Human avatars

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: Human avatars

Post by Alicorn »

Maka! I just started watching that anime. I'm really enjoying it so far. Kid is my favorite. ^-^ Anywho I think you did a great job on her Joey! I think it matches her pretty well.
And everyone's costumes are looking great! So many creative ones here!

I was going to dress up as someone but couldn't decide who, so decided just to make my own. The way I made mine was just going into the wardrobe and playing around till I came up with something I liked. I made a couple but finally decided on this one...
My insane fallen angel! I like those teeth. They are fun to play with.

And I want to show off the other one I was thinking of entering, seeing as I'm happy with how it turned out. ^-^
My joker face assassin. He has to much fun on the job.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I was lazy and uncreative, and just decided to enter with my Epicon cosplay (which was posted somewhere earlier in this very thread). It still works in the spirit of Halloween, though (at least my spirit, when I was younger I usually wound up dressing as a Disney character rather than the more traditional Halloween monsters). So, if you see a blue and green haired elf girl running around, it's probably me. :D
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I wanted to enter the costume contest but there wasn't anyone or anything specific I wanted to be, so I just threw together some general creepiness. I also discovered I don't own a lot of orange so I went with red instead. I love those ghostly hands so damn much. Not just on this HA, but in general. I kind of wish I had some floating around me in real life, but you know... making friends. Hm.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Angela at the waterfront after the social. Maybe the avatar is a little too simple, but I couldn't find any severed human heads in the DB that would go at her feet.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm sad that I mis-read when the entry deadline for the costume contest was. I was going to try to make something this weekend, but it looks like I've missed it. :-(
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

It's been a month since someone posted here, yikes! Well I'll fix that.
I was playing around in the waradrobe and came up with this...
I love the Delish Mocha eyes so much. <3
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Here's my latest, something I came up with for fireside. I rather like it actually, though I wish there was a hug buddy that matched the other two dragons. I went on a bit of a spending spree and bought myself the Mysterious Maple Katana after all these years of pining.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I made a cheesy Heat Miser HA for the contest:

Ref, not that they're using refs this time.

Oops, I meant to look for something to block out that boat. Oh well, it's entered and some borrowed items are returned. I'm sure it won't get many votes anyway since it's not wintery.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Here is mine for this contest..

Had to buy the snow thing at the feet...D: apparently I didnt have it, and it was a melody item.

FIRE AND SNOW! WOO!
Image Image
ImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Heat Miser is awesome Mellaka!

Here's my entry. It's not really anything special, but I got to mess around with one of my favorite seasonal avatars :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I designed too many HAs for the contest. I will submit one of these two:

Image Image

Deciding is hard. Which would you vote for? ;)
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Oh, I don't know--I love the suggestion of Melody's severed head with the cap on the first, but who wouldn't want to get under the mistletoe with Pyramidhead?

This is mine so far. It's a Luminaire photo, I guess. Dunno if voters will understand or like the frame. The winners will most likely be the original/funny ideas but I can't think of anything beyond "random pretty girl standing in the snow" right now. I'll be content with a participation achievement and consolation prize.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I like your avatar Cyro. I think I would have understood the photo idea, allthough it could also be a person looking through a window. Either way is nice!
What hair/wig are you wearing? It looks good!

This is me:

Just a Luminaire elf (They have those?)

And I think I would vote for the piramihead/mistletoe avatar, Ty. It just looks so funny. I don't get the reference though, but I didn't get what most of the items from the last restock war stood for, so that's okay.
Last edited by Marah on 08 Dec 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

There are some really cute HAs here for the Luminaire contest! I still need to make my entry due to so many other ideas I have floating around my head at the moment, but will probably just make something boring/matchy. I experimented with backgrounds earlier though and found a pretty nice layering. :3

Cyro, maybe add the Deceptively Useless Piano Key to your HA, below the frame? I dunno if it'd cover up too much detail for your liking, but otherwise might be a good way to give the effect you're going for.
Subeta: Thomas
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Oooh, or the Mime Glass Box, for a nice shiny glass effect!

Edit: allthough that could still be a window, come to think of it...