Ice and Speckled Tuskaninny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Ice and Speckled Tuskaninny

Post by Nogitsune »

Image Image

In an apparent attempt to make up for the nice colours that were accidentally released Ixi Day, Neopets have now released the Glass - er Ice Tuskanniny and the Polkadotted - er Speckled Tuskaninny.

Tuskaninnys did not make out with these colours, especially with the potential Speckled had...
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Bagerzz

Re: Ice and Speckled Tuskaninny

Post by Bagerzz »

I like how the mouth on the ice tusk looks sharper, and more pointy. Looks like something I'd own. c:

Speckled is kind of boring, its the exact same thing as any other speckled pet. :/

I think Tusks are beginning to grow on me. =D
Last edited by Bagerzz on 13 Jul 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Aw, I actually like them quite a bit, despite not liking Speckled in general.

The Ice is a fairly nice color, shiny, somewhat transparent, and slightly angular. I really like the "shading" on it.

Speckled - although the color overall doesn't impress me, the distribution of the white is actually pretty well done, notably on the cheeks (none on the muzzle) and tail.

I'm still not enough of a fan of either the pet or the colors to get either of these, but I think they're welcome additions to Neopia.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

I suppose I should add that, on the plus side, the Ice does attempt to give an 'edge' to the Tuskaninny's appearance and, given customization, is probably about as far as they could go for a redraw. And the hair and tail of the Speckled Tuskanniny aren't too bad - I just wish the spots looked more... natural somehow...
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

In places the Ice Tuskaninny has the angular shape of a malformed Fox's Glacier Mint, which isn't a bad thing I guess. Speckled was an open invitation for a more seal-like mottled colouring but instead they've opted for a conventional (and rather regular) polkadotting. Competent but neither are a must-have for me.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Well, the spotted tusk was already seal colored, so making another one would really be pushing it.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of speckled, but ice is decent enough. It is somewhat pointy.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I really like the tail on the ice tusk =)
It's jagged and looks like icicles, also the mouth is slightly more angular than a regular tusk.

Speckled is cute, but lacks when compared to other speckled pets like the speckled kau...
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
Rah

Post by Rah »

I've never really understood speckled. Green with white spots? Why? I don't get why anyone would like ANY speckled pet xD It's such a stupid colour to me.

Ice's tail is all raggedy, instead of sharp and icicle-y. It looks like material, not hard like ice. Otherwise I don't mind it :3
Mimzi

Post by Mimzi »

Okay, I'll be honest in my opinion.

Speckled makes the Tuskaninny look fat.

Ice, is......okay-ish. I mean, the shading nice. But the tail looks.....floopy. It should be more jagged.

I dunno, after the awesome Ixi Day colors, this is a bit of let down.

Jeez, I'm talking as if I've been here forever, but this is only my second post here (third if you count my intro thread) but I've stalked this site for so long, I kinda have been here forever.

EDIT: Oh, and how come TUSKaninnys don't actually have any tusks?
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, it never made sense to me that they don't have tusks. But they're Ninnies too, so...yeah. :-P
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:Yeah, it never made sense to me that they don't have tusks. But they're Ninnies too, so...yeah. :-P
This made me laugh. XD Win.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I actually rather like these. Ice really does have the sheen of a rounded ice cube, and I think the tail is rather well done. Speckled is, well, Speckled, but I like the varied size and placement of the spots-- I know this is a strange thing to say about a Neopet, but it makes it look more realistic somehow.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

For Ice and Speckled, these colours are pretty nice! I'm rather fond of Tuskaninnies, I'm glad they aren't hideous at least. Ice really does look like ice, and I like the jagged mouth and tail.

Speckled is blah and not as nice as say, the Speckled Kau, but there is some nice varigation on the tail at least.
varii

Post by varii »

Staring at these trying to think of something to say other than 'Eh' made me realise that I really don't like how their body sits and is positioned. Tuskaninnys have always been a pet that doesn't really register with me however I am not impressed with either of these. I hate the excuse of 'oh well in the pose constraints' because we have had nice colour fills post 2.0, it just takes some effort and it looks like very, very little went into these. Sure, some pets are just ugly and cannot be salvaged and some colours are just bland but that doesn't mean the artist should just be able to phone it in. :/ Grr.

To say something nice: Both of the tails look like some effort and thought may have been put into them. I'm sure tuskaninny owners appreciate that.
rei @ neopets