It's that time again: Background Thread! [image heavy!]

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

It's that time again: Background Thread! [image heavy!]

Post by Jessi »

We haven't had one in a while, and I love these threads xD

For once, I am not sporting a background from my favorite anime, Tactics, though I was up until about 5 minutes ago!

(I resized it in photobucket, so it's kind of blurry - there's a copy I resized myself here, it's a bit bigger but still not my actual resolution)

Lindsey showed me that image today and I died of cuteness, then showed it to Ty. I mentioned I wanted it as my BG but it came out all pixely. Like an hour later Ty asked me for my screen resolution, and the next thing I knew she was giving me that beautiful background she made for me! Hee, I love you Ty.

I don't keep a lot on my desktop - just the programs I use most often (..rofl yes, that includes RO and Sims. Really, Word should be there too) and a few folders. I move my icons around a lot too, depending on my BG XD
Kari

Re: It's that time again: Background Thread! [image heavy!]

Post by Kari »

Ooo, I'll play. I'd take screenshots but my Mac is turned off and I'm too lazy to do the desktop. Anyway, links to pictures!

PC: Got a nice Persona 4 desktop on, even though I haven't touched the game in months.

Mac: Katawa Shoujo themed because it's an AWESOME game. The copy on my Mac is cropped off at the top some to fit my resolution, since I wanted all the characters fully on the screen.
derp
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Click here for bigger, though still not full size

I already had Photoshop open, of course, from the rat background, so I figured why not. Jessi assures me I haven't had this one up long enough to have posted here already. I'm thinking of changing it, but I'm also lazy.

The image is by Andrew Jones who is amazing and you should all visit his site because of how amazing his work is. Derek has a desktop of his art, too, so we match. It looks nice with our computers next to each other, after all.

Hmm, I haven't played Asda Story in weeks; I guess I could remove the icon. The thing I've been playing most (Free Realms) is browser-launched, so no desktop icon for that.
Image Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

This made me realize that I didn't have a desktop background! Dunno how it disappeared, but whatever.
My new background is this picture of my cat, Goober, yawning:
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

I'm not convinced that this is going to stay, I usually like something a little darker. Before this, I was using the river rocks background that came loaded with Vista. I'm hoping something a little bit brighter and happy looking will snap me out of my current mindset.
Subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

For my mac side, it's pretty much the exact same as last time this thread was posted! I'm too lazy to reboot into mac to take a new screenie, so I'll just use the old one. I've got a few more icons now and rearranged the sidebar.

Click for larger image

Now, for the windows side, it's a boring default strangely stretched background. The picture I used for the Mac side looks really odd at the resolution on the windows side, so did most other pictures I tried using. I'm not graphics savvy enough to crop/make my own so I just make do with pixely hills :P
Not terribly exciting. I've got a few games up there that I play but that's about it.

Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

This is mine,

I saw this picture on DA and I really liked it, so it's been my background for a while.
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

I knew that the fantasy fish one was too...not me to last. I like this one much better :)

From this picture on DeviantArt.
Subeta
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Oooookami!

I found it on DA during the Okami art contest and was completely amazed. It's so detailed! I think it's done in some traditional southeast Asian art style. Thai, maybe? I forget. I also forget who the artist is. Shameful! I feel guilty because I've enjoyed the image every day for months now. Maybe the contest is archived and I can go re-educate myself.

Edit: Aaaaand I just noticed for the VERY FIRST TIME that the artist tagged the bottom right corner. I.... yes. Hmmm. Well done, me.

http://ashiong.deviantart.com/
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I love these threads! It's so fun to see everyone's desktops. Everyone has such pretty desktops. My desktops change quiet a bit. They have been know to stay up no longer then a week. Though lately I have been keeping them up longer. All matters my mood. And they tend to be anime most of the time. ^-^' Here is the one I have up now.
I love Roy! How can you not love Roy. Him and Ed make such a cute couple too. **swoons** The one thing I miss from my old computer (I now use the new one my wife bought before I got up here.) is having my windows and everything go with my desktop. But I haven't really figured it out how to do that with vista. And I miss all my themes I had for my winamp. For some reason I can't get them to work for me on this computer. **grumbles** Oh and as you can tell, I'm to lazy to delete all my Sims icons. XD I like to show off all the Sims I have. And ignore that add new item thing. I don't know what it is. It tends to show up now and again when I restart my computer. So annoying.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

A little late to the party as usual. XD

Finally got around to cleaning my desktop a bit. On a good day, I'll usually only have the first two columns of icons and then a third column with only the top two folders (more like this). I still have to organize/delete the rest of those.

So, yes; here's my background. That's a picture I took at a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert this January. It's Alex Skolnick. I've been using this picture for my wallpaper for a couple months now. Before it was a picture of Chris Caffery from the same concert (linked above). XD And then along the taskbar you can see my oldass version of photoshop, music, and interwebs. Cool points for anyone who knows what band did the "Handfull of Rain" album without googling it. 8D' And hey, there's my currant "art project" and Aqua's Pokememe. <3
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That's odd. I didn't know there was a Wookiee in the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
Image Image
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

That's a picture my friend did for college, it's Jason Statham fighting a balrog.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

You mean you didn't know, Ty? There are tons of them.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Ooh, there's some pretty neat wallpapers. :o

This is mine. :x Pretty simple, I made it myself.. Actual screensize is 1680 x 1050.