Hydrus Cadogre and Terracoon

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Hydrus Cadogre and Terracoon

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage

I love the floating pose of the Cadogre, and the darker then usual colors. The big fins are a neat touch and rather pretty. I like how the circles on the tail are all in a line, reminds me of those deep sea fishes sensory-organ-thingies-whatever-they-are.

Yay for more Terracoon colors. The light tipped ears are neat and I love the expression. Hehe, he's got a snail on his shoulder!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Bacon

Re: Hydrus Cadogra and Terracoon

Post by Bacon »

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't dig the Cadogre that much. Since it's a robotic pet, I figured with the Hydrus color they could make it look rusty a bit and you know... "metal" it up...

Love the Terracoon though!
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

The Terracoon is a Terracoon. They're nice enough, but I've always sort of seen them as thoroughly nondescript.

I admit I'm a little disappointed that the Cadogre didn't go for a rusted-underwater-metal look, but this is pretty too - I agree with Seerow about the deeper colors, and the pose is really natural. I am pleased; new Cadogre colors are always nice.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

What good is a rusted pet to Merana? ;) Cadogres aren't my favorite species, but I think this is lovely. It has quite a good metallic look to it--very shiny. And the barnacles are a great touch. I love the sail-fins; I usually love that kind of thing on hydrus pets.

I like the sail on the terracoon, too.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Hydrus Cadogre and Terracoon

Post by TCStarwind »

The cadogre is nice. It looks more like an armored animal than a robot, though. But I love the way its tail curls around, and the darker colors are really working for it.

The terracoon is okay. It's got a flower on its rump, and the fin is fairly nice, but I've always seen terracoons as a fairly bland species, so this color doesn't really excite me. And I know it's the same color as most of the other hyrus pets, but I'm liking the darker shade of the cadogre more. :/
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I love the cadogre! I've always had a soft spot for them and I'm so happy to see them get some more colours. I love the way the back fins look and the dark brown that was used. I also like the floating pose. My favorite little touch (if I'm not mistaken) is the little fish on it's chest. It's got it's own fish finder! XD Such a cute idea!

The terracoon is nice. Nice shadeing and the markings are nice. The little snail is so cute!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
stinkbomb

Post by stinkbomb »

I want to like the cadogre, I really do. But the expression is killing it for me. A bucktoothed fanged look that keeps making me think of Bubba J

Image Image

The sails are lovely, the color itself is a really nice rich shade of brown I wish was used more often. It's just the mouth.. I can't get past that

The terracoon.. meh.. it's a terracoon, and while nicely drawn is lacking any sort of "specialness" about it. It's a bland hydrus, but then they aren't a favorite of mine regardless of the color, so that was not really a surprise.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I have to agree with Ty on this one - the Hydrus pets are cursed by Merena to do her bidding, as far as I know. A broken-down rusty machine is hardly going to be useful for that. Also, I always saw Hydrus pets as having been transformed to be adapted to water - so a pet like that, even if it was made of metal, would be made to not rust. Rust seems more fitting for GY in this case.

I find the barnacles to be far more interesting than rust would have been! Just like a ship that's been sitting too long and gets covered by them. A sloooow moving hydrus in the water would be the perfect home for barnacles. Also, the back fins are -gorgeous-!

The Terracoon is quite nice, especially the backfin, though something about its mouth is a bit off to me somehow. Not sure what it is -it's muzzle seems very long and narrow perhaps? But the colors on it are really nice, and I do love that backfin.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Hydrus is one of my favorite colors when it's done well, since there's so much potential for neat additions and pet transformations. Unfortunately, the terracoon isn't at all exciting. It has some nice details, but I can't help comparing it against my awesome sea-bunny.

I like the darker colors of the cadogre, and the idea of a robotic creature slowly whirring through the ocean is creative and neat. The barnacles and sail-fins are nice touches.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Lol the terracoon is such a filler pet.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I'm not a fan of Cadogres, but this ones ok. I think the body looks great, and the barnacles are a really nice touch, the fins look good, too, it's just something about the face that's bothering. I'm not quite sure what it is, but it looks kind of...goofy? Not sure if that's the right word but there's just something off about it. Overall, the artwork's lovely, it's just not a pet I'd own.

I think Rah does a great job with the Terracoons; it's not exactly a pet which gives you much to work with, but she still manages to make interesting Terracoon colours. So, yeah, I think this is really good, I love the fin along its back, and how it's a bit transparent on the head. The expression is good, and I love the little snail on its shoulder!! I'd actually quite like one of these, if only I had the space!