Desert and Electric Techos

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Desert and Electric Techos

Post by Nogitsune »

Brought to you by jellyneo.

ImageImage

Both of them still suffer from what Neopets did to their eyes and tails in the revamp, but the Desert one has nice accessories, and the stripes on the Electric's tail look pretty cool and almost natural.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: Desert and Electric Techos

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

The Desert one is pretty, for a Techo. However, I'm not fond of Techos in general. Of all the pets post-Revamp, they're the species that looks most like obsolete art.

I do like the stripes on the tail, though.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The desert looks like a possessed pharaoh or something xD due to their rather strange eyes. It'd make for an interesting character at least, and the accessories are nice! Not too crowded or overdone. I like the tail rings especially.

I agree Nogitsune, the stripes on the electric's tail are rather nice. Techos are not exactly my favorite pet, and they look odd post-customization, but these colors are pretty decent on them.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Electric's a very nice colourfill. It seems to suit the Techo well. Desert looks fine too.

I've always wanted to like Techos since I'm such a reptile lover, but they indeed could use some updated artwork or better posing.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Oh, lookit his hat! It's so cute. 8D The desert has very nice accessories, although, I would prefer if its skirt were centered correctly, like the gold belt. And the electric is solidly electric. No complaints there.

But these would be so much better if the base artist has drawn their heads well. :(
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Techos always confused me... Why TNT took several steps backward in art is just odd. I kinda liked the old techo art, the old revamp was pretty nice. This version has very disturbing eyes, blah pose, and tail.

At any rate, I love the tail rings on desert. They fit perfectly, though it gives an odd visual since I would've imagined the tail in a constant motion to have that squiggle and now the tail rings would make that difficult. I also don't like that the belt gem is off centered with the rest of the outfit.

Electric I'm indifferent to. xD
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Mistress Morbid wrote:Electric's a very nice colourfill. It seems to suit the Techo well. Desert looks fine too.

I've always wanted to like Techos since I'm such a reptile lover, but they indeed could use some updated artwork or better posing.
Yeah, I once did my own Techos based on the unconverted Faerie version. I really don't know why TNT couldn't have done something more dynamic with their pets.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

i think that electric is nice but the desert could have been worked on a little more other than that i have never been a fan of the new techo look.