NC Gift Boxes

Post anything new on Neopets here.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

NC Gift Boxes

Post by mellaka »

There is a new item called a NC Gift Box that lets you send Neocash items to your side accounts or other users. There is a FAQ about it here.

Unfortunately, at the moment it seems to only be for those who purchase NC mall cards (you automatically get a gift box for every $5 when you redeem your card). I like that I now have the ability to send a few items to my side accounts, but am kind of annoyed that the only way to get the boxes is through buying a NC mall card, since my NC mall purchases are usually impulse-Paypal transactions. And I know NC mall cards aren't available to many people, so it feels unfair.

Also, it seems that only items that are currently active in the mall are able to be transferred.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: NC Gift Boxes

Post by Jessi »

This is a wonderful idea in theory, and I really hope they open it up to Paypal users as well! I would love to be able to gift some people Neocash backgrounds and what not, so I think this idea is awesome, if they expand on it a bit :3
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Well, I guess I won't be getting that Eliv Thade Makeup Kit anytime soon :(
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Double posting because I'm amazing like that.

It seems like you CAN send items that are out of stock in the NC Mall, except the Halloween items, which are currently glitched. (And that includes my make-up kit)

Things from Christmas and Easter can be sent fine, though.
covet

Post by covet »

How frustrated am I that we get neither bonus items or gift boxes for spending money on paypal? I am very frustrated.

Sucks to be a brit. :/
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

Iggy wrote:Double posting because I'm amazing like that.

It seems like you CAN send items that are out of stock in the NC Mall, except the Halloween items, which are currently glitched. (And that includes my make-up kit)

Things from Christmas and Easter can be sent fine, though.
Thanks for the info. I'm still mad at myself for not buying that Eliv Thade makeup kit last year. (And/or annoyed at Neo for not re-releasing it this year.) Eliv is one of my favorite Neo characters but I didn't buy it last year because the items still expired at that time.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I know, right?

I bought 75$ of capsules to get the Eliv Thade kit, and it wasn't even given via capsules! I did get like, six Chuckles make-ups, though!

The Eliv Thade kit is the ONLY NC retired item I'm missing in my gallery
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

It does seem a bit silly, in the light of this, that they're running a NC card giveaway for the USians-- precisely the people who need it least, since they have the opportunity to buy their own. C'mon, give us Brits a chance to get some shiny giftboxes, can'tcha?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm pretty sure I can't send you gitboxes via giftboxes. :(

(Yeps, I have the boxes, though!)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Another double-post to tell you Halloween items can now be sent to other users :) Elite Boutique items can no longer be sent, though.

(Now to find someone with a spare Eliv Make-up kit...)
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

There's a new capsule in the mall that has a chance of giving out gift boxes: Gift Mystery Capsule. Yay that other people can get them but that's crappy that it's not guaranteed.

And I'm still looking for a Eliv makeup kit too but it's not looking too good.
covet

Post by covet »

A capsule giving out gift boxes is the dumbest idea I ever heard. If I'm trying to give away random items, the last thing I want to do is have to open five capsules full of random items before getting a box.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Since people are mentioning the things they're looking for, I'm desperately looking for an Autumn Leaf Garland. Apparently it sold out today, and I'm just sick about it, as I had an entire look planned for Chaffey, but without the garland it's just not the same.

I was going to the CVS as soon as I got paid Friday to score a cash card and I was so happy thinking about how wonderfully it would work with her color.

*woes*

Oh well, now I'm going to have to hope that someone here (can we try and do these trades on Neo? not that I'd feel comfy trying it there even if it were legal) wants something, or two somethings, I have from the Mall in trade. I've got doubles of quite a few things, as well as a few wacky wearables I got out of capsules that I'll never use.

Man, I was so looking forward to getting her look changed around this weekend. *kicks at bad luck*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I've seen it done on the boards, Kamil.

The entire list of what NC items I can give is there. I only have 12 boxes left, though

www.neopets.com/~PhilippeB
invsagoth

Post by invsagoth »

I had been so excited about this gift box feature until I heard about how to get them. My hubby had some neocash on his account from the scarab game that he wanted to buy me stuff with (he isn't interested in any of the nc mall items), but he wasn't going to buy a card so he'd have -even more- unusable neocash on his account. Drat.

I understand the reasoning behind it- they get more money and have a way for it to not be abused... though if you could get gift boxes from getting neocash from using paypal, that would still be a way for it to not be abused. Bah.
Iggy wrote:I've seen it done on the boards, Kamil.

The entire list of what NC items I can give is there. I only have 12 boxes left, though

http://www.neopets.com/~PhilippeB
*Drools over neoquest robe* I sooooo wanted to get that when I saw it, but I missed my chance at it. D: I'm assuming you are talking about trading stuffs though, and I don't have gift boxes to trade with. :/
Thank you to Jazzy for the av!