Editorial Time!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Madge

Re: Editorial Time!

Post by Madge »

Where did your random items appear? In your inventory?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Yep, I got a Neomail..

Hello goldenchaos,

You had a balance of 100 NC that expired on 2009-06-15. We have given you the following item(s) in exchange for the expired Neocash.

* Pirate Music Track

These items have been added to your inventory. Please be sure to place them in your closet to customise your Neopet.

Please refer to the NC Mall Shopping Rules to read our policy on Neocash Expiration.

The Neopets Team

---

I have 300 left now..which I had for awhile, so I don't know where the 100 came out from.
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, I finally got an email, too, and three neohome items--about as useless a set of items as I could possibly get.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

Ooo I finally got a neomail too!

Let's go see what goodies they gave me...
* Pirate Music Track
* Kiko Lake Fencing
* Darigan Citadel Fencing
On my faerie account. Wooo neohome items. They like the pirate music track don't they?

I'm kicking myself for not buying that hat I didn't really like, because it would've grown on me and beats a pirate music track. -_-

My rainbow account hasn't got a neomail but I can't help but think I may have spent my extra neocash there before it expired - and yes, I did. I bought school girl glasses, which is good because those are probably 10x cooler than the fences they would've bought me otherwise :P.

My tyrannian account hasn't got a neomail, either, and I know I didn't spend that extra neocash.

Both of those two only had 50 NC left though, whilst the faerie one had 150, so maybe they're doing the random buying in order from most to least?
varii

Post by varii »

Madge wrote: * Pirate Music Track
* Kiko Lake Fencing
* Darigan Citadel Fencing
Those are the same three items I recieved on my side account.
rei @ neopets
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I got the two fences, but instead of pirate music, I got Krawk Island Ship Lamp. Their random items are not impressively random.
Image Image
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Madge wrote:Wooo neohome items. They like the pirate music track don't they?
For at least a full half-second I read that and thought "Well, it'd make sense for them to give you all the same overstocked item they couldn't shift for cash..", until the realisation dawned that it's not a real shop selling real items. In which case, yeah, unoriginal! I've had nothing, so I'm eagerly awaiting my pirate music ;-)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

I got the two different fencing things too, but I also got some clapping chalkboard erasers. Which would be completely useless even if I was more into customizing my pet beyond throwing a bunch of ugly crap on my lab rat. Way to go TNT!
Subeta
EofS

Post by EofS »

I got the rolling pin which I do sort of like, but it's not exactly much use for my pets on that account. I might stick it in my gallery, it sort of fits. And the obligatory two fences. I don't have a neohome on my main, never mind my third side.

Fortunately one other side I claimed the nc in January, the other I haven't claimed yet. And on my main I actually made sure I spent the nc in early April because I knew it would run out soon.

At least we got items, crappy though they are. I mean, it's not like we paid for the nc in the first place. We got free neocash, we neglected to actually use it for anything, they took it away and gave us random items. I guess we can't really complain that much - they could have just had it expire with no compensation.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I got three neohome items on one side account (2 fences and a lamp), but on the other one I got Maraquan Exploration Helmet (+ same two fences naturally) so I'm not altogether displeased. The helmet is sort of fun *sticks on labrat*
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Rah

Post by Rah »

From 10th July Editorial:

"What?!? No Flotsam clothes on Flotsam Day? Did you forget? ~biipa
Embarrassingly enough, yes, actually. We made a scheduling error and forgot to include new clothing for Flotsams on their special day. D: No worries, though! Flotsams will have two new sets of clothing later this month!"

It amused me to have them admit to being human! For some reason this was one of those posts that made me feel a bit of kinship with them xD

Also, the whole Fox News thing was addressed. Totally glossed over the whole CG thing :/
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Rah wrote:Also, the whole Fox News thing was addressed. Totally glossed over the whole CG thing :/
Yeah, they pretty much said "We acknowledge the media coverage but we have no comment at this time." More to come?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Recently I saw an article on Fox about Neopets security, I don't know what to believe since I haven't heard anything official from you guys but the guys at Fox have me scared. Can you please clear up this whole situation for me by explaining it? :| Love you guys, your awesome.;D ~overduse
This is a beautifully worded question. Props to overduse for getting through to the editorial by saying gently, but expecting a legit answer. I'm positive a billion people asked a similar question, but were omitted because it had the word "CG" in it.

It's sad that it took news exposure for them to acknowledge the CG epidemic "scamming", when they would have otherwise been silent or overtly denied it. (Can't scare away our paying customers.)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Completely unrelated, but my question got in. 8D First time that's ever happened. It's the very first one, too. This makes me stupidly happy, probably because I just got home from work and I was in a very crappy mood...
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I saw the whole "CG? What CG?" thing coming, actually, but it still saddens me :/ And it's even sadder that they wouldn't address it if FOX hadn't done a (hilarious) article on them.

And yeah, kudos to overduse for sending in a nicely-worded question c:.

(Did anyone else notice that they were gushing over how nice it was to answer a simple question at the end, but they didn't actually answer it? o_o;)
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie