Food Club

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Silver Link

Food Club

Post by Silver Link »

Screw it, I'm making a topic so we can discuss daily odds, big wins and losses that make you go 'wtf?!'

I went risky today considering what happened with today's winners and the fact that the odds aren't great. I covered Franchisco and Bonnie Pip in case they pull out upsets and made a 120:1 bet that I know won't win but did it for shits and giggles anyway

Anyone else use DaqTools to help them with bets? It's much easier to use that as a guide instead of following someone else's bets
Mistress Morbid

Re: Food Club

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I've lost horribly the last 2 times, so I didn't make any bets today. >< I think I'll wait till they're a bit more stable again, seem to be a lot of upsets lately.
Image Image
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

I'm the type of person that will bet everyday if they have the money. I'm in the green so far but I need to learn to pace myself
Madge

Post by Madge »

What is this DaqTools you speak of?

I'll use google and know the answer in a bit, but I'm sure future thread readers might not be so eager to learn.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

This would be a really good place to post results too! I haven't lost too much of my profits, but I don't know if I'll bet today. I think there are too many strong (and crazies) to cover over 3 arenas. I had a dream last night that Gooblah, and Scurvy had a 100% chance of winning in their arenas because they had a blue-green star marked next to their names. (The color of the star was to match my ToW sidebar theme.)

....I REALLY need to get off this computer. :D
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

http://foodclub.daqtools.info/

Just shows percentages, not who to bet on. Not like anyone could know who'll win everyday anyway
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

How did it go today guys?

I got a 20:1, based on a Tailhook x Fairfax x Lucky x Gooblah 16:1 bet and a Tailhook x Gooblah 4:1. So I doubled my NPs today.

Total Winnings 128960 NP

Anybody bet all five arenas?
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I decided to just encircle my bets around Tailhook & Gooblah because he's had an amazing winning streak. ('cept for yesterday)

I got a 20:10. and thank goodness, I spent all 1.3m today on a Halloween PB. Today I'll post some meager bets because the odds are once again a big mess.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I had 2 Grooblah x Farfax x *blank* 8:1's come though. Go, me.

I'm really, really liking that Neodaq page. Thanks for posting it!

Until recently I've been following petpages, but I'm starting to experiment more with making my own bets. (I don't seem to like the other petpages as much as I liked Carrie's.) Particularly with the help of that tools page, it may actually be faster than following a petpage, plus more interesting.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

My bets failed today. Only used 2 arenas and both 2:1s won.
I don't make bets with less than 10:1 odds.

For tomorrow's round I focused on Lagoon and Harpoon. Both Goo and Buck look strong, but I'm hoping for an upset. I think Buck is more likely to lose. He is +3, but he tends to win more at minuses or at small positives.
I did safety Bonnie in TI. He seems to like to win in TI.

Plus, I did a 5-arena all 2:1 pirates bet and my requisite extremely unlikely random 5 pirate bonanza bet.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

That's funny, Usul Princess, I bought a Halloween Paint Brush yesterday for 1.3 million. I want the poogle clothes.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Not a fantastic day, hinged a lot of my bets on Buck winning his arena (sometimes I unknowingly rely on one or two competitors). Covered Franchisco in case he pulls an upset over Gooblah (though I don't really put too much importance on streaks) and covered Shipwreck pretty well since it seems like anything can happen there. Riskiest bet has Lucky, Franchisco, and Gooblah winning their respective arenas

I took your advice, gumdrops, and put a bet on Fairfax and Gooblah. Could be an interesting upset there

So many possibilities for this round
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Yesterday I bet small, so my win (or rather loss) was 4:6.
Today I decided to take a bit of risk and made nearly all my bets using three arenas (Lagoon, Treasure Island and Harpoon). If all 2:1 pirates win I should break even. Bonnie Pip worries me a bit, I wish I covered him instead of that breaking even bet. We'll see.

Thank you for sharing that daqtools feature - it really speeds up making the bets process for me.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Food club results are out! I bet in 3 arenas yesterday, Lagoon, Treasure Island, and Harpoon Harry's. And it paid off nicely today!

Lagoon: Buck Cutlass
Treasure Island: Federismo Corvallio
Harpoon Harry's: Franchisco Corvallio
6450 NP 42:1 270900 NP

Lagoon: Buck Cutlass
Treasure Island: Federismo Corvallio

6450 NP 6:1 38700 NP

For a nice total of 309,600 np, 48:10.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Made the same first bet, Ailiel, but only netted a little over 200k. It wasn't a terrible round, actually. I can see quite a few people winning 1 mil from a bonanza if their accounts are old enough

Tomorrow probably won't end well. I'll go safe and most likely lose some money