Pokemon HG/SS

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Kari

Re: Pokemon HG/SS

Post by Kari »

I decided to do a gimmick team again: all female "cute" Pokemon. So my starting team is Cyndaquil, Mareep, Skitty, Tropius, Seel, and Eevee. The Eevee's going to be an Espeon in the end, the others are obvious. The Cyndaquil is the actual starter I get in game, the rest are sitting in eggs on my Plat cart waiting to be transfered over.

Which probably won't be until late next week because I ordered online with cheap shipping :(
derp
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Just curious-- who is going to try and recreate their old teams from 2ndGen?
Not me, my 2nd gen team was notoriously vulnerable to ice! Scyther and Meganium and Graveler and Skarmory. :)

As I'm into two things, Pokémon and hockey, my teams will be built around NHL teams, the starter being for a goaltender. Goal will be Maple Leaf based (Totodile starter, for Jonas Gustavsson, and the trainer being Brian)and having manly stuff like Machamp and silver will be Canadiens based (Cyndaquil starter, for Carey Price, and the trainer will be Bob) with tiny things like Lombre.

Yes. I'm bringing nerdy to a whole new lever.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Is it possible to trade pokemon between HGSS and, say, Platinum? I assume it is, but I'm not sure. I like playing my games with all three starters, and I'm only getting SS (and my brother and sister aren't getting their versions until later in the month). But I want to start playing LIEKNAO, and I'll def need it for my daily train rides to and from college.

Come soon, Tomorrow! 8(
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

TC, from what I read you're able to trade between HGSS and Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

I'm so excited! I hate having to wait for mine to come in the mail but it is so worth the wait. I already have my team all planned out so I'm ready to go, names and all. I've never played Gold, Silver or Crystal so I don't have an old team from them. 2nd gen is the only gen I've never played with so I'm real excited about this. **pokes Amazon** Don't make me wait to long you hear.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I don't know for Internet trading, but for someone who has two DS/two games, you can trade for anything with D/P/Pl and HG/SS via Pokémon center with no troubles.

Including things not in the Johto dex, like Weavile. :)
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Omg. Everywhere I go on the internets is talking about HG/SS and I went and got swept up and ordered HG yesterday. YAY. @_@

Should arrive tomorrow.

I want to buy one of those guidebook thingers too but currently (from what I see on Amazon) there's only the option of buying two distinct versions for HGSS right now (one covers Johto, the other Kanto)...
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Down to Ilex forest in SS. I actually beat Whitney in HG, so I have catching up to do.
Spoiler: open/close
I swear, Notched Ear Pichu event is the cutest thing ever. Squee! I got it on HG and SS! I also put one of mine on my PokeWalker. Adorable cutie is adorable!

They seem to all have the same nature as well, though. Anyone got a Notched Ear Pichu with a nature other than naughty? I know than the other Pichu (which can be evolved and will still trigger the event, I evolved both of mine into Raichus) has a set nature.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I think there's something wrong with me. XD Reset the game probably 20 times last night until I got a trainer ID I could live with (26865, makes a nice palindrome in certain fonts), and then another 10 times until my Chikorita had a neutral nature. Only then could I play the damn game.

Then again, I'm very certain that I will only ever have one playthrough on this thing and then never touch it again once I complete the pokedex, so a little perfectionism as the start is worthwhile.

I'm being stubborn and mainly training the 6 that will be on my main team; so far, Bayleef is the only one obtainable as of yet. That means my lv. 20 critter is getting his butt whooped by Falkner and for good reason. ;) If I lose one or two more times, I'll go back and train something quick like a pidgey... but I'm almost over-leveled enough to make up for the disadvantage.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I think I left off right after the Violet city gym last night. I've got most of my team assembled, all except whatever water pokemon I may train. I'm loving all the nostalgic moments, like getting kicked by your rival...
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I did something stupid. Thanks goodness it didn't end that badly.

Last time I saved was when Jasmine was in the lighthouse. So, this morning, I beat Chuck, beat Jasmine, went up to Manogany and went back to Goldenrod to put a pokémon I caught in the daycare.

And, I decided to go see Bill and get Eevee right now.

And didn't save between Lighthourse and Bill. So, I'd have to redo it, or be stuck with the Eevee I'd get. Which frustrated me, as I was looking for a female Eevee.

Well, I got one. And saved quickly quickly after.

I'm never doing that again, I swear!

EDIT:And caught a Shiny Butterfree during the bug-catching contest.
Whee!
Amotten

Post by Amotten »

Argh, I’m jealous!
The UK doesn’t get HG/SS until the 26th. Well, I suppose this gives me time to think of what team I want.
I’m totally getting Soul Silver.
And caught a Shiny Butterfree during the bug-catching contest.
Oh, nice! They are so pretty.
Main account: Amotten
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yay! My pokemon finally came in the mail. Boo at a mess up in the order. It wasn't a bad mess up. I ordered 2 Heartgolds and only got one. Luckly for me my wife was more excited about playing SS then HG so she's willing to wait. They would of send me my 2nd one if they didn't sell out of all of them but I get a refund instead so that's cool. I'll just have to buy it when they restock or get them from the store in town. And on a plus we got the figures with them so yay! My wife jumped right into her game and is getting all nostalgic. I'm just about to start mine so I'll be absorbed in my DS for awhile. XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Something else I wanted to point out, as people(At least me!) forget about it.

On the 6th floor of the Goldenrod Market (The huuuge PokeShop), there is a lady who, for 300$, will give you one of these

-Status-healing berries (Cheri, Rawst...). Pretty sure these do not change from day to day
-Ball (Net, Quick...)
-TM

You will get berries more than anything else. I got a couple balls that way, and a Drain Punch TM. I don't know if there is a limit to how many times you can play, but I found it worthwhile, as status berries, seems to be harder to come by than in previous games.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I have only one negative about this game thus far. I'm so wishing I could delete phone numbers. Gah, those people are annoying.

Ah well, I'm happy to have this game and be bouncing my way through the gyms I beat so long ago I can't remember who runs them and what they use. My game really seems to like giving me girls. From my starter to the red gyarados, tons of females.

Suicune was the only legendary dog I caught in Silver, so I hope to get all three this time and I can't wait to get to the point I can chain for shinies. At least, we'd better be able to chain shiny pokemon in this game. I'm an addict for that.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kari

Post by Kari »

Finally got my copy, was kinda miffed that you couldn't do wi-fi trading until after the first gym, but I sweeped it with my Quilava. Trading over some TMs and my eggs now :3
derp