Subeta Advent Calendar

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Re: Subeta Advent Calender

Post by bonecrivain »

Haha, I totally agree. I love the plushie, and the doll just looks weird and sort of creepy.

Also, since the new story is that Melody magically creates gifts for people who visit her cottage, I think it's odd that she would create/give out a doll of herself. I dunno, when I give people presents, I don't think, "HEY! MAYBE THEY WANT A DOLL OF ME THAT THEY CAN CARRY AROUND. AWESOME."

But maybe I'm just weird that way.
covet

Post by covet »

Well, yesterday she gave us the offcuttings from her hair. It's a little like reverse-stalking.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Rah

Post by Rah »

bonecrivain wrote:Haha, I totally agree. I love the plushie, and the doll just looks weird and sort of creepy.

Also, since the new story is that Melody magically creates gifts for people who visit her cottage, I think it's odd that she would create/give out a doll of herself. I dunno, when I give people presents, I don't think, "HEY! MAYBE THEY WANT A DOLL OF ME THAT THEY CAN CARRY AROUND. AWESOME."

But maybe I'm just weird that way.
Ahahaa. This just reminded me that this Christmas I'm giving someone a snowglobe with my face in. Is that similarly vain? I think it's hilarious (If you've seen the Catherine Tate show it's even funnier). Clearly Melody is terribly vain and a bit silly too xD

Omg. I'd love a doll of me.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

If they made a female form of this, I could claim it was me. *snaps fingers*

Melody's gifts definitely strike me as self-centered. But I like the wig from yesterday, so I suppose it's harder to mind much.
Image Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

Omg they have GIANT PLUSH MICROBES on that site! Awesomeeee.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Hehe a friend of mine has a giant flesh eating bacteria plush, and another I want to say is the flu but I don't know for sure. So awesome.

A adore the plushie! Anyone happen to have the larger image handy, or know who drew it so I can ask them? I wanna say Arbor or Sayle?
The doll is alright, I won't get any use out of it but I'm sure many people will. I do really like the boots though, even if I couldn't figure out what the heck the item image was supposed to be XD
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha, I couldn't tell what the image was, either. I had to compare it to being worn on the HA to go, "Okay, that's the heel, obviously that's the front, so it's just like this...."

(I gave a friend rabies for Christmas last year. It was awesome.)
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Personally, I like the giant cold virus soap dispenser.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kitchen/8165/

One of these days I need to order one and put it in my office filled with Purell.
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

Off topic, but wow, thanks for posting that awesome ThinkGeek site, Ty. I was completely stuck on what to get my friend for Christmas, and one of the plush microbes was just perfect for him. ^_^ I ordered it, and another microbe (E. coli) for myself. They're just so darn cute! *pets deadly little germs*
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I've seen those microbes before! They're so cute, and I want several of them, but I doubt I'll ever get around to buying them. (What's with the bow on the sperm? XD)

On the topic of Melody, I quite like those boots. The little doll is also somewhat cute (but I doubt I'll ever use it). The plushie is real cute too. :3
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Spoiler: open/close
Snowfall (decent wearable - it's a background. Looks like a snowy hillside)
Bonnie (cute, but I don't like the way the tail is positioned)
Candy Cane Jacket (kinda cute. I'll be hoarding mine.)

and 150 sp
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I think the horse is beautiful. It's nice to have a batch of pretty good items after yesterday's...I didn't like any of yesterday's things.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

We didn't even talk about yesterday's items here! Wow. (They weren't my thing, either.) Three Fraustus items--the Floppy Fraustus Buddy is bizarre to me. I was staring at it trying to make sense of it, because the HA's hand goes right through the toy's neck, I swear! But the funniest thing is that I was looking at the previews for the items on Subeta's forum, puzzling over that buddy wearable, and I scrolled down to see Officer 1BDI noting that same thing. I wonder if anyone ever explained it. I think it's unsettling and almost creepy. =P

I love today's items. The snowfall will be good, combined with rectangular backgrounds, I think. I put the horsie in my gallery. I like horsies. The red socks are really cute. I also like the jacket--there've been some really fabulous jackets lately.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yeah, yesterday's items weren't really my cup of tea either. I guess he's supposed to be a Magnus, but I couldn't see the resemblance. The art looked rather outdated too I thought.

Today's items were great though! The snow is a great new winter backdrop that doesn't cost 20mill. The Bonnie is adorable and definitely suits its name. I think I would have liked them better without the red stockings, but still cute either way.
Not terribly fond of the jacket, the item itself looks rather flat, but meh.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The snowfall is nice, and it looks better on my HA than that frackin' pile of snow, so yay. :D The horse it cute, too. Its description made me giggle. I think I like the jacket better as an item than a wearable, though. :/