Faerie draik + faerie kad?

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Larkspurlane

Faerie draik + faerie kad?

Post by Larkspurlane »

ImageImage

Yes or no? I like them both a LOT on their own. But together, idk -- the pink is kind of jarring, but I like how the different shades of blue/turquoise work. And the curls at the tips of the draik's ears+wings recall the kad's curling antennae.They match in ways not related to visual aesthetics too -- both are faerie for one, both blew up my bank account for another. The draik is one of the few faerie pets who aren't earthbound, so I like that aspect too.

If no, can you suggest a pet match for the faerie kad? No UC pets please, I can't trade for them on my young account & I don't feel like waiting until Jan.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Faerie draik + faerie kad?

Post by Jessi »

I personally like them together, but then, I've never felt petpets have to perfectly match every color on the pet. My faerie draik has a faerie gallion, and my faerie draik's custom design gives him the same colors as the faerie gallion. Maybe you could do something like that?
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Yeah, exact colour matches are nice but not essential :D especially if I redesign the draik (or the kad) as you suggested, hmm. I'll see what I can come up with before I actually use the MP :mrgreen:

I think draiks came out of customization the best of any of the pets (except for the #$%#ing fist). The peophins who also suffered minimal damage... + no fist.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

You know, I don't like any draik (except mutant and maraquan). I don't know if you got the transmogrification potion, but I would keep it mutant. There's something very very botched about the way they look now, yet they're just as popular. The faerie Kad should be attached to something much less flamboyant color, but still effeminate, like white or desert. (I'd even choose baby over faerie) (I'll let you know when I come up with something more helpful.) But that combination seems..wasteful?
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Actually, I prefer the new faerie draik to the old one- there was something about the old one which just didn't work for me. I think the faerie kad goes well with it- with the mutant it would just look very weird, so unless you actually wanted a clashing combination I don't think that's a good plan.

The obvious match for a faerie kad would of course be a faerie aisha, but they're far from wonderful IMO. Otherwise, striped pets have pale blue and pink- if you wanted to echo the flying pose then it would be a buzz (ew), draik or korbat (I like the new korbats, I think they're cute).
Neopets wishlists: here