Pokemon HG/SS

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Pokemon HG/SS

Post by Jessi »

I named my rival Silver because I am uncreative and unoriginal xD Usually I name my rivals after one of the many Pokemon fan characters Lindsey and I have made, because we are -that- lame, but since I don't have any Pokemon characters that are complete assholes, I stuck with Silver xD
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I named my rival Scythe. Which is the name of one of my characters who is an asshole so it works perfectly. XD I tend to name my pokemon and the people I can name after my characters who they fit. If a pokemon doesn't fit any of my characters or I have one already named after one of my characters, then I'll make up a name for them. My wife also named her rival Scythe. She's such a copy cat. ;P Heh!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Fury

Post by Fury »

Ugh, testicles.

I could have sworn I told game.co.uk to deliver to my place of work, I really could. I was waiting all day but figured that I would receive it tomorrow instead but when I get home there's a 'Sorry, you were out!' card from the Post Office on my doormat.

Annoyed.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I finally got my copy! It's good fun to play a nice new game :). I traded for the in-game Onix and his rock throw killed Falkner, so that was convenient.

I'm itching to use the pokewalker though, I'm a little annoyed you don't get to use it straight away. Which gym do you have to be up to to be able to use it?
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I thought you could use the pokewalker as soon as you're able to store pokemon in boxes?

Idk. *useless*

Also, thank you Fury, my next rival is going to be named Testicles.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, it doesn't tell you in-game that you can suddenly use it. Just try and see if it works, I guess. I tried really early on and it worked, but I don't remember how early. Larkspurlane is probably right.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So this is the total wrong game but I was catching a horsea on my diamond for a friend and healed my pokemon at a pokemon center for the first time since I completed my pokedex and got the gold trainer card...
Spoiler: open/close
Nurse Joy totally fangirlled all over me! It was so awesome! That was so totally worth the effort, and I think it's even better that I discovered it now when I least expected it!
Back to HG/SS, what kind of pokemon does everyone have on their pokewalker? I started out with a mareep with a bad nature, but switched it to a butterfree later. I love this little thing, since I'm walking all over my huge campus all the time anyway.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I have a zigzagoon on mine! Named Xyzzy. I also randomly ended up with a hoothoot who wants to walk with me, I guess. Maybe I will.
Image Image
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I'm going to get my game today~ *is totally excited and fangirlish*

I had a dream the other night that I was playing it and it was identical to Crystal other than the increased number of Pokémon and the Walker. 2ndGen graphics, tinny music, the lot, and I was so conflicted over whether or not it was worth it. Hopefully the real thing won't disappoint in terms of improvements...
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Having a pokemon actually follow you around for almost the entire game (excepting a few places where it's not possible) is a long-awaited feature that vastly improves the game on its own. And then it's awesome even beyond that!
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I just love love having my pokemon follow me. It's my favorite part of the game. I just love the different things they do when you talk to it. I hope they keep it in future games.

The pokemon I have on my pokewalker is a spinarak named Nyrin. I just got around to getting my pokewalker set up and I'm excited to get walking around with it. This is definitely going to get me to enjoy walking more.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I agree, I love having my pokes following me around! When you go back to DP or earlier games, you feel so lonely not having a little sprite sniffing around or looking eager to fight a gym leader. :D

I have my gengar in my pokewalker. I love the nerd glee of being at work and having a secret pokemans in my pocket while I'm in VVVERY SERIOUS meetings.

It also functions as a Max Repel for cool people when you're caught fiddling with it.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

♪ I have the ga-ame ^_^

And it is everything I could have wished for, and more. I've only played a small amount so far, but it seems like these people REALLY know how a remake should be done. The world is in colour and stereo, and yet every step I take is so true to my memories that I want to dash over to Japan and thank the creators personally. So far the only thing I've noticed missing is the radio sets that used to be in people's houses-- it's a shame they've gone, I found them amusing, but overall I cannot complain at all. No tearful moments as yet, though I did get a lump in my throat when I caught my female Rattata in almost exactly the same place as I had in Crystal. Welcome back, Lucy :)

Rivally Nigelly looks a heck of a lot better in this game than he ever did in 2ndGen. I've stuck to the same Pokémon, so he has too (although my Chiko didn't want to gender female this time, so after twenty reloads I just said "to heck with it" and took a male one).
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Fury

Post by Fury »

I have my game! Excuse any excited incoherent ramblings that may occur below.

I chose Heart Gold (for a number of reasons really: I had the original Gold over Silver, Ho-Oh is lovely and the figurine and and and!) and I love it so far. I've only just started playing really - I've just delivered the egg to Professor Elm.
As for my starter, I went with Totodile in the end. I chose the Grass-Type Turtwig in Platinum last and for some reason I'm not too fond of Quilava/Typhlosion. I remember always choosing Cyndaquil on my original Gold cart anyway.

I haven't played with the Pokewalker yet but it is bloody adorable. It reminds me of the whole Tamagotchi/Pokemon Pikachu fad. Cute!
Lark wrote:Also, thank you Fury, my next rival is going to be named Testicles.
Ahahaha I did actually try it but it's too long, damn it! I wanted to name him Testiclé (I think you all agree, hilarity would prevail) but I just named him Mycroft as I was watching Sherlock Holmes at the time. Not as funny.
Lark wrote:It also functions as a Max Repel for cool people when you're caught fiddling with it.
LOL
Madge

Post by Madge »

I named my rival Roux, after almost naming him something I can't remember that didn't quite fit because we were one character short. I went with Roux after a fit of inspiration since everyone was talking about him being a red-headed boy, and "Roux" is a french name that is given to people with red hair. Sort of like "Blue" is in English, I guess.

so yeah, that's my story. I had trouble with Bugsy's scyther oddly enough, but the Onix I traded for came back out and kicked some booty. So that was good.