Web Hosting

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Web Hosting

Post by Jessi »

Can anyone recommend a good yet affordable web hosting company?

I'm terribly fed up with the company that currently hosts my domain, jessibean.net, and I want to move it somewhere new. The problem is, searching for domain hosting sites is obviously a bit tedious. Anyone have any recommendations?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Web Hosting

Post by AngharadTy »

I've got a friend who works with webhosting. He's fantastic, so I can guarantee that tech support with them is reliable. Their price breakdown:

$2.50/month, 1 gb transfer
$4/month, 5 gb
$5/month, 10 gb
$8/month, 20 gb
$250/month, 1 tb... heh!

Flexible diskspace (within reason), email and DNS hosting for no cost, ftp access. They can do VPS hosting, run game servers, SVN or CVS repositories, and ecommerce sites. If you're interested, mail josh@picosecond.org.

Hell, I wish I needed a website. I'd use them. =)
Image Image
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I use surpasshosting, myself, and I've found it pretty reliable over the past few years that I've used it. The prices are decent too. :)
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

They're a UK-based operation, but I should at least mention fasthosts - they host Neocolours after all!

Prices etc on their website, but they start at £5/mo for a fairly sensible package.

That said, being of a technical bent myself, I'd err on the side of Ty's offering (although I don't particularly like billing for data transfer with such close together limits, but that's mainly irrational in this instance I suspect).

I recommend against anyone connected with Journalspace in any way ;-)
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.