State your preference: RB peo vs. RB/Darigan double-paint.

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.

Which do you prefer?

Royalboy Peophin
37%
Darigan Peophin in Royalboy clothes
63%

Total votes: 35

Larkspurlane

State your preference: RB peo vs. RB/Darigan double-paint.

Post by Larkspurlane »

Image or... Image

I love how fabulously barbaric the Darigan looks, but plain vanilla RB looks so regal too. Thoughts?

(Poseidyn's design looks like this at the moment. I'm not happy with it though.)
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Iggy

Re: State your preference: RB peo vs. RB/Darigan double-paint.

Post by Iggy »

I like Darigan better, but your design seems more fitting with RB, though
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I love darigan peos. I've always wanted to get RG clothes for mine (he's such a girly-boy), but of course, he's UC, so I won't dare touch him. :<

Honestly, I do prefer the darigan over the RB, but I never liked the RB base, either.
varii

Post by varii »

For me personally, Peophins are one of those species that will always look female to me, with the exception of Royal Boy and maybe Robot. But if you can look at Darigan and see a boy, I think that one has much more character than plain old royal boy.
rei @ neopets
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

That's interesting that you see Peophins as all females, Varii. Haha. I see some colours as female (e.g. Tyrannian Peo) but thankfully I see the Darigan colour as masculine.

In my design I made him more Darigan purple than RB burgundy (??)... meh. I don't know. I'm buying the pb and I'll just stare at it for a while, I guess.

TCSTar, you're so lucky to have a UC Darigan. So badass. (Insofar as a neopet can be badass.)

Image "Grr."
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I added a poll for you. (You can do that yourself, incidentally--I just thought it'd be handy!)
Image Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Oh, thank you! I didn't know I could make one myself. (P.S. is the line in your sig image from The Wasteland?... a line which was itself from the Bible or something, if Modern Lit memory serves?)

Darigan is leading by 3. One of those votes is mine. Heh!

But Darigan loses RB's awesome faceplate. Blah.
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It's from The Waste Land, yup. Admittedly, I got into Eliot because of Stephen King's Dark Tower series (my hydrus wyllop is named Deschain), but I'm glad he introduced me to such a fantastic writer. I like his work a lot. The site I use to browse The Waste Land doesn't say that line is from the Bible, but the shadow under the red rock line may well be a reference to Isaiah. I wouldn't know--I do not love literature enough to read the Bible on my own. ;)
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I voted against the cross-paint. Mainly because I had a RB peophin for a very short while that hebdenhippy owns now. I planned to take the clothes only, when I realized how much I disliked the clothes on most of the other bases. (I thought Desert/RB was nice enough, but not enough to buy both PBs) For some reason cross painting a RG is much nicer looking. Their clothes seem to go much better with the other bases. I like the original RB/RG combos the best because they remind me so much of the old RB/RG flotsam pair. The only peophin cross painting job I'm really in love with is Tyrannian/Halloween.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I checked my notes (god, what a nerd!) and it's apparently a reference to a line spoken during Anglican burial services? You toss dirt on the grave and speak the line. (I'm not religious so I haven't the vaguest idea if that's correct, I'll send a pissy email to my prof if it's not :twisted:...) Anyway. Point is, it's a cool quote and makes for a cool sig!

Thanks for the thoughts U_P! I've only ever considered RG/Desert and not RB/Desert. Hmm. I wouldn't do it for this particular guy (out of character for him) but it'd be interesting for a Lost Desert prince type char.

*goes to look at the old RB/G flotsams* :mrgreen:
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Damn it, you guys! Now I'm thinking of pawning my HP for a Halloween PB. But I'll wait until the 1st for that. I don't have enough room on my side to find a pounded peophin to paint, and then promptly kick out. (/tongue twister!)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I like the converted Peophin better than the old one, and I did eventually convert mine. The only thing I miss is the slick shininess of the hair parts. But I was glad for Seaquus to lose those huge ears and the crazy-long tail.

As for your dilemma, I'm torn. I like the Darigan with it better, as I love the Darigan's looks and am a bit off-put by the "beard clippets" on the RB. But indeed you'd end up losing that face plate (though again I personally love the Darigan's) and would be spending a significant amount of more NP, maybe more than the difference is "worth."

By the way, the art on the link you posted is FABULOUS. :D
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Well I guess I'll throw my two sense in here. I strongly feel that everyone should do what they all feel is best for their own accounts because what works for one person just wouldn't for another.

I love the symmetry of having a royal boy and royal girl pet next to each other on the same account. It's one of those things I've just always liked. If he was an only, I would say go for it! But the setness that he mades with Oceanyd would be disrupted if he was Darigan. It's so vibrant and showy and somehow just seems too busy and distracting. I just happen to adore this royal set, partly because of that gorgeous picture as well. They just seem to make so much sense looking exactly as they do. The royal boy coloring also has a nice muted elegance now.

But then, I am slightly prejudiced on crosspainting in general. To me it seems to get too distracting when you're trying to decipher which piece came from where and it means that I can't look at the pet as an overall image. But I know some people really like it, and I confess to doing it myself on a basic color that looked too plain to me.

Of course, it's all up to you, they really are a nice pair either way. :)
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I voted for keeping him royalboy, for many of the reasons Ailiel stated. I like a lot of cross-painted pets, but as he's one of a set of two, I think it would look odd to have one cross-painted and the other not.

If you plan to cross-paint her as well, then I'd say go for it. If not, I'd say keep them a true set.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thanks guys! I hadn't considered my Royal *pair*. Ailiel/Kamil, you're right, the symmetry would be off if I did this. Unless I made the RG a Tyrannian crosspaint or something and went with a barbaric/savage royalty kind of look. Which would be a cool idea, except that's not what the RG's personality is remotely like, haha.

I'm going to keep the PB and see. Anyway, it's not like it's permanent or anything, and Royal PBs (like Darigan) are, happily, in the HT and so not prone to ridiculous price fluctuations. As of right now, my attention has been drawn to the way my pair would look (which I'd totally not considered) so... hm. My pretty lookup must stay pretty :P

Thanks everyone for your intelligent input!! There is like nowhere else on the wide wide internets I could've discussed this, hahaha.
But then, I am slightly prejudiced on crosspainting in general. To me it seems to get too distracting when you're trying to decipher which piece came from where and it means that I can't look at the pet as an overall image. But I know some people really like it, and I confess to doing it myself on a basic color that looked too plain to me.
This actually frustrates me too, Ailiel -- I came across a x6 painted Draik and it was just an eyesore of clothes and crap piled on (both Royal colours, Desert, Pirate, Christmas on a Darigan base). But I think it can work when done wisely, as you said :D
Larkspurlane @ neo