Darigan and Chocolate Chombies

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Larkspurlane

Darigan and Chocolate Chombies

Post by Larkspurlane »

ImageImage

(Credit to the NTWF for images.)
Spoiler: open/close
I'm impressed! Darigan looks rugged and dinosaur-ish in the cool way, not the dumb barney and friends way. And chocolate has WAFFLE BACK-PLATES! Wowowowowow. Two cool colours IMO.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Darigan and Chocolate Chombies

Post by AngharadTy »

Wow. They're both better than I would have expected--Darigan has some of the zing of pre-customization repose Darigans, even. The wings are well done, the patterning is lovely, especially on the head, and the spikes... actually pretty damn cool.

And chocolate had a lot of thought put into it! That's really impressive!
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Chocolate is VERY nice for a chocolate pet! I adore the little markings on the side and the waffle cone spikes.
Darigan is also probably the best Darigan pet since V2. I think I would have liked the muzzle to be a bit more pronounced, but that's a minor point. I really really adore its wings.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Wow, these had some actual thought put into them! I love the horns and the tail (and the claws, and the spikes, and especially the eyes!) on the Darigan. I even like the silly little useless wings. I would have liked a slightly longer (beakier) snout, but this is still an impressive pet. I'm glad they made it blue, too; it looks so much better than purple. Chocolate is lovely -- it's decorated like those fancy eggs! And it has waffle pieces AND chocolate coating AND whipped cream AND a cherry!
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The darigan is freaking awesome! :D TNT can still make cool darigan pets. I kinda want one of these, actually. Maybe I'll morph Seiyre into after I save up enough for a certain avatar. I did want to make him a pirate xweetok, but this is much much cooler.

The chocolate is nice, too. Very resourceful. I like the designs on the face and body. The way the whipped cream curls around kinda bothers me, but it's not too annoying.
baka_boy_911

Post by baka_boy_911 »

Love ALL darigan colours! especially this one! Very awed, I love the spikes, and the new tattoo on it's waist. 10/10! Two thumbs up!
covet

Post by covet »

Wow. Gosh, these look so much better than I'd have expected. This might be the first chocolate pet I've actually liked - the decorative print on it's face and side really work. Darigan is very nice, too.

There are so few post-custom pets that don't look like I could draw them myself, these really stand out.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Kudosandhuzzah

Post by Kudosandhuzzah »

I think the darigan is very well done - certainly wouldn't pay for one, but it's nice. The chocolate is lovely though. The waffles, the white chocolate detailing, I love everything on it except for the strange whipped cream tip.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Chombies must have one of the best artists assigned to them, or at least one that actually puts a lot of effort and thought in to them. The v2 chomby is actually really nice and one of the best improvements on a pet, so I'm not actually too surprised that these are equally well done, but I was braced for something worse.

I'm actually tempted to try to get one of these... Too bad chombies are limited edition with rather expensive morphing options, makes labbing for chocolate difficult.
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

Oh, my. I may have to re-think my plans for Ghadivah! I'd been leaning towards making her a Chocolate Usul after I'm done zapping (whenever that may be), but the details on the chomby are gorgeous.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

How surprising!

The cookies (or ice-cream cone bits) comprising the chocolate Chomby's back spikes are perfect, and the shapes of the goopy chocolate and whipped cream are lovely. Those intricate little designs are also nice touches. Even the shading is beautiful!

The Darigan is also way better than I would've expected, with great-looking claws that don't look pasted on, a break from the overused purple, and nice transparency on the wings. Both of these are pets I'd be happy to own, and I'm not even much of a Chomby fan.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Translucent wings? Tail spike that doesn't look glued on? Jagged mouth line? Decent eyes?

Gloopy chocolate that looks edible? Cute added decorations? Thought put into the accents? Cherry on top?

Are these really v2 pets? I'm with tiel; chombies have lucked out and gotten an artist worth their salt. Been some time since neo has put out some pets I felt were worth commenting on. I think the last time was the desert draik, and only then as I had a vested interest in seeing what it'd turn out like.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, these are NICE! I sure never thought of Chombies being anything worth looking at (just personal opinion). I think the only thing I don't like is the loop in the whip on the Chocolate. But the details are nice (yay alternate spotting styles!), and TONS of creativity flowed into these.
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

Good grief. How amazing are these. I actually love them both.

The claws/horns/spikes/markings are just RIGHT on the darigan.

And the chocolate looks yum. I love the waffle spikes and the intricate detailing.

I would pay for both of these.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:I think the only thing I don't like is the loop in the whip on the Chocolate.
I love that part! Someone came by and took a swipe of whipped cream with their finger. Hehehe.
Image Image