Disco and Camouflage Gelert

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Disco and Camouflage Gelert

Post by Nogitsune »

A bit early, but jellyneo has them and I was told it's okay to post them here.

ImageImage

What do you know, Disco isn't too shabby! It could use some accessories, though. Camouflage is pretty cool too.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Disco and Camouflage Gelert

Post by TCStarwind »

Disco is not very disco-y. Needs moar bright, screaming colors and seed pod markings. I like the camo, though. The colors go very well together. Looks a bit undershaded, but most camos tend to.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I rather like Camo too, the colors used at least, but I agree, it looks a bit undershaded. It somehow suits the Gelert though xD

Disco needs accessories ;_; Its sad they have this customization system now but they don't really give a whole lot of accessories to pets who could really use them. Disco is a fine excuse to go all out - at least give it a bandana or some funky glasses or a peace symbol or something! Oh well, I kind of like how it's a bit underdone, pattern wise. I hate Disco pets that are so covered with paislies and stars you can hardly see the pet underneath.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Yeah, the disco's bare chest is just crying out for some bling. Dark glasses would also be cool!

Camo is nice and solid though!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Cool, my predictions from your thread were correct! Granted I said we were likely to get invisible, but I had these two as my second choices.
Camo is rather neat, I like the colors used. Disco is Disco and enough said.
I sort of wish we hadn't gotten two green colored pets though.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
pistons0794

Post by pistons0794 »

Disco needs accessories.

Camo would be MUCH better if they would just replace the white with a lighter shade of grey. Using plain white makes the pet look very flat.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

I want MORE FEDORAS on disco pets. I'm not sure if that's disco-esque, but I think this would look neat with a fedora.

Yeah, it just seems so blank, I guess.

Camo is....camo? Not really a lot to it. I wouldn't really want one, but I don't begrudge it anything.
varii

Post by varii »

I do not like Gelerts. Their hind leg freaks me out. That being said, there have been some colours released lately where I dislike the species, but love it with the specific colour. That being said, I think both of these are atrocious even for the Gelert. They both look totally a mess to me.

If they are going to quarter ass (yes, not even half) disco, they should just give up on it altogether. I don't like the pink nose here and the few random paisley stamps and a few asterisks look so lame. I think disco should be added to the keyquest brushes, it has become that bad.

Camo reminds me of doublemint gum. And I'm no camo expert, but I think having a huge white patch on the belly kind of defeats the purpose. Next time I wash my boyfriend's fatigues I shall put a giant white circle on the chest and see how that works out.
rei @ neopets
Madge

Post by Madge »

The white circle on the chest kind of makes sense from an animal's point of view - just look at a deer:

It's got spots so that way from above it blends in with the dappled forest light, and has a white belly so that way from below it blends in with the sun to a smaller creature looking up.

This is more evident in sea creatures - eg sharks/dolphins.

That said, I'm not sure if deer specifically have a reason to camouflage in this way but it was the first example I could think of. Their pale belly might have some other cause since I can't really think of many creatures trying to find a deer from below in order to kill it, or the deer trying to catch creatures that are lower down.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Naw, he's like a great white shark. When viewed from below, he blends in with the sky!
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

Yeah I was thinking of a shark but deer look more like gelerts with patterns an' all.

Also I have tried sending your neopets account a tyrannian lupe tooth from my side like 6 times and you always let it time out. :(
Lexicon

Post by Lexicon »

I loved the camo, personally-- that's why I painted my dear Saturday camo as soon as the news went up. Even though I love gelerts, there has always been something that had bothered me-- their necks. xD I'm not sure why, but in these two paint-jobs, it's a little more apparent than usual.

Camo seems pretty well-shaded-- well, as shaded as camo can be. I also like its near-white paws-- something about it makes me think that it's just eaten cake. <3 I'm personally disappointed with disco, because it's nowhere near as epic as the Kacheek's. The green also looks weird. Maybe the shade...

Disco should've been replaced with a cool colour like zombie or something. >: -siiigh- I guess I'll have to wait until next year.
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

I love the Camo gelert and painted mine the second it came out ..

here's a pic of her blending well with the background ;)