Glade Pets!

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Iggy

Re: Glade Pets!

Post by Iggy »

because it just restocking rarely into Seedlings is never going to help the price drop.
Considering how many brags I saw about people getting them from quests, perhaps questing is a good option?

One tip. All item giving quests, but Mori/Nori, Oracle and another one than I obviously forgot have odds to give it out. Should you be smart. And, I'd advice against doing Alexander right now, all rare/super rare books have apeshit prices.

This includes Quentin, Pete, Maleria, Wizard and Toy.

And Sayle-bb. If I get a pitcher, it's yours. :)
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

For the record, I've seen some of the potions go for 10 million and under. I honestly don't think that the price is going to stay as high as it is now for long. Some people are willing to pay 40 million to be the first to have a certain pet, but there aren't too many of those people. The price should settle once the novelty wears off. I also predict that the potion's price will be lower than the pitcher's price in the end, thanks to people who are only interested in the achievement.
Iggy wrote:And Sayle-bb. If I get a pitcher, it's yours. :)
No, silly! I might have enough pure to miracle potion three of my pets right now anyway, so I'd feel like guilty taking handouts. :P I think I'll wait a few months for the prices to drop and perhaps for more names to be available, and have my dream pets at once.

Meanwhile, I've been doing the quests I don't normally do in hopes of getting one (I appreciate Maleria more now), and keeping a 1000 point wizard token ready just in case. Zapping for the colour might not be a bad idea either.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Jessibean wrote:we don't all have 28 million to blow on a potion whenever we want.
Really, this should just end with:
Jessibean wrote:we don't all have 28 million to blow on a potion.
I can't believe how rich some of you are. I think I leak more money than I make.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Sayle wrote:I guess most of all, I don't understand why this particular change provoked such a strong reaction in the comments. It's unnecessary at worst (though it was part of the plan from the start and I personally like the touch of e-ecofriendliness :P), but it didn't actually change the amount of pitchers/potions in circulation. Straw that broke the camel's back, I guess? XD
Pretty much yeah. I think ecofriendliness on the site is a good thing, however the way and timing it was implemented sucked. There's now one more step to overcome in getting an already hard to get color so that makes people cranky. It's also not fair at all to people in other time zones, who may have work, sleep, whatever during the two brief hours the Glade is open. Someone on the comments suggested having it open two days a week, and I think that's a much fairer idea overall and hope it gets considered.

But you aren't alone in needing 3 or 4 Glade pets! I only have one at the moment (*Hugs Kora*) but I /need/ a Glade Legeica so my pet Thicket and Jessi's pet Copse can be pretty pretty sisters. And I have a feeling that I'll be getting tons more Glade pets! My account shall be overrun with Glacier and Glade it seems :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Rah

Post by Rah »

I might keep an eye on the adoption center to see if one of the pets I want goes UFA (someone who lucky zaps, maybe?) and then use an enchanted hypnosis wand on it to change the name!

Then it would only cost me $10 for my glade pet! Well. $20 actually, because I have the names I want to use already xD I'd have to rename two pets :x

STILL CHEAPER THAN THIS DARNED POTION.

I'm having trouble deciding who I want to change anyway. I've had my pet Rah as a chibi kora for so long now (nearly 5 years) that it just feels wrong to change her!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

It looks like one of the times is 8am subeta time, as Dablumeanie created a potion a little after 8:00am.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

I agree with everyone that the change to the glad is not really that good.

I LIKE the idea of eco-friendliness and whatnot, but what I can't understand is why they just didn't make it that you could only visit the glade twice a day - at whatever time you wanted. Is there not some kind of code they could impliment that after you've visited it twice, when you try to visit it again it brings up a page that says you're not allowed to enter? That way it would be better for everyone and you wouldn't have to worry about being at the site at a specific time window. To me this would make the situation a little better - even though the potion is a lot more unattainable then the other potions. :(

I NEED the legacia. I've liked legacia's since they were introduced, but never found one I really loved - and this one is it. I'll probably have to re-potion a pet, and I'm not sure which one it'll be yet, but I def. want one of those legacia's!
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

8am Subeta time? That's . . . 5am my time. Ouch.
Iggy wrote:One tip. All item giving quests, but Mori/Nori, Oracle and another one than I obviously forgot have odds to give it out. Should you be smart. And, I'd advice against doing Alexander right now, all rare/super rare books have apeshit prices. This includes Quentin, Pete, Maleria, Wizard and Toy.
Good idea, at least until Keith ups the rarity to 99.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Good idea, at least until Keith ups the rarity to 99.
Lizard events, crack the safe, and perhaps some quests still go r99.

r98 and r97 are much more fearsome
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I expect that the hours of entrance to the Glade will change every day (like Turmaculus). Otherwise I would have expected the Chancellor to post times in his news post.

I don't see the potion prices sinking anytime soon either, and it is because so few were released in the Token Shop (I'd also like to reestablish how baffled I was that the pitchers were worth 300 tokens more than the other potions, especially when the Nightmare Potions weren't subjected to this treatment when they were first released in the TS). It's great that they're restocking in Seedlings, but even at r81, how many are actually being released each day? (I honestly don't know; I'm assuming it's less than two dozen.)

The fact that, despite the staff's efforts to make the potion more available for the moment, I still can't find a Glade Potion OR an Ornate Floral Pitcher in the user shops indicates to me that there are not nearly enough potions on the site right now to compete with the incredible demand. If this is the way things are now, I can't even imagine how difficult it will be to get a pitcher when they become r99. The potions shouldn't be easy-as-pie to obtain, but they should at least be obtainable.

(ETA: I do acknowledge that since the potion came out less than a week ago it makes sense for it to be difficult to get, but unless this r81 label lasts for a few months I don't see how this price/stock situation will improve. ETA 2: Another potion restock! Thank you. :D )
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 05 May 2009 06:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Everyone here has already made points I feel a lot better then me. I'm bummed by the hardness to get the potion mostly because of how much I want one. Though I know since it's new there is a lot of hype and people doing grabby hands to get the shiny new pets. And after awhile the hype will lessen and the price will drop to a price that is more affordable. I'm willing to wait for that. I just hope it doesn't take a long time for that to happen cause I really want atleast one. What I'm hoping is I get lucky with a quest and get one that way before the rarity goes up, heh.

Anywho, onto the pets!
The Irion is alright to me. It is quiet pretty but it just doesn't do it for me. I like the tail feathers turned into leaves, nice touch there. I find the wings look shrunk but that could be just the angle.
The Kerubi is quiet cute. Shading is nice and the pose fits it perfectly.
I love the aura on the Keeto! I love the viney effect that it was given, very nice touch. I love the shading on it too and the leaf tail.
The Kora is omg wow! When I first checked the news I let out a big "awwwww!". It's just so damn cute! I'm totally in love with it! The pose reminds me of my dog, he does almost the same pose. I think this will be the glade pet I will get. The personality fits the character I was going to make so perfectly. This is my top favorite glade pet so far.
Finally, a new Legeica colour! I thought I'd have to wait forever for one of these but I didn't, yayness! When I first planned on getting a glade pet, the character I planned on useing it for is a horse. So I was planning Legecia or heiki. But then Rah went and did a super cute Kora so I think that is what he'll be. Anywho, the Legeica is beautiful! I love the way the fur looks like that of a weeping willow. The bark look of the scales are a nice touch. And the look on it's face, so serene.

Man, if they keep this up I won't know which pet to go with, ugh! XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I noticed this on the front page.

Gladetelaninesoonplz? All the rest seem to be already created glade pets, so I'm hoping the telanine will come out soon too. I have a soft spot for them.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Right now, interestingly enough, the potions themselves are about 10 million cheaper than the pitchers.

Oh. I know why. The pitchers get you the pet and the achievement. Makes sense.

But, if all you want is the pet, then the potion would be the way to go.

Me, I'm zapping and questing. The chances of me being home from work, on the site, and actually doing something where I'll notice a new news post (as opposed to sitting blindly in my wardrobe dicking around) are slim. And also none.

So we'll see how far I get with the zappers. And the questing. Etc.

Seven come eleven, baby needs a pretty new color.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Kamil, the funny thing is, right now, less than 24 hours later, the pitchers are of course cheaper than the potion. I guess the moral of the story is, check both before you buy, for sure xD
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

New Paralix and Telenine,

Image Image

Another nice pair of Glade pets! The Paralix is nice, I like the back fur especially. The front legs look a little long but I'm not great with anatomy, it's probably just me! The Telenine is lovely, too, it looks very soft and I like the really big flowers on it.