Darigan and Strawberry Nimmo

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Bagerzz

Darigan and Strawberry Nimmo

Post by Bagerzz »

Image Image

I actually kind of like Darigan now, its grown on me. XD

But the arms and legs totally ruin what could have been a awesome color.

And the only thing I like about strawberry is the leaves/hair.
Last edited by Bagerzz on 16 Jun 2009 07:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Katy... :)

Re: Darigan and Strawberry Nimmo

Post by Katy... :) »

Hmmm. Don't really know what to think. I personally hate the Nimmo. I think it's one of the most un-original pets there is.

I sort of like the leaves on the head of the Strawberry, but doesn the normal Nimmo have hair? -goes to check- No... So why would they do hair in leaves. It seems like just something they decided to slap on there in order to make it look more Strawberry.

The Darigan has some neat ideas, but it also looks thrown together. Like how the bottom of the left wing touches the tail and makes it look odd. Also the mouth is neat, but it just looks scribbled on. My last complaint would be the nails on the hand, because of the hand positioning it totally looks like it's giving you a thumbs-up. Doesn't really fit a Darigan Personality in my opinion. (Edit - Urgg... I just noticed the nail on the thumb on the right hand is touching the right wing. So sloppy. Removed my pics since you've got the originals fixed.)

Anyways, all and all, I'm not impressed, and I had pretty high hopes since Quiggle Day was a success in my mind. Oh well.. We'll see what they have in store for Kau Day.
Last edited by Katy... :) on 15 Jun 2009 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I fixed your code (use the bbcode tags, not html). And please don't double-post. =) (Edit: I mean you can use the edit button instead! Like I use. A lot. Three times in this post!)

On a non-mod note: what the deuce is up with the strawberry? Why are its legs green? Windmills do not work that way.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Poor Nimmo...one of the pets that got stuck with a horrible base pose. :(

I rather like Darigan..but cant help what to think it wouldve been like before 2.0..hey, at least its not purple?
Image Image
ImageImage
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Ugh, the strawberry is so lazy - I can barely see the seeds! Nimmos are pretty ugly anyway. I like that the Darigan isn't purple, but we've seen that Darigan post-customisation can be good and not like...this. The person who designed the Darigan Chomby is not the same person that designed this Darigan pet, I don't think.

Like Katy said, the ideas behind Darigan are kind of cool - I like the tattered wings, the actually quite evil eyes and the wartiness on the legs and face. The ideas just don't quite work.
varii

Post by varii »

Strawberry is ugly. I cannot imagine anyone having a Strawberry Nimmo by choice.

I feel about Darigan kind of like I did for the Robot Quiggle, except I like the robot quiggle more. I really love the head, the wings, the tail, the underbelly and the general colouring. However, the Nimmo's overall body structure is so ugly I don't think any colour can really look good on it.
rei @ neopets
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I actually kinda like the draigan. Kinda reminds me of Gremlins. But the arms and legs are awful (like they are on the entire species).

Strawberry is lame.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Strawberry looks so flat and saturated. The colours don't mesh at all. It's blinding. Not a fan. The Darigan Nimmo, on the other hand... haha, perhaps even more disappointing. It looks like it was rejected from Neoquest I... I'm sure I've seen a very similar design on the site before. I think the mouth reminds me of the Spyke things or whatever they're called.
Subeta: Thomas
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Hm... strawberry looks like it has a stubble.

Darigan, oh my, what inspired that mouth? They actually make some sense in the big image here, but in the smaller one in the news they look like a joke.
Its angry image looks nicely scary though.

Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

zebru wrote:Hm... strawberry looks like it has a stubble.

Darigan, oh my, what inspired that mouth? They actually make some sense in the big image here, but in the smaller one in the news they look like a joke.
Its angry image looks nicely scary though.
I suspect the mouth was inspired by a Venus fly trap: Image Image
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

For some reason Im remind of the old angry Mutant Koi pose..lol
Image Image
ImageImage
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I've never noticed before now, but the nimmo kind of looks like the fonz.
ICPfandom

Post by ICPfandom »

Eww. I dislike both. The Mouth is totally annoying to me. It looks weird to me. I do like the wings, but thats about it... The Strawberry Hair is cute but the body is wayy too unorigional. Blahh Overall FAIL. Darigan Disapointment.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The more I look at it, the more I see that nothing could redeem making a GOOD Darigan out of the Nimmo...the post, kills it. :\ ..as opposed to, ..the Chomby. Which is just the same post as the old one, but updated, but it looks like it has MORE freedom to add things to it...but the Nimmo...with its awkward SPREAD EAGLE pose..well...it definitely caught the short end of the 2.0 stick.

The hands, first of , curled up like that..no wonder they couldnt make nice sharp EVIL looking claws.

The feet...the body..yea.. :|
Image Image
ImageImage
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

I mostly find myself wondering why the Darigan's eyes are a different color in the 'angry' pose.