna get there late. Finals week really kicked my ass.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

To Everyone: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I meant to mail my cards out from Georgia, but I put them in the wrong car and totally didn't remember until halfway there. They will be very late, but you shall all receive a card from me at some point.
Image Image Image